What's new
hey on the waiting list could you update my name for the mvs cart and xenocrysis rom? Thanks!

Last edited:
Waitlist for potential third batch:

0/12
I would like to ask to be added to the next batch:
MVS
Buy cart
XenoCrisis please

I'm aware of the current pricing and able to pay whenever you'd like.

This looks amazing, thank you for putting forth the effort.

-Dan

As should come to the surprise of no one, but yet still surprised me somehow: every one of the daughterboards that JLCPCB assembled is riddled with bridged pins.

14 bridged pins on this one alone...

Attachments

• PXL_20240108_180228814.jpg
    PXL_20240108_180228814.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 100
As should come to the surprise of no one, but yet still surprised me somehow: every one of the daughterboards that JLCPCB assembled is riddled with bridged pins.

14 bridged pins on this one alone...
What happens in a case like this? Is it tough shit for you or will JLCPCB do something for you?

What happens in a case like this? Is it tough shit for you or will JLCPCB do something for you?
Your guess is as good as mine. I have a ticket in with support, and they'll get back to me.

I did find some of these are connected on the PCB anyway, so no big deal those ones are bridged. But I have had to clean up 3-4 bridges per PCB so far. Which is defeating the point of shelling out decent money to save myself a ton of time.

In any case, my current plan is to do 1-2 carts worth of daughterboards per day. I'm back to work, so this will be a few hours each evening. Then when I get the cart PCBs back from my assistant it should just be plug in, test, ship. Assuming they program nicely and that nothing ELSE goes awry.

Last edited:
If it's not too late, can update my order in the waitlist to have Xenocrisis in my MVS cart? I can provide evidence of me buying the rom file from bitmap bureau when it's time for payment.

If it's not too late, can update my order in the waitlist to have Xenocrisis in my MVS cart? I can provide evidence of me buying the rom file from bitmap bureau when it's time for payment.
Easy enough, I'll get it changed.

Well, I built 5 carts worth of V and C2 daughterboards this evening, but I've only managed to program/verify/dump 1 chip. They program fine, they verify fine, but then they'll get 1 or 2 errors in the dumping process. But /where/ it finds the error changes so it's just the programmer not reading it right for that moment in time rather than a bad bit on the chip. I swapped to a benchtop PSU and that's helped a ton in consistency, but it's still not consistent enough. Changing from 64KB to 32KB cluster size seems to have helped some as well, but it's frustrating to hit dump 15 times before I get a clean one.

I'm not really sure what will speed this up. I'm terribly open to ideas though, ha.

New dumpers are in DHL's hands now. Should be here Tuesday.

Waitlist folks! I have one AES spot open in the first batch from people who backed out. And I have a handful of you that I don't know if you want AES or MVS (or I missed writing it down). Hoping to find one of you to toss in there.

@niceguy @ebzero89 @PhysicalMedia @HoblinGobs34 @edwoodjr @zerocix @Shinsengumi @KingRolo @Mukuro_W
MVS for me. I have a version 3 cartridge to send out also and xenocrisis.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I was directed here to try to get a hold of one of these carts - is it still possible to get on the list for an MVS cart?

I guess I should check this site more often 🤣 is it too late to jump on for an AES cart?

If there is room on the waitlist for the MVS cart, I would love to be added. Will buy the Xeno rom, but will need a case. Thank you for doing this for everyone who needs the assist!

Thank you.

Last edited:
Alright, few setbacks time-wise. Had to go back home to help with my grandparents' estate (mostly cleaning out the houses and helping my mom understand all the paperwork), plus work kicked back in beginning of the month. Haven't made the progress I'd hoped for as I genuinely haven't had the time. My assistant also had to have surgery suddenly. So it's been a mess.

On the upside, I've got a plan and a schedule.

By Feb 15th at the latest I will have all 150 of the V and C2 daughterboards built. Will start programming them as I go (hopefully in conjunction with putting them onto carts) after they're all built.

About 2/3 of the dual daughterboards have C1 soldered on and programmed already, and about 1/2 of the C3 chips to go on them are programmed and just need to be moved over.

About 1/5 of the V and C2 daughterboards are already done.

I will hopefully have the 60 MVS carts back from my helper by the 15th, and if so I will start putting them together. If not, I will start putting together the C3s onto dual daughterboards while waiting.

AES carts are all waiting to have their S/P/M roms put on. They're already programmed, just waiting to trade AES for MVS with my helper.

I'm knocking on wood that I should be able to start shipping end of Feb.

I will catch up with PM's and new batch folks eventually.

@MVSBruiser A version of that new menu is on these carts, but not the most current version. Only real difference I can find is that the credits screen is not included. Unfortunately I'd programmed 60 carts before they implemented it, and it was not worth hours of redo-ing it.

Back