What's new

klee123

Professional
Reaction score
Ive been thinking of getting a voltmeter for my Blast City Cabinet, as this would negate the need to use a multimeter to measure on jamma edge.

I see a few on sale on ebay, but anyone know any recommendations?

They’re fairly simple devices, not much to them. Just get one that’s built solid. I have a few JAMMA pass through voltmeters that Frank made when he was active, but I believe @FrancoB or possibly JNX have solutions too?

I still use my multimeter to test in a cab, even though they all have voltmeters. The voltmeter range sometimes gets funky when there’s a big fluctuation, even after adjusting it perfectly.

Last edited:
the aliexpress etc ones are fine, you can even get a bench power supply and adjust the potentiometer on the voltmeter so it reads accurately (if its a little bit out).
they come in tons of colours too. i just use Wurth double sided tape to adhere them to things, if no other fastening option is available, or if 2 part glue is overkill.

I use JNX products (@XianXi) also, they work great. Just remember if you get any voltmeter, they need calibration. There’s a little potentiometer on the back side you turn to adjust the readout. I set my power to get 5.00v reading on a chip with a multimeter and then calibrate the pot so the readout shows 5.00.

I use the JNX Atlas. Has the voltmeter and is very well built. Have been using it for years. Also has a kick harness connector that comes in handy for mobos like the Atomiswave that require 5 buttons. It maps the extra 2 buttons to 6 button controllers.

If you are the DIY type, all you need is the Jamma connector, fingerboard and the voltmeter of your choice. Pretty simple to slap together if you have the time to do it.

If you have any JNX adapter, most of them support a voltmeter except the Phase and Rage.

Back