What's new
For Sale
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Taito jamma kit still the best way to get jamma into the Vewlix? Are they readily available? I'd like to get another candy to run vert games, but open to a Vewlix. If others on east coast / new england area are planning on ordering sometime in the next few months let me know. Maybe we can combine shipping.
They stopped making JAMMA kits a long time ago, if you can find someone willing to sell, they’re going upwards of $1,000. That is not in the realm of sane. You’d probably be better off with something like a jammafier if you wanted to go JAMMA in a Vewlix
Jammafier + retroscaler a1 + vewlix universal monitor bracket + a new monitor would run you close to the asking price of just the Vewlix Jamma kit and would be a huge upgrade.

Jammafier + retroscaler a1 + vewlix universal monitor bracket + a new monitor would run you close to the asking price of just the Vewlix Jamma kit and would be a huge upgrade.
Do the Vewlix's tend to need new monitors?

@everten a bunch of us (in New England!) are doing something like this for jamma, though the retroscaler isn't exactly built for LCD so we use a Jassifer and an ossc. New monitor has freesync so it's pretty flexible. Link & photos: The Jassifier

The original monitor is 100% fine for 480p/720p but requires something to stabilize refresh rates on anything other than 60hz. The traditional taito jamma kit offered some help but was by far universal. The above setup is about as close as I've ever seen to a) universal b) avoiding frame buffers on the video

Do the Vewlix's tend to need new monitors?
Need is subjective. I'm not terribly picky myself, but the value of putting a more modern screen in is very worth, and for me it equalizes the values of the different Vewlix models. At the end of the day, your play experience will be based entirely on your screen, speakers, and joystick/buttons. The rest is cosmetic, and pretty much any modern screen will be better than what is in most/all Vewlixes.

here next week

Attachments

• 09b679a9-f61e-4997-98f9-3813f230673a (1).JPG
    09b679a9-f61e-4997-98f9-3813f230673a (1).JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,721
Is the Taito jamma kit still the best way to get jamma into the Vewlix? Are they readily available? I'd like to get another candy to run vert games, but open to a Vewlix. If others on east coast / new england area are planning on ordering sometime in the next few months let me know. Maybe we can combine shipping.
There's one on eBay, but yeah, they're pricey and not common.
Doing a bay area delivery any time soon?
This. I was eyeballing another member's cabs but it's ghost town, so I'm kinda eyeballing blue Diamonds with KC right now.

@kcarcadegame I'm looking for a Vewlix F with a 2-player, 12-button layout. Do you happen to have one in stock?
I believe official 2p panels have 14 buttons.
Correct. Almost never will a cab ship with a 2L panel. If you’re looking for an original lmk, I have some in stock from the last TAITO order.
I'll have to get back to you on that in a week or two. Once I can finally rub two pennies together again, I'll probably come a-knockin' asking about the price.

Hi KC, do you have any Vewlix F cabinets in stock? I'm local in LA and can come inspect/pick up. Do any have with 2 player panels? If not, do you still have a panel you can ship, Cereth?

Hi KC, do you have any Vewlix F cabinets in stock? I'm local in LA and can come inspect/pick up. Do any have with 2 player panels? If not, do you still have a panel you can ship, Cereth?
Best to text/call him. I was in your shoes about 2 weeks ago. (626) 800-9192. Like someone said earlier, no Vewlixes that KC has are going to come 2P. You have to gather the parts separately to do that upgrade. I got my parts from Cereth, stand up guy had everything I needed. Got my buttons and extra joysticks from Arcade Shock (Local Socal Torrance Shop).

Yup, been texting with him today, good call though! And yeah, Cereth seems like the man with the necessary 2P stuff. Didn't know about Arcade Shock, that's cool!

Is Arcadeshock close? I was not able to find their shop phone number. Trying to get the Universal Brooks Fighting Board from them.

Is Arcadeshock close? I was not able to find their shop phone number. Trying to get the Universal Brooks Fighting Board from them.
They're in Torrance, about 5 minutes from my house. But right now they're only doing mail order, as far as I know they haven't re-opened the store front during the pandemic. They ship super fast, just order off their website, you'll get it within a day or two.

groove coaster 4 EX good condition 3 units here

Attachments

• IMG_5192 (3).PNG
    IMG_5192 (3).PNG
    339.3 KB · Views: 129
I would avoid buying from KC. I picked up a few machines from him after having communicated with him here and via text even though he has a bad reputation on the arcade groups on Facebook. I purchased a coin dispenser, a Groove Coaster, a Bishi Bashi, and a UFO Catcher. He lied to me about having tested the coin hoppers on the coin machine, the Groove Coaster has a monitor board that is going out so the machine doesn't stay on for more than about 20 minutes, the Bishi Bashi arrived with broken acryllic and the UFO Catcher is a disgusting mess. His response to my complaints? "Send them back to me."

Buyer beware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back