What's new
Leaving post for interest I have both boards. If I can be of any assistance to this project let me know.

Almost ready to test

Attachments

• DC7FDA79-2492-4CCB-9BAB-48177A05B736.jpeg
    DC7FDA79-2492-4CCB-9BAB-48177A05B736.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 238
Would love one of these!!

now to find a KI board that isnt being sold for $1700..

For the switch it is best to use an ON-OFF-ON switch in case you want to make use of the ribbon extension to locate the switch elsewhere on the cabinet
You would them need to make sure the switch on the pcb is OFF
OR just do not install the switch on the pcb

I will not be selling the boards but I will post the files for you to have your own manufactured

Great! Can’t wait for the post of the board and BOM… definitely cleaner solution!

If only this solution could work with KI2 boards… I’ve got too many of those and could spare one to mid for this!

"too many" KI2's ?

You feel like selling or trading one to a fellow Aussie ;) drop me a PM...
I had 2 x complete KI1 cabinets, 1 x KI board, and 1 x complete KI2 cabinet and 3 x KI2 boards... so i had a few at my peak!

I've sold the KI1 cabinets, and 2 x KI2 boards... so am down to 1 x KI board, 1 x KI2 complete cabinet and 1 x KI2 board.

I can consider letting the spare KI2 board go, ill send a message.

i was thinking more on this - to me, it's an incomplete project!
i wonder how hard it would be to patch the ki2 rom to use the slave HD instead of the master.
that would be 1 less patch wire.

the other thing i was thinking was about those compact-flash adapters with 2 microSD sockets.
i wonder if i could open one without wrecking the casing???
make it switch cards instead of raiding them!

@DogP
Hope you are doing well - did you ever do any more work on getting this to work on a KI2 pcb?
Thanks for all your work on this

Back