What's new
Is there a pcb we have to make for the rom chips? I thought I read mention of that

Is there a pcb we have to make for the rom chips? I thought I read mention of that
That for the multi, it's not released yet.
What i released today are the non-multi ROMs, no need for any additional hardware.
The interesting part for most people would be the inclusion of the soft reset and the ROMs allowing to run KI1 on KI2 board.

Question: I know that it was discussed that it would be theoretically be possible to run bot KI1 and KI2 on the same HDD by reworking the starting sector that each game looks to pull the game files off the drive. I saw the release notes on github mention that option is in a menu. Does this mean that a one drive/SD/CF card solution is in the works?

Question: I know that it was discussed that it would be theoretically be possible to run bot KI1 and KI2 on the same HDD by reworking the starting sector that each game looks to pull the game files off the drive. I saw the release notes on github mention that option is in a menu. Does this mean that a one drive/SD/CF card solution is in the works?
Yes, i am working on a multi ROM containing both KI1 and KI2 and it's working with a single drive for both KI1 and KI2.
You can see it working in this video :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUH0ATRGXPo

There's some additional hardware in the making to handle the sound rom bank switching.

Yes, i am working on a multi ROM containing both KI1 and KI2 and it's working with a single drive for both KI1 and KI2.
You can see it working in this video :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUH0ATRGXPo

There's some additional hardware in the making to handle the sound rom bank switching.
Neku, are there any tips or specific details on how the combo KI+KI2 needs to be created in order to work correctly from one single Flash/HD card like in your video?

Last edited:
re: the disk image. Is it just a matter of writing it to a CF card and putting it into an adapter?

Question on this, what is the benefit of going with a CF card over, say a DOM (Disk on Memory) drive, which is basically just an IDE SSD?

I was thinking about getting something like this to replace my current CF card. it would sit flat and should be large enough that it would fit both games in it. this way I would avoid bulky attachments

Question on this, what is the benefit of going with a CF card over, say a DOM (Disk on Memory) drive, which is basically just an IDE SSD?

I was thinking about getting something like this to replace my current CF card. it would sit flat and should be large enough that it would fit both games in it. this way I would avoid bulky attachments
Arcadecup used to sell DOMs for KIs. I'm most curious how you write both games to the same drive, cause it's not like the roms where you can just bank switch.

Arcadecup used to sell DOMs for KIs. I'm most curious how you write both games to the same drive, cause it's not like the roms where you can just bank switch.
the bios is looks for a specific sector to get boot info, IIRC all that was needed was to edit the sector that KI2 was looking for the data and BAM.

dual boot drive.

Has anyone gotten the neku ki1 u.98 rom to boot…I just get a black screen. The test rom works correctly!….
Just wanted to try while waiting for the dual boot rom and combined hdd image release.

Has anyone gotten the neku ki1 u.98 rom to boot…I just get a black screen. The test rom works correctly!….
Just wanted to try while waiting for the dual boot rom and combined hdd image release.
Which file exactly ?
On a KI1 or KI2 board ?

I have recently burnt a KI1 rom for a KI2 board from the github and it was working.
I did not test the KI1 rom file for a KI1 board (only tested it in MAME), if that's the one you are trying to burn i will test it against one of my boards.

Which file exactly ?
On a KI1 or KI2 board ?

I have recently burnt a KI1 rom for a KI2 board from the github and it was working.
I did not test the KI1 rom file for a KI1 board (only tested it in MAME), if that's the one you are trying to burn i will test it against one of my boards.
I tried 19489-ki-l15d.u98 on a ki 1 board and just got black screen.
Amazing work by the way…thank you! really looking forward to the multi rom and hdd image…

I think I posted a couple months ago, if you need any testing done with real hardware I have my KI2 and we have CF production capability at work. :)

I'm a major casual observer on this project, I don't know really what's going on.

I tried 19489-ki-l15d.u98 on a ki 1 board and just got black screen.
Amazing work by the way…thank you! really looking forward to the multi rom and hdd image…
Tested it with the same file against two of my KI1 boards and it works correctly.
Make sure you burn it on a 4 mbits EPROM and the EPROM type select jumper is on 4 mbits.

Back