What's new

bobbydilley

Grand Master
Reaction score
https://github.com/bobbydilley/lindbergh-loader

Probably not that exciting for many people due to the level of complexity, but I've made my Lindbergh loader for linux public.

It's a piece of software that allows you to play Lindbergh games natively on modern linux, the house of the dead 4 is the main one that being targetted at the moment - there are lots of issues though:

- it only works for a small subset of games currently
- it's complex to get setup
- the sound sounds awful
- it might try and change your screen res / keyboard key repeat
- the game has to be patched to bypass security

I'd be interested in any feedback if anyone tries to use it, and also any help if anyone is an expert in sound / opengl / openal.

This emulator does nothing to attempt to bypass the Lindbergh security measures, and so the games will need to be patched appropriately by the user.

Last edited:
Hi. Thanks for you Amazing work. I've been waiting a long Time for a thing like that to replace those cursed dying Lindy :) i have a question about the jvs, is it available "natively" with the original jvs card on a PCI port, or with an rs232 adaptor ? Thanks, i will try to run your software soon

Hi. Thanks for you Amazing work. I've been waiting a long Time for a thing like that to replace those cursed dying Lindy :) i have a question about the jvs, is it available "natively" with the original jvs card on a PCI port, or with an rs232 adaptor ? Thanks, i will try to run your software soon
Hello,

You can set the JVS to come out of a USB to RS485 converter which you can then connect to the real IO board inside the cab. This is controlled in the settings file.

Be aware though that this emulator is very early stages, and I've not tested the native JVS feature for a while - so it's likely broken!

Thank you for your work!
Currently I lack the knowledge to contribute but I think this is an important step in ditching Teknoparrot for a more minimal and windowsless setup :)

Excellent work :) Recently picked up a Silver Lindbergh to play VF5FS, and even with cleaning and maintenance I wonder how much longer these will last.
Is there support for joystick based titles like VF5 and Virtua Tennis?

Can't wait to see more progress on this!
This is going to be huge to bring Lindberghs back from the dead without using a multi or having to deal with the Lindbergh being locked to one or two GPU it can use.

I guess the next logical step would be for someone to create a clone of the JVS card or create a board to interface real hardware with the loader you're working on.
Definitely gonna keep an eye on this project, specially if it allows one day for Afterburner to be played with proper throttle control.

> I guess the next logical step would be for someone to create a clone of the JVS card or create a board to interface real hardware with the loader you're working on.

The project can already interface with all original hardware, and is the soul purpose of the project really. JVS can be interfaced using a $5 USB to RS485 convertor, and any of the serial connections can be interfaced with the serial on the computer it's using or another few USB to RS232 convertors. It's a drop in replacement for the Lindbergh.

The next logical step is just getting all the games to actually work at the moment! :P

IMG-20230112-183211.jpg

I messed with this but i cannot get Afterburner, Outrun or Rambo to boot.

It builds without errors but when i try to launch a game i either see "object cannot be preloaded" or bash tells me it doesn't have the right permission so i try to run it with sudo and bash then complains that the command is not found.

I honestly don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Ringbergh? Wait Sega used RingEdge hardware with a special OS to allow the RingEdge to run Lindbergh games?
If so that's definitely something that needs to be preserved.
I think you don't really have understand that Ringbergh logo is my production and not Sega original one.

Just thought I would do a quick update post, we've now seen all of the following games boot up on the emulator:
  • 2 Step 2 Spicy
  • After Burner Climax
  • Ghost Squad Evolution (Only on Ubuntu 16)
  • Harley Davidson
  • Let's Go Jungle
  • Let's Go Jungle Special
  • Outrun 2 SP SDX
  • R-Tuned
  • Race TV
  • Rambo
  • The House Of The Dead 4
  • The House Of The Dead 4 Special
  • The House Of The Dead Ex
  • Virtua Fighter 5
  • Initial D 4
  • Virtua Tennis 3
  • Hummer (Test mode issues)
  • Primevil (Graphics Issues)
  • Initial D 5 (Graphics Issues)
Next steps are to think about are controls, improving code quality and to focus on improving audio and usability of the emulator.

Back