What's new

Mr.Seo

Beginner
Reaction score
Dear Expert,
Does anyone knows how to upgrade Mario Kart 1 GP to Mario Kart 2 GP.
I have Mario Kart 1 GP. I would like to upgrade Mario Kart 2 GP. Please let me have your advice. :)

Thank you for your information ! Today, I just try to do what you said. But can not upgrade the firmware. The board said just the software can not be accepted by main board. If you know the upgrade the firmware, please net me know. Just incase, I use the GP 1 media board to upgrade the firmware.

It might have to do with it being a GP1 media board. Maybe you can't netboot on it?

In Namco's ROM board version the media board has the same network functionality as the Type 3 (and Type 1 if using a network enabled DIMM) but instead of using the GD-ROM drive it has an internal NAND based ROM cartridge and an SD card slot which was left unused. Most games will only either work with the Type 1 or Type 3 units and only the Namco ROM games can work with the ROM system.
https://segaretro.org/Triforce#Media_Board

Unfortunately, I don't know of anyone here with a MKGP.

No. I can not netboot on it. Other type3, like Virtua Striker 2002, can be set net boot or cf boot by dip switch. But GP1 is rom cartridge type so, I can not find the the net booting.

But GP1 is rom cartridge type so, I can not find the the net booting.
Maybe you can't netboot on it?
If it's cartridge based, there is nothing you can do about it, other than replacing the media board for type 3 media board.
Even if you could netboot, the cart is based on flashes, not RAM, so you wouldn't be able to load anything else.

Back