What's new

Tibal

Student
Reaction score
Hi,

To make PC conversion of SEGA Racing Cabinets easy, I started making PCBs based on SailorSat, BigPanik and njz3's work and code. The goal is to have something Plug and Play, and user friendly from a Hardware perspective, doing no harm to our beloved cabinets.

These PCBs are made to replace the original stack cage. The connectors are the same as on the cage's Filterboard.
All the other original boards, including FFB boards, are kept.
PC <-> Cabinet communication is performed by an Arduino MEGA2560 with njz3 software. Thus, its name : MEGA Adapter
It allows Multi-game with FFB or stack replacement with OG FFB

Here is what it looks like:

M3 MEGA Adapter v2.0 for SEGA Model 3 Cabinets, like Daytona USA 2, Scud Race, Sega Rally 2... (v2.1 now available)
M3 Mega Adapter v2.0.jpg

M2 MEGA Adapter v1.0 for SEGA Model 2 Cabinet i.e. Daytona USA (this one is still in testing process) Now available!
M2 Mega Adapter v1.0.jpg

M2A MEGA Adapter v1.0 for SEGA Model 2A-CRX Cabinets, like Sega Rally Championship... (v2.0 now available)
M2A Mega Adapter v1.0.jpg

M2B.C MEGA Adapter v1.0 for SEGA Model 2B and 2C-CRX Cabinets, like Sega Touring Car, Indy 500... (v2.0 now available)
M2B.C Mega Adapter v1.0.jpg

F355 MEGA Adapter v1.0 for a few SEGA Naomi/Hikaru Cabinets: F355 Challenge 1&2, NASCAR Arcade (v2.0 now available)
F355 Mega Adapter v1.0.jpg

One of the pros of this conversion method with njz3's code, is that you can either play:
- ALL PC emulated games with emulated Force FeedBack, or
- PC emulated games made for your cabinet with ORIGINAL FFB (SailorSat and BigPanik's "M2PAC" mode, aka "RAW" Mode).
This second option allows your PC to behave like an original stack FFB-wise (Game/Motorboard/Driveboard/EPROM have to match in that case). It makes a big difference in a game like Sega Rally 2.

The Mega Adapter talks to BackForceFeeder installed on the PC (also developped by njz3).

My PCBs provide a few optional features, depending on the model and version:

- A Video Sync converter from RGBHV to RGBS, to send a VGA signal to the RGBS input of a CRT (the PC Video H frequency has to be tweaked to match CRT's)

- Bandicoot & njz3's VideoAmp compatibility to have a Plug and Play solution to display PC on CRT, with amplification, protection and correct 15/24/31khz frequency

- noise reduction on potentiometer signals (steering, accel and brake)

- MultiFFB (= Multi EPROM for Model 1/2/3 Driveboards) remote control if your driveboard is difficult to reach at the back of your cabinet

- possibilty to add Buttons and Lamps, or to bypass them (if you want to put a 4 View Panel on your 2 View wired Cabinet, or to change your shifter)

- UART output to drive Aganyte's PWM boards

- Delo's H4+Sequential and Evo H4+H6+Sequential Shifters support (RJ45 connector)

All the details on the french official threads : M3 MEGA Adapter, M2 MEGA Adapters, F355 MEGA Adapter.

Compatible Cabinets:
M3 Mega Adapter: Le Mans 24, Dirt Devils, Emergency Call Ambulance, Scud Race / Sega Super GT, Sega Rally Championship 2, Daytona USA 2, Harley-Davidson and L.A. Riders (without FFB)
M2 Mega Adapter: Daytona USA
M2A Mega Adapter: Sega Rally, Manx TT Superbike (without FFB), Motor Raid (without FFB)
M2B.C Mega Adapter: Indy 500, Sega Touring Car, OverRev, Super GT 24

Installation video of a M3MA v1.0 in a Scud Race cab, and test on Sega Rally 2 (english subtitles available):
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuKd-Kokih0

Examples of wiring: Minimal connections if using a LCD monitor, and if using a VideoAmp for CRT display:
M3MA connection.png

VA - M3MA connection.png

Thanks for reading me! :)

Last edited:
I saw these boards on gamoover some month back. I dunno why but I got the impression they did the opposite: allow PC peripheral controls on the cabinet instead of using the cabinet to control the PC.

Hey @Tibal, any plans on making one in the future that is compatible with an Outrun 2 cabinet?
This is not in my short term plans, but as I got an Outrun 2 twin cabinet quite recently, I should work on that sooner or later.

I saw these boards on gamoover some month back. I dunno why but I got the impression they did the opposite: allow PC peripheral controls on the cabinet instead of using the cabinet to control the PC.
Yes, maybe I was not clear enough sorry, but you're right, these boards are intended to help putting a PC in the cabinet and control it with the original panel, pedals etc. :)

Oh man, this is awesome!

Hope to see an Initial D 3 compatible board some day!

These look so great!

What are the prices?

Thanks guys! :)

Prices depend on the version and the options you want. PM me for details :)

Hi tibal this production Is avaiable where can buy?
Thanks

Just put an order for six of these for our Sega Rally Cabinets :stig::stig::stig::stig::stig::stig:

La solution me semble excellente et beaucoup mieux que les différentes cartes d'Aganyte et son spaghetti d'enfer.
This solution appears excellent and better than Aganyte multiple boards and the wiring and setup mess it made.

Reste à voir le soft.
Awaiting the software setup.

Back