What's new
I also checked mine and it's fine. Either way - it depends only on the IDC connector orientation.

36274876216_a6fa6381ee_z.jpg

i wanted to verify the pinout in terms of where pin 1 is as most IDC connectors are notched, so if I got it wrong it would make it difficult to reverse the connector.

I just checked the Minigun kick harness connector and it uses the same pinout as HAS. Which means Minigun & HAS may share the following cables:
  • Video / audio
  • Kick harness connector
  • 3/4 player harnesses
  • Controllers
That pleases me as I really wish to instill a common connection standard for all superguns.

If you're happy with utilisng a Molex power connector for the next iteration of HAS that would be great. Saves people having to own / fabricate a bunch of different cables.

If you're happy with utilisng a Molex power connector for the next iteration of HAS that would be great. Saves people having to own / fabricate a bunch of different cables.
I'll consider this, but the HAS comes with a power supply cable anyway, so it's not a big deal. I was thinking about a different connector for the HAS to be honest (JST series JFA J4000 or JFA J3000).

4 player hat is coming along.

It docks into the Minigun via the DB15 controller ports and breaks out into 4 controller ports.

34 pin IDC connector wired to PGM pinout for direct connection between Minigun and PGM via an IDC cable.

Other games may utilise a 20 pin DuPont style connector, which inserts into the 34 pin IDC header of the 4P adapter board, and breakout into the needed connector for the game PCB.
4padapt.png
Nice work ! Can't wait to get mine for my minigun!

so I'm currently using this cable to ossc

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/combo-av-supergun-rgb-av-scart-cable-tv-lead-cord-for-sale

Works fine with the minigun and ossc. My question is if it is safe to use this female scart to rgbs bnc for pvm use:

https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sony-pvm-scart-converter-bnc

It seems it should be ok, but I really hate Scart and all the different standards there are so I'm never confident in my choice, so I rather ask you guys so I do not fry anything. Thx

That BNC cable is fine.

How are you using the first cable you linked to? Completely different connector on it than what the Minigun has.

Tim is not fussed about those cables (last time I asked him anyway). While he recommends them for interference protection he is lax about using them himself. In the same sort of way he is fine with composite as sync, where as a lot of us would use csync or Y (at minimum) exclusively.

I found those cables on eBay too and yeah there are none left. Such a hole in the market. No one wants to pay stupid high prices for the retro gaming cables one of the other retro supplier in the states who does the 45 degree angle end.

I am on the search for one or a few too. You can search for apple printer cables too, lots of those were 8 pin mini back in the day. If someone finds em let's grab some :) alternatively we may be able to do a bulk order from an existing place and just foot the high bill.

Sorry for going off subject. But shielded cables for the minigun would be nice

Which is the problem with Tim's approach. Mini DIN cables are designed for data transfer, use high guage wiring and aren't adequately shielded.

A new version is up, V2.2, see main post.

Mainly just a maintenance release.
  • Refined the BOM (updated parts not in stock with substitutes that are in stock, added M3.5 forked terminals for power supply connection).
  • Slight silkscreen redesign to accommodate either a SWITCH or a HEADER to be used for H1/SW4 and H2/SW5 (AUDIO & LPF).
  • 4 Player adapter added to download. NOT TESTED - WAIT until I receive test PCBs to confirm operation, or live dangerously and take the gamble.

Back