What's new
I still have many v2.5 and v2.5 9pin mini din variant PCB's available if anyone wants.
Shipping international is only $4 (but i send in a stamped envelope so they could get lost!? or tracked is ~$25 to USA.
Bulk discounts. Nobody buys these from me anymore as I guess China builds them now for cheap :( but many PCB's remain.

You can use them for other purposes too - eg I have a custom arcade cab which has a sony PVM as a monitor and I use a v2.5 PCB to drive the video and audio from Jamma.

PM me if you're interested

The 9 pin version can make use of the Genesis 2 component cable from HD Retrovision. It works VERY well.

That doesn't really help you with your 8 pin board, but just wanted to let you know.
Mine isn't working correctly. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't know...

What symptoms after you experiencing?

How are you powering it?

What arcade pcb are you using?
It's a a MVS it is powered by a suzu Happy 15 amp power supply. It almost looks good but there is some distortion.

Made myself one of the mini DIN 9 versions this past weekend, they sure are fun to make.
2021-03-22 18.38.11.jpg

So fun in fact that I didn't stop after the first one since I had components left over so I have a couple extra if anyone wants one:
2021-03-22 18.19.02.jpg

I didn't do the math on how much parts ended up costing per unit but I'll take €50 I did the math and the parts ended up costing about €60 per unit so I'll take €65 plus shipping and direct anything over the parts cost to @Frank_fjs. I can help out with cables for them as well (power and kick-harness), just hit me up to see what you need, what I have, and how much it would cost.

P.S. Should I have opened a sales thread for this? Sorry if this post is against the rules but it's definitely not off-topic :D

Last edited:
Made myself one of the mini DIN 9 versions this past weekend, they sure are fun to make.
2021-03-22 18.38.11.jpg

So fun in fact that I didn't stop after the first one since I had components left over so I have a couple extra if anyone wants one:
2021-03-22 18.19.02.jpg

I didn't do the math on how much parts ended up costing per unit but I'll take €50 I did the math and the parts ended up costing about €60 per unit so I'll take €65 plus shipping and direct anything over the parts cost to @Frank_fjs. I can help out with cables for them as well (power and kick-harness), just hit me up to see what you need, what I have, and how much it would cost.

P.S. Should I have opened a sales thread for this? Sorry if this post is against the rules but it's definitely not off-topic :D
Hey are these still available? I'm not sure how to go about getting a mini gun via this thread. Was sent to it via a friend.

Hey are these still available? I'm not sure how to go about getting a mini gun via this thread. Was sent to it via a friend.
It is available but shipping from Romania to the US is very expensive, cheapest I could find was around 25euros.

It is available but shipping from Romania to the US is very expensive, cheapest I could find was around 25euros.
Honestly price isn't an issue over quality. I want to replace my existing windy gaming supergun with this. Is that possible?

The case closes fine, maybe a bit of encouragement needed near the 3.5mm and DIN connectors, it's just that the holes on top don't line up, the LPF switch was moved and I think something else too, I don't recall. I threw away the top part and kept only the bottom so I don't zap myself when pulling it out on the DIN legs.

Anyone have any blank 2.5 advanced and sync boards, located in the US, that they want to sell, versus me having to order 10 of each and never using 9 of them?

I haven't had the chance to look over the video hat yet, I'll try to get to it over the weekend.

Looking at the pics above, I can't see a power filtering cap for the crystal oscillator. I find this helps with jitter on the composite video line. A 0.1uF in parallel with voltage and ground is all that's needed. I also found, re composite and dot crawl, a 0.1uF in series on the output of the oscillator can be helpful. Additionally, dropping the voltage from 5V to 3.3V to 4V of the oscillator helps.

I think it best to test the circuit as is first though, see what results you get, and adjust from there if necessary.

Sorry to ping the both of you at once, this is mostly for @Nearlylogical , but were these suggestions ever implemented in another version? The most recent files I can find on this thread were from your july 28th post, and I'm really interested in ordering a batch of these to put together!

We're finally in talks to start hosting some fighting game locals again come this fall, and I've got more games than PVMs/RGB CRTs, so this would make things so much easier if I could just grab from the pile of joe-shmoe CRTs ive got lying around instead of hunting down and breaking the bank on another batch of RGB monitors. Also, I wasn't able to find any actual photos of this guy assembled/in use. Anyone here happen to build one of these before? Would love to see what I should expect from the finished product.

Back