What's new
I don't know much about the JVS-2, but should it not work wirhout any extra device or I/O? I mean, it's just connected via USB to the Mister right?
PC/Mister -> JVS-Pac2 -> Cab I/O board.

Jotego has the first beta of CPS1.5 files available for patrons. I'm not a patron so can't try them out. Don't think sound has been added yet though?

https://twitter.com/topapate/status/1319572247879831552
I played the first couple levels of Punisher and booted up Caddies and Dinosaurs so far and all seems pretty good. I didn't bother turning my amp on anticipating the lack of audio. It shouldn't be too long until audio is added.

Finally got into trying the MiSter out, liked it so.....decided to put it a smallish pc case since I didnt really like any of the offerings.

Went with simple/minial soldering required setup with off the shelf parts, etc, think it came out pretty well. Removed the stock fan on the io board, installed a big ass 120mm, overkill, but I wanted quiet and large air movement, plus the case came with mounting location for it, so why not.

Still need to tweak a few ports here and there, but overall very happy with it.

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1881.jpg
    IMG_1881.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Thanks guys, this was basically my beginner build, to use quickly with hdmi or vga display and some wired/wireless controllers, etc.. Any sufggestions on controller to use? Wired or wireless?

Doing another build probably after the holidays, a bit more custom, I actually want one in a more console type case, with options for wireless controller and/or add the snac ports using a blister, db9 ports, etc.. and a few other things.

Use wired for the best result. Damonbite is diy encoder based on Arduino Micro Pro $6 PCB, that has a maximum lag of around 2ms, average being around .75 ms. Thats the best encoder other than Brook which is costly. With 1000ms polling and damonbite / brook board, you will not miss a frame and is basically lagless. 8bitdo BT arent bad at all and I cannot feel any lag on them either. Be careful with 2.4ghz gimmick from Retrobit though, the circuitry is rubbish.

Damonbite encoder github: https://github.com/MickGyver/DaemonBite-Arcade-Encoder

Arcadesticks / Gamepads ranked according to latency by MisTeraddons - this is the best (but extremely underrated) guide out there try to select anything sub 5ms lag and you are good to go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KlRObr3Be4zLch7Zyqg6qCJzGuhyGmXaOIUrpfncXIM/edit#gid=0

Last edited:
Any sufggestions on controller to use? Wired or wireless?
If you want to use original controllers, I can attest to the daemonbite adapters suverman mentioned. I've built a Saturn and PC Engine adapter, and both work great. Thinking of making an NES adapter next.

They're free and opensource, though you can buy some of them direct from the storefront if you don't want to solder and/or want to contribute to the dev.

A few hours ago I made a comparison video of raphnet and daemonbite PCE->USB adapters. daemonbite seems to be just slightly faster in reading the turbo from a PCE controller. (video in the spoiler)

If you want to use arcade sticks, I've personally never had a problem with my madcatz fight sticks modded with mc cthulhu on MiSTer, and I imagine many others would work fine as well.

@Derick2k you should sell that as a kit, it's one of the best case designs I've seen.
Thanks bro, it can be a lot cleaner though. Now that Im learning about what it can do Ill make a revised case with a little bit more options. Cleaner wiring, will put in pin headers for wire management, etc..instead of direct soldering like most do, I want it to be easy to replace anything in that could go bad.

Finally got into trying the MiSter out, liked it so.....decided to put it a smallish pc case since I didnt really like any of the offerings.

Went with simple/minial soldering required setup with off the shelf parts, etc, think it came out pretty well. Removed the stock fan on the io board, installed a big ass 120mm, overkill, but I wanted quiet and large air movement, plus the case came with mounting location for it, so why not.

Still need to tweak a few ports here and there, but overall very happy with it.

IMG_1864.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg
That is seriously so pretty. You have no idea how many more people would get in on MiSTer if it wasn't an octopus. Or, well, maybe you do. Excited to see what you come up with later! I want it!

I'm too impatient to wait for the mistercade, so while I wait for it I got Antonio's solution (is on it's way to me)

Is it still really necessary to patch the Linux kernel with the files provided by Antonio? what's the side effect if we don't do it? I don't feel much comfortable patching when I don't know what the patch is about... and maybe is the patch no longer needed? (Mister Linux's kernel get updated very often...)

Back