What's new
Still tho- as an aside - are there some missing MRAs? I noticed some games like AOF2 and Blues Journey, Fatal Fury Special, Fatal Fury 2, 3, ,etc are not found in the arcade version. But they are there in the console version. (again, same ROMs).

Yes, it's not a complete release.
These were the games that @blackwine got working.

He states as much in the Patreon.

I'm glad you sorted it out.

Yes, it's not a complete release.
These were the games that @blackwine got working.

He states as much in the Patreon.

I'm glad you sorted it out.
Oh! Well radness then. I thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong (as I totally was earlier :D). Good to know its just a WIP.

Sweet. Thanks for all the help! And @blackwine for the work!

https://twitter.com/azumfpg/status/1461999881980194823

Looks like Ridge Racer is now playable on the beta of the PS1 core with dual RAM. Anyone tested it yet?

It’s inevitable that with the growth of MiSTer and more demanding cores that dual RAM is going to be a thing. It’s fine if you use a digital IO board and play on HDMI as the header pins are free for that second RAM module.

Analog / CRT / Cab users will need a whole new rejigged setup it seems with the HDMI converted to Analog?

https://twitter.com/azumfpg/status/1461999881980194823

Looks like Ridge Racer is now playable on the beta of the PS1 core with dual RAM. Anyone tested it yet?

It’s inevitable that with the growth of MiSTer and more demanding cores that dual RAM is going to be a thing. It’s fine if you use a digital IO board and play on HDMI as the header pins are free for that second RAM module.

Analog / CRT / Cab users will need a whole new rejigged setup it seems with the HDMI converted to Analog?
Jamma extender from @invzim should already be ready for this no?

Most definitely. I was thinking more-so for non-cabinet usage though?

Not sure how thumbsticks for PS1 and 8 buttons for that and Saturn will translate well over to cabs.

Wonder if a new IO board will be created for Digital to Analog output?

Last edited:
When this news first came out I shrugged. I don't really care about running console stuff in my cabs. And if it ever gets super compelling for a stand alone setup with at TV I'll build a new box for it. So whatever.

And then I stopped and thought about it more. And reality is I'd probably be pretty happy running some of those Saturn shmup ports in my tate cab. :D

Technically you can have a digital IO board (giving you dual SDRAM modules) and still get analog output, I actually have a digital IO MiSTer hooked up to my 14 inch PVM using an HDMI to VGA dongle connected to a VGA to RGBS BNC cable. Of course you won't get the option for dual HDMI/analog output, and you'll have to make appropriate tweaks to your ini file (most important being activating direct video), but it's totally possible to get crt output with the digital io board.

The main thing is it opens up for arcade PCB's based on these platforms, which is amazing. ST-V (Radiant Silvergun), ZN2 / ZN2, Taito G-NET etc..
Brave Blade, TGM, Aero Fighters Special, etc would all be pretty epic.

Also here's a nice lil pic of my MiSTer setup. Usually I have the system off to the side, but I thought it would look nice on the PVM for this shot.
VCWxpZM.png

I'd say in general MiSTer and bsnes are about the same, but there are some outliers that don't run properly on MiSTer.

AI behavior is completely broken in Doom and there are graphical glitches in Top Gear.

That said, MiSTer is still my preferred way to play SNES now, unless I'm doing a randomizer and need a tracker, or want to play a game with more than two players (only have one 2-port SNES->USB adapter). Then I use an original system with an SD2SNES.

I think I brought that up with Laxera at one point in time as others have as well, He mentioned it's possible but will require additional work. What might need to happen is someone else will need to fork one of the projects and build upon it due to any complexities that follow. At least the foundation will be ready. Sentiments below were nearly a year ago, things could have also changed, who knows, we're in for a nice battle between two devs. good times ahead.

1638234619472.png

1638234679787.png

Last edited:
I think I brought that up with Laxera at one point in time as others have as well, He mentioned it's possible but will require additional work. What might need to happen is someone else will need to fork one of the projects and build upon it due to any complexities that follow. At least the foundation will be ready. Sentiments below were nearly a year ago, things could have also changed, who knows, we're in for a nice battle between two devs. good times ahead.

1638234619472.png

1638234679787.png

Update on this. Things look favorable with PSX arcade based cores from another developer in the team building on Laxeras foundation.

Installed my mistercade in my Astro City finally and was able to replace a hdmi -> vga converter as well as an old JPAC. Man, it makes a huge image quality difference. That freed up another IO board to finally drop it in my NNC mister setup and get rid of another hdmi -> vga converter. That trisync in the NNC looks way better on vga from the IO board too.

Is it a known issue that those hdmi -> vga converters have poor image quality? I don't think I've ever seen it discussed.

Back