What's new
map the button for the test switch, and press and hold it to access
I got this working. I was setting up a new MiSTER build using the keyboard. Mapping the "Service" button using the keyboard did not work. However mapping it using a controller worked.

I am wondering why the button is called service ?

On JAMMA we have the following connections:

Pin R : SERVICE SWITCH, Adds a coin to the game but does not increment the coin counter.
Pin 15: TEST SWITCH, Enters the Test/Setup menu.

It's called Service as a tech uses it to give credits to customers from coin or game issues, or adding credits to troubleshoot game issues.

It bypasses the coin counters so it doesn't mess up audits. A properly run arcade will do weekly counts for accounting and auditing loss prevention methods. It also shows how well a machine is performing.

Many later pcbs and arcade systems (1992ish+) featured full bookkeeping within the Test menu as well. The service switch also bypasses that internal count. Without a Service switch, auditing would be impossible.

Hope that answers your question @rtw

Or was the point here that the test button is incorrectly labeled as service?
This is a source of confusion all the time. I have a bunch of cabs and I even mess it up because frankly I just reach for the button in the dark usually and don't think about the name. I think the naming just feels backwards to people and they say the wrong thing and then it goes uncorrected.

Any of you guys try out the batrider beta core? I'm not able to map my controls with the mistercade, wondering if it's a problem with my setup.

Nevermind, figured it out!

Last edited:
Super Attract Mode is looking pretty hot to prevent burn-in with your Mister, anyone give this a whirl on their arcade cab yet?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JjnyI-iYgc
I don't have MiSTer in my cabinet but I do have Super Attract Mode installed/setup.

It gave me a little trouble on one of my setups; it would not change games after launching the first game.

I believe the solution was to modify the ini to remove any cores that are are not present that MiSTer.

I like SAM a lot. I have wanted something like it for a while.

I always enjoyed recalbox attract mode and the MVS 161 in 1 PICKnMIX attract mode.

I'm finding interest in some games I didn't know about.

Back