What's new
Hello together
I hope you can help me I'm going crazy :(
Mistercade works perfectly via HDMI on the TV with a USB Pad. As soon as I connect it to the JAMMA on my cabinet, it looks like the button 2 is pressed all the time. So it always switches back and forth in the menu. If I hold button 2+3+4, I can navigate normally in the Mister menu and also start a game. As soon as I'm in the game it's exactly the same, button 2 is always pressed although I don't touch anything...

I have a Royal Video Special cabinet

PLEASE HELP ME :(

Best Regards

Chris

Nothing obvious comes to mind. Try swapping the wire for P1B2 with P2B2 and see if it follows. Maybe troubleshoot the wiring with a multimeter to check for shorts, etc. MiSTercade uses 3.3V logic for the microcontroller inputs so it'll be more sensitive to faulty wiring than a standard 5V arcade PCB would be. :)

I’ve put mine into my Astro City. It works great except that coin counter didn’t work. But MiSTer see it as another button and can be mapped. (Which I don’t want to map it on every single core). I’ve tried update firmware and checked if cc dip switch has been enabled and it didn’t help.

I’ve put mine into my Astro City. It works great except that coin counter didn’t work. But MiSTer see it as another button and can be mapped. (Which I don’t want to map it on every single core). I’ve tried update firmware and checked if cc dip switch has been enabled and it didn’t help.
The coin counter will only work on cabinets with 5V coin counters, not 12V coin counters. It works on some of mine but not others and I'm not concerned enough to re-wire the 12V counters to work on 5V.

Not a big deal, but I've noticed on some of the cps2 games, like Progear for example, the default buttons are mapped [B3] [B2] [B1] instead of [B1] [B2] [B3].

Also, maybe this is a general mister question, but is it possible to map two physical buttons to one game button and assign autofire to one of them. For example:
[B1] [B2] [B1 with autofire]

This would be really convenient in a lot of shooters, for example, 1941, Zero Wing, Truxton, etc. This allows you to use autofire but still have the ability to use a charged shot or some laser-type shots you're supposed to hold instead of tap fire.

Not a big deal, but I've noticed on some of the cps2 games, like Progear for example, the default buttons are mapped [B3] [B2] [B1] instead of [B1] [B2] [B3].

Also, maybe this is a general mister question, but is it possible to map two physical buttons to one game button and assign autofire to one of them. For example:
[B1] [B2] [B1 with autofire]

This would be really convenient in a lot of shooters, for example, 1941, Zero Wing, Truxton, etc. This allows you to use autofire but still have the ability to use a charged shot or some laser-type shots you're supposed to hold instead of tap fire.
Can you come up with a list of the mappings that need corrected? The correct mapping should be shot, bomb, auto fire, right?

Yes, you can map separate physical buttons to the same virtual button. I’m happy to update some mappings if you can send me a list. To do it yourself, map the two buttons like normal then choose “Yes” at the prompt before you finish. Skip up, down, left, right, then map button 3 as shot. Then you’ll want to set each game’s button 1 as auto fire when you start :)

Can you come up with a list of the mappings that need corrected? The correct mapping should be shot, bomb, auto fire, right?

It's CPS2 games that I noticed some strange mappings. These are what I noticed by going into the service menu and checking the inputs:

Buttons 1 and 3 switched:
progear
alien vs predator
dimahoo

D&D Shadow over Mystara is a funny one where B3 is mapped to B4.

These CPS2 are all mapped OK:
19XX
D&D: Tower of Doom
Gigawing
Battle Circuit

Yes, you can map separate physical buttons to the same virtual button. I’m happy to update some mappings if you can send me a list. To do it yourself, map the two buttons like normal then choose “Yes” at the prompt before you finish. Skip up, down, left, right, then map button 3 as shot. Then you’ll want to set each game’s button 1 as auto fire when you start :)
Thanks for the explanation. Here's a short list, I can add more when I get some more time to test: Zero Wing, Truxton, 1941, 1944, 19XX

Does anyone have the remote unit? Any plans for a 3D printed case or something similar? Would be nice to be able to mount this board to the cabinet somewhere for easy and secure access.

It's CPS2 games that I noticed some strange mappings. These are what I noticed by going into the service menu and checking the inputs:

Buttons 1 and 3 switched:
progear
alien vs predator
dimahoo

D&D Shadow over Mystara is a funny one where B3 is mapped to B4.

These CPS2 are all mapped OK:
19XX
D&D: Tower of Doom
Gigawing
Battle Circuit

Thanks for the explanation. Here's a short list, I can add more when I get some more time to test: Zero Wing, Truxton, 1941, 1944, 19XX
I definitely remember disliking the default Alien vs Predator mapping (Shoot,Attack,Jump/Dash) so maybe that explains why I swapped buttons. My preference is always Attack, Jump, Special. I'll check Progear and Dimahoo.
Does anyone have the remote unit? Any plans for a 3D printed case or something similar? Would be nice to be able to mount this board to the cabinet somewhere for easy and secure access.
I'm having metal cases made - sample just shipped. I also welcome any 3D printed designs. :)

Attachments

• unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 134
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 132
I definitely remember disliking the default Alien vs Predator mapping (Shoot,Attack,Jump/Dash) so maybe that explains why I swapped buttons. My preference is always Attack, Jump, Special. I'll check Progear and Dimahoo.

I'm having metal cases made - sample just shipped. I also welcome any 3D printed designs. :)
Looking forward to this! It kinda just sits in the cp atm
D24FB17D-CF93-4954-AF50-F746445BFBC3.jpeg

Back