What's new
While I wait to get a candy cab and for the MiSTercade to be back in stock I have a few questions.

Can you output video to both the cabinet and a modern screen over HDMI at the same time? I'm pretty sure you can but want to be sure before I start making plans for the gaming space.

Can you connect a USB or wireless controller? I'm not sure how that would interact with the control panel inputs.

I know MiSTer Addons is working on an impressive and inexpensive versus board, but can two cabinets with their own MiSTercades be linked for versus? I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get both and some sort of JAMMA switcher.

While I wait to get a candy cab and for the MiSTercade to be back in stock I have a few questions.

Can you output video to both the cabinet and a modern screen over HDMI at the same time? I'm pretty sure you can but want to be sure before I start making plans for the gaming space.
Yes
Can you connect a USB or wireless controller? I'm not sure how that would interact with the control panel inputs.
Yes, easy to hook up a USB controller or use BT if you want. You need to map each controller for each game of course, but MiSTer assigns players based on the order you press a button after the game has started.
I know MiSTer Addons is working on an impressive and inexpensive versus board, but can two cabinets with their own MiSTercades be linked for versus? I guess it wouldn't be too hard to get both and some sort of JAMMA switcher.
Sure, but you have to figure out controls. Video and audio are already available on MiSTercade via VGA and RCA/3.5mm respectively. I wouldn't really think this would be ideal but it's worth a shot. I'll see if I can play around with it as time permits.

Do we have an ETA for more MisterCades? would like to buy my 4th one :D. This one is going into the Egret II

Yep, making a few small revisions, hoping to continually refine things with each release. No new features. Prototypes due next week, then hopefully next batch in November/December :)

I can't leave well enough alone with VS and am giving it one last attempt at daisy chaining the VS together.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 3.33.12 PM.png

Yep, making a few small revisions, hoping to continually refine things with each release. No new features. Prototypes due next week, then hopefully next batch in November/December :)

I can't leave well enough alone with VS and am giving it one last attempt at daisy chaining the VS together.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 3.33.12 PM.png
Making me want to upgrade my other ones lol.

Hey, I have this issue with psx core and my MiSTercade where I can't get any games to recognize the start button. I've tried different pad types and it worked fine with a real dualshock 3 before I MiSTercaded it up.
Is there a trick to this? Specifically Blitz and Diablo won't let me past the main screen. Other buttons seem to work.

Ran into an odd issue last night. Ran the update_all script and afterwards I noticed that instead of booting to the last core (with a 30 second timer), the Mister just boots instantly to the last core. I double-checked the INI file and the settings are still set properly, but no matter what I change it won't autoboot with a timer, just instantly. So strange. Not sure what would cause that. I even tried using the most recent INI file, but the Mister seems to ignore the timer setting completely.

If I can't get this to work, I might just try reinstalling everything. Hopefully that fixes it, worst case.

Anyone else experience this?

Hey, I have this issue with psx core and my MiSTercade where I can't get any games to recognize the start button. I've tried different pad types and it worked fine with a real dualshock 3 before I MiSTercaded it up.
Is there a trick to this? Specifically Blitz and Diablo won't let me past the main screen. Other buttons seem to work.
Have you tried remapping the buttons in the PSX core? If they register when you map them, they should register in game. I haven't seen buttons not work in individual cores. They either work or they don't, so start with a remap :)
Ran into an odd issue last night. Ran the update_all script and afterwards I noticed that instead of booting to the last core (with a 30 second timer), the Mister just boots instantly to the last core. I double-checked the INI file and the settings are still set properly, but no matter what I change it won't autoboot with a timer, just instantly. So strange. Not sure what would cause that. I even tried using the most recent INI file, but the Mister seems to ignore the timer setting completely.

If I can't get this to work, I might just try reinstalling everything. Hopefully that fixes it, worst case.

Make sure you don't have an alternative INI loaded. Bring up the menu, press left, and you'll see "Main Alt1 Alt2 Alt3". Make sure Main is highlighted.

Have you tried remapping the buttons in the PSX core? If they register when you map them, they should register in game. I haven't seen buttons not work in individual cores. They either work or they don't, so start with a remap :)

Make sure you don't have an alternative INI loaded. Bring up the menu, press left, and you'll see "Main Alt1 Alt2 Alt3". Make sure Main is highlighted.

Just checked. Main is selected and the others aren't even selectable. Guess I'll try reinstalling everything from scratch. Hopefully that takes care of it. Weird.

I

I have tried that. I wonder if it's something to do with my menu combo being p1start+triangle.
I have 6 buttons so when I'm remapping I skip r2,L2, select, etc by pressing the menu combo and maybe it's registering p1start for one of those I'm trying to skip.. I could have sworn I did this already but I'll try using a keyboard to skip them.

I’m experiencing the same issue. I wrote this post on the MiSTer official forums. Looks like it’s a bug that will be fixed on the next release, but you can try the unstable one (I haven’t)

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?t=5523

I’m experiencing the same issue. I wrote this post on the MiSTer official forums. Looks like it’s a bug that will be fixed on the next release, but you can try the unstable one (I haven’t)

https://misterfpga.org/viewtopic.php?t=5523

Ah good to know. I'm in the midst of reinstalling everything so I guess I'll just not use the lastcore/timer until the next release and manually boot a core upon powerup for now.

Back