What's new
Well I figured out I needed to disconnect the connector for jamma video under the monitor bezel then both 15khz and 31khz inis looked good and not washed out. Is there any disadvantage to having video go through the VGA cable in a Blast City v the jamma connector?

No.

Hello there... just received my Mistercade and going thru the setuo... but facing 1 tecnical issue... My Mistercade does not start/power up :( I have a Neogeo PSU DC 5V 2.5A... So my question is: Is 2.5A enough to boot the Mistercade... the fan does not start / none of the leds also light up. I have even removed the USB key for my remote keyboard and the HDMI cable to try starting with the strict minimum of load... I check the pin on the de10-nano where the DC 5V comes and I can properly read 5V coming in on the de10-nano board... any thoughts? ps: i does not smell anythin hot or weird... so I am thinking only not enough current to even start anything?

Hello there... just received my Mistercade and going thru the setuo... but facing 1 tecnical issue... My Mistercade does not start/power up :( I have a Neogeo PSU DC 5V 2.5A... So my question is: Is 2.5A enough to boot the Mistercade... the fan does not start / none of the leds also light up. I have even removed the USB key for my remote keyboard and the HDMI cable to try starting with the strict minimum of load... I check the pin on the de10-nano where the DC 5V comes and I can properly read 5V coming in on the de10-nano board... any thoughts? ps: i does not smell anythin hot or weird... so I am thinking only not enough current to even start anything?
Hello @ShootTheCore any return on experience that can confirm that the fact that my psu can only draw at max 2.5A is the root cause of the fact that my mistercade does not even boot up? online, on amazon, I can get either a 4A or 6A (5V obviously)... should I go with 4A or 6A straight? this is for the initial configuration process and possibly to play at home on my hdmi plasma tv cheers eric

Hello @ShootTheCore any return on experience that can confirm that the fact that my psu can only draw at max 2.5A is the root cause of the fact that my mistercade does not even boot up? online, on amazon, I can get either a 4A or 6A (5V obviously)... should I go with 4A or 6A straight? this is for the initial configuration process and possibly to play at home on my hdmi plasma tv cheers eric
I’m assuming you’re running the mistercade outside of a cabinet while providing 5v. Please do not use a jamma connection and 5v at the same time.

2.5A is plenty. I run my MiSTer (with the mistercade hat attached) on my HDMI tv all the time using the de-10 nano PSU, which I believe is only 2A. I would double check that pins are properly seated and not bent.

I’m assuming you’re running the mistercade outside of a cabinet while providing 5v. Please do not use a jamma connection and 5v at the same time.

2.5A is plenty. I run my MiSTer (with the mistercade hat attached) on my HDMI tv all the time using the de-10 nano PSU, which I believe is only 2A. I would double check that pins are properly seated and not bent.
Mummm... that is correct this is to run outside of the cabinet... let me unmount and remount completely the mistercade then... that is very odd... since it was mounted by misteraddon.com and pre tested... good intel though what you gave me...

Ok found the problem (even I have yet to try with a proper PSU) but the 5V 2.5A PSU from the neogeo has the polarity inverted to what is required: positive oustide and ground inside while we want the positibe inside... what a dumbass that I am :) cant wait to receive from amazon my new proper psu :)

G
Ok found the problem (even I have yet to try with a proper PSU) but the 5V 2.5A PSU from the neogeo has the polarity inverted to what is required: positive oustide and ground inside while we want the positibe inside... what a dumbass that I am :) cant wait to receive from amazon my new proper psu :)
Glad to hear. @misteraddons does sell a PSU on his site which I’d highly recommend. Plenty of amperage and stable voltage under load. https://misteraddons.com/products/5v-5a-dc-power-supply?_pos=1&_psq=pow&_ss=e&_v=1.0

My many arcade game not load. Just run update_all script for 2 time but nothing change.

Attachments

• IMG_8993.jpeg
    IMG_8993.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 41
I ordered a jammix yesterday, i own 2 mistercades. The mistercades are awesome - but they have a few problems with controls that most people won't even notice. For example pressing back <- on a p1 controller with mistercade tends to do a double tap. I first thought it was just my wiring in my machine, but 2 mistercades and multiple machines.. it's something with the mistercades..

I ordered a jammix yesterday, i own 2 mistercades. The mistercades are awesome - but they have a few problems with controls that most people won't even notice. For example pressing back <- on a p1 controller with mistercade tends to do a double tap. I first thought it was just my wiring in my machine, but 2 mistercades and multiple machines.. it's something with the mistercades..

That‘s strange - I’ve never had that double-tap thing happen with my MiSTercades. What do you think @misteraddons ? Something with grounds perhaps?

That‘s strange - I’ve never had that double-tap thing happen with my MiSTercades. What do you think @misteraddons ? Something with grounds perhaps?
I have never noticed anything like this in games or the Mister menu. However, both of my mistercades have issues with moving up/down in the UpdateAll script as well as the Favorites one, it usually jumps the elements in a list two by two instead of one by one. Is this something that happens to others? I’ve always assumed it was something to do with arcade joysticks in general 🤷‍♂️

It can be hard to notice it because most circumstances it doesn't do anything, but for example in street fighter 2 if you are playing as vega he will do the backflip evade a lot and in golden axe when moving your character to the left they will sometimes run, which you usually have to initiate a double tap for.

Back