What's new
Finally got my mistercade up and running - what a great addition :)

I am sorry if I missed this but what is the best way to have the vertical games rotate and work on my horizontal monitor?

The sync voltage is 3V. When booting MiSTercade there's a few seconds before vertical sync is established (rolling vertical image), but I haven't seen shaking. Perhaps you can check your horizontal and vertical sync hold? I also really love the look of Sega Swing cabinets
Thank you for reply. I have check the voltage of the sync. It is around 0.07V. I also check the voltage of red, green, blue all of them is around 0.07V. How do I check horizontal and vertical sync hold?

Finally got my mistercade up and running - what a great addition :)

I am sorry if I missed this but what is the best way to have the vertical games rotate and work on my horizontal monitor?

It won’t fit the display properly unless you’re using an HDMI monitor and higher resolution than the 15 kHz / 31 kHz output that CRT cabs use. If you are then enable the vga_scaler in the MiSTer.ini file and then the core-specific rotation options will work.

Honestly I think the best thing to do is to liken your MiSTercade to an actual arcade PCB. That's how I view mine anyway.

So if you want to play a vertical game properly on your CRT cabinet you'll need to rotate your monitor, like with a real PCB.

Best solution? Two cabinets! :)

Thank you for reply. I have check the voltage of the sync. It is around 0.07V. I also check the voltage of red, green, blue all of them is around 0.07V. How do I check horizontal and vertical sync hold?
If you see a rolling image, it means that composite sync (hsync + vsync) isn't properly enabled. If you see a slowly rolling image, adjust your monitor's vertical sync hold knob.

I’ve already posted details in the projects thread but just a quick couple of pics here to show a use case for the @misteraddons admin board. I repurposed a versus city board by adding extra button holes. The admin board supports menu (OSD), pause, core reset and reset. They’re the 24mm buttons on the top. Then using the available player two buttons (as it’s a one player panel) I am able to assign P1 start, coin and P2 start on the bottom three 24mm buttons. It’s really easy to use when setup. I also have a remote board on another machine which is great, but the admin board is a very tidy solution if you don’t mind making a custom panel which might be too jarring for some peoples OCD. I also wired in a headphone jack to the panel that goes into the Mistercade. When you plug in headphones the Blast City audio cuts out by about 95% and the stereo and more modern games with decent audio sound great. My only suggestion for @misteraddons would be to make v2 with a coin terminal as well and if possible a few spare terminals. I guess it doesn’t really matter on a one player panel - especially if you have a kick harness connected to the Mistercade - as you can take quite a few buttons to assign from that.
IMG_8254.jpeg
IMG_8145.jpeg
IMG_8449.jpeg
IMG_8441.jpeg
IMG_8451.jpeg

Last edited:
I've been having a problem where the MP button on the player 2 side randomly inputs on it's own. I thought it might be a problem with the wiring in my cab but after testing it with a Naomi I can say for sure it's a problem with the MiSTercade. Has anyone else had this problem?

I've been having a problem where the MP button on the player 2 side randomly inputs on it's own. I thought it might be a problem with the wiring in my cab but after testing it with a Naomi I can say for sure it's a problem with the MiSTercade. Has anyone else had this problem?
A few people have so I'm tracking the problem. Give me a few days to investigate :)

Anybody in this group have any idea when the next batch of MiSTerCades are coming out? Been waiting for a while it seems … 🤷🏻‍♂️

Having a bizarre issue with mistercade where I’m losing audio on the left speaker. After a couple of minutes. Anyone have guidance on what may be going on?
  • I’m running mistercade in a New Astro City with a NVS-4000 PSU which includes a stereo amp.
  • I isolated the issue to the mistercade as I tested a Naomi and CPS2 which both worked well in stereo.
  • I tested with AMP STBY on and off—same result.

I ended up sending my MiSTercade set up to MiSTer Addons after contacting him about my MP button problem. He said he was unable to reproduce the issue and said it's likely a problem with my cab, but I know it can't be. I had the same problem when I hooked it up to my Blast so it's not exclusive to my Versus, and other boards run in both cabs just fine. I don't know what to do now lol. It's not the worst issue in the world but it's definitely annoying when my friend beats me in Darkstalkers because I couldn't stop whiffing medium punch.

He said he was unable to reproduce the issue and said it's likely a problem with my cab, but I know it can't be. I had the same problem when I hooked it up to my Blast so it's not exclusive to my Versus, and other boards run in both cabs just fine.
Did he test with your MiSTer SD card, or his?

Having a bizarre issue with mistercade where I’m losing audio on the left speaker. After a couple of minutes. Anyone have guidance on what may be going on?
  • I’m running mistercade in a New Astro City with a NVS-4000 PSU which includes a stereo amp.
  • I isolated the issue to the mistercade as I tested a Naomi and CPS2 which both worked well in stereo.

You did a great job troubleshooting - I don't have anything further to suggest. Changing behavior over time usually indicates a capactor issue in my experience, or perhaps a loose solder joint. Reach out to @misteraddons through the contact form on his website and see if he'll swap you out.

You did a great job troubleshooting - I don't have anything further to suggest. Changing behavior over time usually indicates a capactor issue in my experience, or perhaps a loose solder joint. Reach out to @misteraddons through the contact form on his website and see if he'll swap you out.
Thanks for the response. I’ll take a closer look at the hardware and reach out to Pork if I can’t figure it out.

Have you tried using the RCA out to any other sort of speaker setup to rule out everything cab related?

Have you tried using the RCA out to any other sort of speaker setup to rule out everything cab related?
Great idea

I went to do some testing but noticed that the mistercade wasn’t losing sound in the left speaker any longer. I ran the update all script and maybe that had something to do with it?

I’ll run Knights of the Round for a while longer and see if it holds.

Thanks for the advice

Anyone getting double input type movements with the Cave cores? It’s not all the time but it happens every so often and is noticeable. Either I get like a double movement with a latency type effect left, right or moving up. It doesn’t happen with any other cores or PCBs…. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone getting double input type movements with the Cave cores? It’s not all the time but it happens every so often and is noticeable. Either I get like a double movement with a latency type effect left, right or moving up. It doesn’t happen with any other cores or PCBs…. 🤷‍♂️

I haven't noticed it in Cave (because i haven't been playing cave games), but there are a few double input issues Misteraddons was looking into. For me it's pressing left on player 1 sometimes double inputs, so it makes vega backflip in SF2 and makes my characters sometimes run in golden axe (since you double tap to run). It can be annoying in SF2 trying to do charge moves and you get a double tap.

Also i'll just add i've actually got 2 Mistercades and they both do the same thing, it doesn't happen when i use original boards though, and the same behavior doesn't happen in a different machine, so it's for sure a strange issue.

Back