What's new
For Sale
Hey @hans_stockmann - the Naomi outputs stereo line level out of the RCA ports. If they’re not outputting anything there’s an issue with your Naomi.

Re: the Naomi. Is this the first time you’ve given it a run. What are your 5v and 3.3v measuring at?

Re: the IONA. Can you try another USB-C cable and 5v power source?

Also re: the issues, can you report them to GitHub or contacted Toyoshim for help?

Hi! :)

I managed to get it working with JVS to Jamma from River service eventually.

I tried with Tekken Namco System 11 and Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 PS3

The problem is that I can't map the change of the kick button, which is on the L1 button :S

I managed to make Tekken 3 Namco System 12 work
But it has to go around the initialize I/O at least 10 times before it succeeds.

But once you enter the bios of the game, and you come out of the menu, it doesn't work anymore, he lost track.

Otherwise Direct crash black screen with Ergheiz Namco System 12

Can we install a small screen on this PCB ? ;(

Ok, I guess it's not the Hori thing :)

What IONA and FW do you have on yours?

FWIW, I’ve said it many times but I’ll say it again.

Any controllers that anyone wants added, its a simple message to Toyoshim to address the issue.

Am unsure why people are trying all these controllers and sticks expecting them to magically work when it’s explicitly stated what is (actually) supported. Not going to plug a Switch pad into a PS3 and expect it to work. Assume the same for sanity’s sake.

I've read through this thread and the manual/website multiples times, but have never seen anything about devices being explicitly listed, can you please link me where it says what devices are supported as I've definitely missed it?

I've only seen a generic statement of "It’s expected to support all controllers for Xbox 360 and One serices, and many controllers for PS4. Also, some controllers for PS3 and Switch will be available"

Pascal reports his HRAP3 works perfectly fine while chacal231077 is showing the same behaviour as my fightstick so there's definitely something going on - it might be user error or it might be a config error. Whilst I've never expected any of the sticks I had to work out of the box, the fact that they're recognised means there's a level of compatibility. This thread is supposed to be a trouble shooting thread isn't it? People posting experiences is a good way to help each other troubleshoot.

The process for submitting an unsupported device is convoluted and hasn't worked on the three sticks I have tried 3x different computers and not one shows the "controller information" that's being requested. I really don't think I'm an idiot but this device really makes me feel like one.

For the record, I've reached out to the developer and have been suggested to try a different power source/cable. This has already been tried, but I've suggested to the developer I will try and source the 5v directly from the psu or Naomi so I know it's a clean 5v. I just need to find another pinout as cn8 is already being used.

Last edited:
I've read through this thread and the manual/website multiples times, but have never seen anything about devices being explicitly listed, can you please link me where it says what devices are supported as I've definitely missed it?

I've only seen a generic statement of "It’s expected to support all controllers for Xbox 360 and One serices, and many controllers for PS4. Also, some controllers for PS3 and Switch will be available"

Pascal reports his HRAP3 works perfectly fine while chacal231077 is showing the same behaviour as my fightstick so there's definitely something going on - it might be user error or it might be a config error. While I've never expected any of the sticks I had to work out of the box, the fact that they're recognised means there's a level of compatibility. This thread is supposed to be a trouble shooting thread isn't it? People posting experiences is a good way to help each other troubleshoot.

The process for submitting an unsupported device is convoluted and hasn't worked on the three sticks I have tried 3x different computers and not one shows the "controller information" that's being requested. I really don't think I'm an idiot but this device really makes me feel like one.

For the record, I've reached out to the developer and have been suggested to try a different power source/cable. This has already been tried, but I've suggested to the developer I will try and source the 5v directly from the psu or Naomi so I know it's a clean 5v. I just need to find another pinout as cn8 is already being used.

To add to that, where X360 and PS4 should work out ot the box, I can't get any OEM controller to work, just the HRAP 3 works for me ;)

To add to that, where X360 and PS4 should work out ot the box, I can't get any OEM controller to work, just the HRAP 3 works for me ;)
Don't forget my custom stick works as well, with the McCtulhu board in it. Those were the only 2 controllers we could get working. Besides the Guncon 3, which somewhat worked as well.

Don't forget my custom stick works as well, with the McCtulhu board in it. Those were the only 2 controllers we could get working. Besides the Guncon 3, which somewhat worked as well.
Correct :)
Ah yes and the Guncon 3 that worked 'somewhat' indeed with just 1 button, but I think we need to test the Guncon on a PS3 to see if the non-working buttons are isoldated to the gun or to the IONA ;)

What behaviours did you guys get for the other controllers you tried?

Can you please also advise what controllers you tried?

What behaviours did you guys get for the other controllers you tried?

Can you please also advise what controllers you tried?
We tried:

- Xbox One controller with dongle
- Xbox One controller with USB cable
- Xbox 360 controller with dongle
- Xbox 360 controller with play & charge cable
- PS4 controller with USB cable
- Switch Pro controller with USB cable
- Wii U controller with USB cable

None of those worked for us.

Last edited:
We tried:

- Xbox One controller with dongle
- Xbox One controller with USB cable
- Xbox 360 controller with dongle
- Xbox 360 controller with play & charge cable
- PS4 controller with USB cable

None of those worked for us.
They just kept blinking/syncing

Same btw with Switch Pro and Wii U Pro controllers via USB cable (OEM Nintendo controllers)

And when we plugged one of the controllers in (either as Input #1 or Input #2) they working stick like the HRAP3 stopped working until we unplugged the other (non-working) controllers.

You answered the question ^ yourself :). But the post wasn’t directly addressed at you either.

I think a wired Xbox 360 controller is the best place to start. If I had to hedge a bet, there’s some variants of Naomi not compatible and that’s throwing the controllers out of wack. Either that or IONA is very specific on the 5v being exact.

Agreed this is a great discussion and also the troubleshooting thread, but only useful if the results get pushed to Toyoshim directly also as he doesn’t visit the forums.

I think diving into the device with a bunch of controllers and trying to see if they work prior to strictly sticking to the ones mentioned in the “generic statement” and saying these others “don’t” before sending Toyoshim the info is a bit of a moot point.

Also worth sending him info on things like the HRAP3 consistently working so he can diagnose why that’s the case.

Pages of forum posts with troubleshooting and “it doesn’t work with x + y variables” messages with hardly any GitHub submissions kinda stifles the community aspect of improving the product and puts it at a halt.

Have there been any discussions about it on the Discords you’re a member of? Would be good to cut and paste that info and move it onto the relevant parties too ;)

And when we plugged one of the controllers in (either as Input #1 or Input #2) they working stick like the HRAP3 stopped working until we unplugged the other (non-working) controllers.
Sounds like an issue with power. I know it’s silly but did you try removing the batteries from the controllers when using the plug and charge cable?

Back