What's new
Wanted to post a quick update on my MultiJVS setup. I created a harness that allows me to power the RaspberryPi AND MultiJVS from the CN12 5V header on the NAOMI. The RPi pulls 250mA while at idle, (340mA when sending a game) and the MultiJVS pulls 80mA at idle and 85mA during button presses so it should be fine long-term. I'm running a PS1 / DB15 adapter off the MultiJVS. Other than portable arcade sticks, I don't yet have other IO to test but that's coming 😉

Overall, I am really happy with the MultiJVS as it really simplifies my supergun-like setup.

Attachments

• IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2969.jpg
    245 KB · Views: 169
I found a Crazy Taxi upright in good condition that I'm picking up this week. Being new to JVS, what options would MultiJVS give me for playing other racing games in that cabinet, particularly OutRun 2, and SCUD racing. Idk if there are enough inputs, force feedback, etc. Thanks!

It can help you run other JVS driving games on the cab, like F-Zero, Jambo Safari, OutRun 2 and (I believe) Wangan Midnight. For instance Crazy Taxi and Jambo have different pinouts for the shifter, like I detailed here:

https://www.arcade-projects.com/thr...mbo-safari-gti-club-2.6133/page-2#post-314637

Instead of pulling and reinserting pins, you can just reassign the inputs for the IO on the fly.

It won't help you with Scud Race / Super GT (as it's not JVS) or any game that needs extra hardware (like technically F-Zero does, but there's a hacked rom of that).

Im trying to update the firmware and I've followed the directions. Ran everything with administrator and I get this error everytime. COM1 is my only COM port.

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

MEGA_JVS:53:10: fatal error: Bounce2.h: No such file or directory

#include <Bounce2.h>

^~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Bounce2.h: No such file or directory

Last edited:
I forgot i bought one of these as soon as they came out. I think I opened the box. I need to get around to using it. I have an 18 wheeler and seems like I can set the profile to play crazy taxi also, etc.

Im trying to update the firmware and I've followed the directions. Ran everything with administrator and I get this error everytime. COM1 is my only COM port.

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

MEGA_JVS:53:10: fatal error: Bounce2.h: No such file or directory

#include <Bounce2.h>

^~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Bounce2.h: No such file or directory
I think I installed bounce2 using the Arduino extensions “store” (or whatever they call it in the software). I believe alternatively it can be downloaded and installed manually. I think Kikaso gave info on the process in an earlier post in the thread.

I found it after like, 2 seconds of searching. thank you. of course it was only a single page back.
I needed to update the firmware on the MultiJVS to V1.2.7.

1. Download and install Arduino IDE
  2. Download Bounce2 and place file in 'libraries' folder of Arduino IDE folder you just installed via 'File Explorer'
  3. Under 'Tools' menu of Arduino IDE application, go to 'Manage libraries...' and install "U8glib" (there's a search box so you don't have to scroll)
  4. Under 'Tools' menu, make sure 'Arduino Mega 2560' is selected under 'Board' and 'Processor'
  5. Back in Arduino IDE, go to 'Open' (control-O keyboard shortcut) and navigate to "Mega_JVS.ino within "MEGA_JVS" folder which can be downloaded at @winteriscoming github here
  6. Hit 'Upload' in Arduino IDE and wait for progress to finish
  7. When asked to select serial port, select COM port where your MultiJVS is connected via micro USB cable—this can be found by right-clicking the 'start menu' going to 'Device Manager' then finding the MultJVS under 'Ports'
  8. Once the firmware is updated, disconnect your MultiJVS and mount your MicroSD card.
  9. On the root of your SD card, dump the contents of the folder 'SD Card Contents' to the root of your SD card—this is what you downloaded from @winteriscoming github above.
Big thanks to @Darksoft @winteriscoming @Mitsurugi-w for the great hardware and software and to @hyp36rmax for walking me through the firmware update.

EDIT: Some very helpful notes and clarifications from @clintkolodziej for those folks like me who are more comfortable around hardware as opposed to software 😅
  • Arruino IDE can be downloaded from the Windows Store instead of downloading direct from link above. This ensures the software updates automatically through the store.
  • Bounce2 can be installed from Manage Libraries the same way as U8glib
  • On winteriscoming's github, you can download the respository files by clicking the green "Code" button and choose "Download as ZIP" from the menu
  • Connect the multiJVS to your computer by plugging a MicroUSB cable into the "PROG" port on the board. There is no need to power it separately, it will draw power from the USB connection
  • Open the Device Manager and expand the "Ports" section. The MultiJVS will show up as a "USB Serial Port (COMx)". If you are unsure which port is the correct one then unplug the multiJVS, note which ports are shown, then reconnect it and you can identify which COM port is the new device.
  • During the firmware upload to the MultiJVS COM port an orange LED on the board will flash
  • Eject the SD card from your computer by right clicking on the SD card drive and choosing "Eject" and insert it into the SD card slot on the MultiJVS

Sorry, I don't have capacity to dig into this currently.

The game may be looking at reported features as well as the id string.

I have not found an N2 and wmmt3/dx/dx+ to be at all picky about what JVS board is plugged in. I wonder what the ES3 is doing differently.

Best course of action might be to see a log sniffed from the stock Namco JVS board compared to a log from the multi JVS to see where the breakdown is.

Unfortunately, adding debugging output directly from the multi JVS introduces more time spent replying to commands while printing the debug output.
Any update on this? It has been half a year :(

Ok guys. I'm gathering the parts to finally do this run but I need to know generally how many units I need to manufacture. Also since it is my first time collecting parts I might doa presale for this batch. Please express interest in how many units you want. I will be doing these by hand so I want to make sure it is worthwhile. Sound off!

Ok guys. I'm gathering the parts to finally do this run but I need to know generally how many units I need to manufacture. Also since it is my first time collecting parts I might doa presale for this batch. Please express interest in how many units you want. I will be doing these by hand so I want to make sure it is worthwhile. Sound off!
I'm looking for two; I need to explore options in case of these konami I/Os dying.

Back