What's new
Question, for those with sega driving cabs is it possible to use up/down shifter as sequential instead of namco 6 speed individual position shifter? Specifically would want this to play WMMT 3DX in ID cabs. Would require some magic here but thought I remember that as a function of the mega jvs.

Didn't see in the profile editor screenshot but looks like not a full pic of options.

Thanks!

Question, for those with sega driving cabs is it possible to use up/down shifter as sequential instead of namco 6 speed individual position shifter? Specifically would want this to play WMMT 3DX in ID cabs. Would require some magic here but thought I remember that as a function of the mega jvs.

Didn't see in the profile editor screenshot but looks like not a full pic of options.

Thanks!
I have a similar question. Will this allow Crazy Taxi to work on an Initial D stage 3 cabinet?

That option to use the UP/DOWN as Gear Up/ Down on i.e. ID games is not implemented yet. The good thing is that the code is public and if there is enough demand, this can be implemented.

The MultiJVS as it is now, it allows you to create different profiles for different games and cabinets, so you just press one button to navigate among the profiles and you dont need to rewire anything anymore.

@winteriscoming what do you think?

6 position shifter for WMMT1-3dx+ on an ID1-8 or OR2 cab 2-position shifter is supported in the firmware. IIRC, it's a special feature option in the profile editor... or else it's tied to profile name.

It should allow CT cab to the play the other games, but you'll have to make mapping profiles for it. Of course you'll be lacking FFB. Actually, though, does the CT cab even use this style of I/O by default? If not, you'll have to wire it into this I/O first.

I think he wants to use a cabinet that only has Gear UP/DOWN and emulate 4 gears or 6 gears like some games like InitialD use.

This is my single use case, play WMMT 3DX in an ID cab with six position shifter "emulated". So if it is enabled for use in the current version being released now then that is perfect for me.

Thanks @winteriscoming!

Edit saw response: basically use ID up/down shifter in place of six speed for WMMT. Not something you can remap due to six speed is six individual positions, while ID shifter is only two.

I think he wants to use a cabinet that only has Gear UP/DOWN and emulate 4 gears or 6 gears like some games like InitialD use.
Yes, that's supported, at least for controlling the 6 position shifter used in WMMT. The I/O keeps track of the current gear and changes it accordingly with UP and DOWN. Then it reports the correct inputs being active that WMMT reads as the respective shifter position. This was a major feature I wanted when I only had a OR2 cab and wanted to play WMMT.

Is it ready Mitsurugi video review?

Last edited:
six speed is six individual positions
Just for the sake of posterity, the 6 position shifter on WMMT is comprised of 4 inputs, with some of the gears being a combo of 2 simultaneous inputs. It's not a terribly complex mechanism, but it would be difficult to replicate.

At any rate, my limited testing of the 2-position shifter in place of 6-position in the MEGA JVS firmware made me think it works quite well. Probably one of the few people to have tested it otherwise, and way more than I have, is @rocket if he cares to share any feedback.

Thanks for clearing that up :thumbup: one of these days I would like to get a twin WMMT, but drivers take up tons of room as you know haha so if I can have ID cabs do double duty that is valuable to me.

Just for the sake of posterity, the 6 position shifter on WMMT is comprised of 4 inputs, with some of the gears being a combo of 2 simultaneous inputs. It's not a terribly complex mechanism, but it would be difficult to replicate.
I pulled apart one of them recently:

wmt_6_speed_shifter.jpg

Basically there's photointerrupters (20 in the drawing) for left and right movement, microswitches (21) for up and down. So 1st gear is a combination of left and up, 2nd gear left and down, 3rd gear just up, etc.

will this works for grid / sega rally 3
Since that game use a newer io board from sega

Back