What's new
I just tested some of my MVS boards with my OSSC. It's a v1.6 board with v0.88a firmware. I don't have a splitfire. I used a Jammafier 2.0 in JAMMA mode, which means the signal should be untouched from the game and passed straight through to the VGA connector. I also tested in Tri-sync mode, which afaik is similar to the Splitfire in that it buffers the sync and is intended for 75ohm inputs.

Jamma mode
My MV1FS, 2x MV1B, and MV1C boards all worked without manual profiles. The video was wiggly though and colors are washed out.
PXL_20240217_161431684.jpg

My MV1FZ did not work. It works fine on my CRT JVS cabinets.

Tri-sync mode
Only the MV1B and MV1C worked. The image was better than in Jamma mode too.
MV1FS got sync but had no picture. The MV1FZ got no sync.

I usually just use line2x. Looks good enough for me.

I just tested some of my MVS boards with my OSSC. It's a v1.6 board with v0.88a firmware. I don't have a splitfire. I used a Jammafier 2.0 in JAMMA mode, which means the signal should be untouched from the game and passed straight through to the VGA connector. I also tested in Tri-sync mode, which afaik is similar to the Splitfire in that it buffers the sync and is intended for 75ohm inputs.

Jamma mode
My MV1FS, 2x MV1B, and MV1C boards all worked without manual profiles. The video was wiggly though and colors are washed out.
PXL_20240217_161431684.jpg

My MV1FZ did not work. It works fine on my CRT JVS cabinets.

Tri-sync mode
Only the MV1B and MV1C worked. The image was better than in Jamma mode too.
MV1FS got sync but had no picture. The MV1FZ got no sync.
Thank you for running all the tests.... Unfortunatley the board I have is a MV1FZ... So I guess I'm fucked here...? ANyone got a MV1FZ board working with the splitfire?

Did you try these settings for the MV1FZ?:

Sync OPT. -> H-PLL Post-Coast - 2 lines
Sync OPT. -> Hsync Tolerance - 8.30us

On AV3_RGBS.
Those settings didn't help with the raw sync signal from the FZ. BUT, they did work with the JVS + Regen C mode enabled on the Jammafier.

1080p Line 5x looks pretty great on a 1440p screen. This makes me want to upgrade to the new firmware for line 6x 1440p. The notes about the v1.xx also suggest that sync for arcade boards is improved.
Info here: https://videogameperfection.com/forums/topic/ossc-v1-xx-series-beta-firmware/
Firmware here: http://www.infocult.com/m/ossc/fw/v1-series/

I'll try this out with my HD60s if I can find it and see if it will work.

Searching around, I found people suggesting using an original Xbox One's HDMI passthrough as a sync cleaner. Interesting solution.

Last edited:
Thank you for running all the tests.... Unfortunatley the board I have is a MV1FZ... So I guess I'm fucked here...? ANyone got a MV1FZ board working with the splitfire?
It's still worth trying. It depends on your board.

I usually just use line2x. Looks good enough for me.
I know I'm picky. I just upgraded my gear for Youtube captures to 4K, so that's a no go for me.

Finally got it to work yesterday! The Elgato HD60S did'nt work at all, so I went back to my 10$ capture card. The only thing I changed in the setup was the laptop. I switched from a macbook to a pc. Maybe that was the issue all along? Anyway, thanks everybody that helped out! Now I will be able to have the Live tournament in Neo Turf Masters!

Back