What's new
how does this compare against the bestu betsu in terms of video/sound output? Going to start streaming some games in the new year here.
if i were to put a splitfire capture next to a well calibrated betsu capture you wouldnt be able to tell the difference in video nor audio quality. splitfire connects video via VGA cable while betsu uses a scart cable, and betsu adjusts brightness and color with R,G,B pots while splitfire is fixed color with a single dial for brightness. splitfire just has more ease of use. slap it in, and if its dim or too bright i can turn a knob and im good to go. betsu requires u to calibrate the pots for color, which isnt difficult to and only needs to be done once pretty much, but its more steps. the splitfire cna use any vga cable u cna buy on amazon, in a store, or wherever, but for the betsu u need a special scart cable that follows specific pinout. i have the pinout if you need it. thats pretty much all i can think of difference-wise about betsu vs splitfire as far as video/audio goes

I’m certain I’ve asked this somewhere before, but I can’t find it anywhere and the answer might be useful to others so I’ll ask again…

Can this be used plug and play with an MVS wired cab, or would it require a JAMMA to MVS adapter as a game PCB would?

It’d be pretty sweet to capture my MVS cabs with the full functionality of game select rather than just using a single slot JAMMA MVS

I’m certain I’ve asked this somewhere before, but I can’t find it anywhere and the answer might be useful to others so I’ll ask again…

Can this be used plug and play with an MVS wired cab, or would it require a JAMMA to MVS adapter as a game PCB would?

It’d be pretty sweet to capture my MVS cabs with the full functionality of game select rather than just using a single slot JAMMA MVS
ya it works

Is there a good thread on a decent streaming setup? So far ive gathered an e1s paired with an ossc. What about computer hardware?

Is there a good thread on a decent streaming setup? So far ive gathered an e1s paired with an ossc. What about computer hardware?
datapath e1s and ossc is a pretty solid combo. im not 100% sure what u mean by computer hardware. do u mean what programs to use or are you talking about streaming and capturing computer hardware like a x68k or pc98?

Yeah. Just the base pc rig. Gotta plop in the e1s into how critical is the video card in the pc? Ram, cpu etc

Yeah. Just the base pc rig. Gotta plop in the e1s into how critical is the video card in the pc? Ram, cpu etc
i looked up the minimum requirements for the e1s and it seems there are none. as long as you have a pc capable of streaming and good internet, you will be fine. i run a 1080ti and threadripper 1950x but you could even run something as old as an intel 6700k. im not too well versed in the minimum requirements for a good streaming pc so i think its better someone else give an answer to that question. i think that would be a good seperate thread to start. im sure others interested in streaming arcade hardware would benefit from such a thin

Still rocking my old Splitfire in my "portable" rig. Works like a champ.

48022310863_c113eef873_h.jpg

It's really not made for MVS, in that the audio is set up for JAMMA only. If you were to depopulate the transformer and use the MVS's headphone output for capture that'd work fine.

i looked up the minimum requirements for the e1s and it seems there are none. as long as you have a pc capable of streaming and good internet, you will be fine. i run a 1080ti and threadripper 1950x but you could even run something as old as an intel 6700k. im not too well versed in the minimum requirements for a good streaming pc so i think its better someone else give an answer to that question. i think that would be a good seperate thread to start. im sure others interested in streaming arcade hardware would benefit from such a thin
Just wanted to give a personal benchmark with the Datapath cards on an older rig. I was rocking an E2S on 8GB RAM and i5-6500. Streaming would take up 40-50% CPU usage.

Hi everyone, the Splitfires have just arrived from the factory today and turned out great as expected. I will be processing and shipping orders in the next few days. Please keep an eye out for an email from the shop with your tracking once shipped.

If you missed out on the preorder there are still a few left in stock: https://birdlandarca.de/products/splitfire

Thanks again for all of your support. And also thanks again to @Hatsune Mike for developing such a great product.

Attachments

• PXL_20230411_163542461.jpg
    PXL_20230411_163542461.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 58
Does everyone who runs a splitfire for 15khz games also run it with an OSSC?

OSSC's are sold out (same supply chain issues all this gear runs into) and I'm thinking there's got to be a simpler way to upscale the 15khz content to modern capture cards other than sold out OSSC's or $300 Retrotink's...
What I understand is those options are great for no -lag gaming on modern tv's, but for streaming lag is not really an issue.

OSSC's are sold out (same supply chain issues all this gear runs into) and I'm thinking there's got to be a simpler way to upscale the 15khz content to modern capture cards other than sold out OSSC's or $300 Retrotink's...
What I understand is those options are great for no -lag gaming on modern tv's, but for streaming lag is not really an issue.
you can always do direct capture with a datapath e1s/equivalent, but there may be noise in the video signal with 15khz

maxtherabbit on shmups forum made an inline vga-to-vga adapter with an LPF that you could try

You can build or buy yourself a GBS-C, which should be the cheapest option with reasonable video quality.

I'm glad the Splitfire is shipping soon. There's a good chance I'll make a 3D printed enclosure for this since I've already gone through the trouble with an earlier revision, so updating shouldn't be too difficult.

Back