What's new
No updates on the ODE that would enable HDD support. I have to imagine that is a lot of work as the IDE protocol is very different from the ATAPI protocol. Not even sure if the FPGA has enough space to handle both.

Matt
Is it possible to test the ATAPI protocol and then unify the game format to CHD so that there will be no differentiation?

And CHD has a good advantage of saving disk space, so an 80GB hard drive can accommodate all 2x6 games

Is it possible to test the ATAPI protocol and then unify the game format to CHD so that there will be no differentiation?
You mean like write a translation layer that converts from ATAPI to CHD format? Sounds complicated - but if you are able to - give it a shot!

They haven't been in stock for a while, unfortunately.

That's really too bad. I'm guessing without this one specific product I'm basically out of luck on this project? I've tried searching for an alternative but haven't found anything yet.

Attachments

• 20230819_211257.jpg
    20230819_211257.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 91
I believe hard drive support is in the roadmap, but I can't speak for the devs definitively. This project is related to (but not identical to) ZuluSCSI, and the ZuluSCSI does support HDD images among other formats.

IDE50PIN and IDE44PIN are completely different

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 62
i am interested in this also, if it has HDD image support , currently still use Monks unit

Back