What's new
Very excited about this! Just ordered the boards and will pick up the other parts.... :)

I will have (1) extra after I am done building these - if anyone is interested.
If any more extras become available, I’m interested.

Some games are wanting a memory card inserted - is there a way to have a memory card that works for all games and just leave it inserted?

Some games are wanting a memory card inserted - is there a way to have a memory card that works for all games and just leave it inserted?
Which games are asking for a memory card? The only game I know that will ask for this is soul Calibur 2 but you can skip the check by pressing the start buttons or using SC2DVD0. At the moment there is no solution for the memory card yet

I was thinking this selector setup could also work for Konami M2 and Konami System 573 with some software adjustments.

Last edited:
@BladeZX is the reset switch necessary? I would like to do a set up for cd games but I don’t want to do any modifications to the motherboard.

The wire you need to solder to the motherboard reset is totally necessary because without it it will not hold the system in reset while updating the dongle and disc image

Here is the DVD slot board

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 221
I should get mine tomorrow ... Then I will look for @twistedsymphony and his 3dprinted plate... :)

Edit: Argh - the boards from OSH won't arrive until monday....

I was thinking of having the reset and switch connectors reversed though - just to keep the front a bit tidier.

Last edited:
Hi @BladeZX - i got my boards from OSH today! Woohoo! I am going to start building them.

Quick question - are all the files (.iso for the images and .bin for the security dongle) just put into the root of the thumbdrive?

And - what is the password for the wifi? And last but not least, looks like login to the pi isn't pi:raspberry?

Matt

The dongle files are in the Pi image so leave those alone
The isos u need to put them at the root of a 256gb USB flash drive and plug that into an OTG cable and then into USB0 on the ODE simulator
Plug USB1 on simulator into USB on RPi

the ISO’s I got from the rollup thead

Ok - I have this up and working pretty well! I do sometimes get a blue screen with an error that says:

Boot Program Error
Boot File Is Not Right

if i power cycle the system, it boots up fine generally.

Still going through and testing! I will have (1) of these units assembled though to sell if anyone is interested. I will just charge what the parts were and for shipping.

Matt

Ok - I have this up and working pretty well! I do sometimes get a blue screen with an error that says:

Boot Program Error
Boot File Is Not Right

if i power cycle the system, it boots up fine generally.

Still going through and testing! I will have (1) of these units assembled though to sell if anyone is interested. I will just charge what the parts were and for shipping.

Matt
I’m interested

I may have missed this but does the dvd simulator work for hard drive based games too?

Back