What's new

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
This is a little bit interesting though, here's another original panel with original overlay that i own. It has more of a red line on the second line. Maybe the Mahjong controller overlay above is faded some and the remade artworks are closer to the original. I guess i'll just have to wait until they arrive to compare to my 2 originals. I'm really not that fussed... the reprints are pretty damned close!

cp-after5.jpg

hardyhell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ahh i see. the original has two white lines.i wish i could find someone to print this overlay here for me

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Just got some reproduction panel and overlays in from Alberto.

They are pretty damned nice! They're a gloss finish, compared to the originals which are a matte finish, but damn they look good. It almost looks like glass!

DSC_0072.jpg

mR_CaESaR

Grand Master
Reaction score
Very nice mate!

I'm wanting to get panels from alberto eventually - how much did shipping cost you to get to AU?

hardyhell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
think i will also have to ask @alberto1225 for some panel prices.

there was also a guy from brasil making panels right now? anyone bought from him as well?

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
think i will also have to ask @alberto1225 for some panel prices.

there was also a guy from brasil making panels right now? anyone bought from him as well?
I don't know the other person, but i can vouch for the work on these ones. It's really nice.

I only got these panels as spares. I really wanted to keep the originals on there.... but i think i'll probably swap them out for these new ones... the overlays are just so nice!

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Check the underside of your Exceleena PSU's. They corrode..... Even when they look really nice on top.

bad.jpg

bad2.jpg

djsheep

Multi Boyz Overlord
Legendary
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Looks more "burnt" than "corroded"

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Hy.

Does anyone have the manual of the exceleena 2? Want to find out the pinout towards the speakers. Colours are purple and orange, purple/white and Orange/white. Want to feed stereo from a dedicated amp to the speakers. Thanks

7 Months late, but here you go.

Namco Exceleena 2 manual scan in high quality. @phokkun gets all the credit for this, he found what i was not able to and loaned it to me to scan. I may get around to running this through a translatOr to get a rough english version... maybe. Full manual at the mega link.

https://mega.nz/file/qdg2TTAY#bn4fxBJjYJXzfykPRds6YGibtwpf4ZxWulg2INtK3ds

img426.jpg

Just for future reference if anyone needs it. I'll add the link to the main post as well.

Last edited:

Battlesmurf

Professional
Reaction score
Does anybody need a replacement emblem/marquee bit? (The black and red part that says Namco on it?) for the Blue Exceleena?

hatmoose

Student
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread - I've learned a lot, especially about safety around fibreglass :)

I've just bought this magnificent beauty in New Zealand and will be giving it a minor restore over the next few months.
In very good cosmetic condition all round, not a mark anywhere on the fibreglass which is a miracle, and the beer holders function perfectly

The doors at the bottom have been "gently modified to suit local conditons"
Local conditions are grubby kiwis stealing anything that isnt nailed down
Gently modified is bolting a 3mm steel plate across the whole front. Clearly a simple lock bar would not do. This is hummvee surplus armor plating baby! They have also removed the origional coin entry, coin chute and coin door in favor of the previously mentioned armor plating with a slot milled into it.

The sound is a little scratchy and the monitor has some "snow" in the blacks which strongly suggests bad power, so I'll probably start with the power supply and chip away from there.

Attachments

• IMG_5383.jpg
    IMG_5383.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5373.jpg
    IMG_5373.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5376.jpg
    IMG_5376.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 21

Murray

Grand Master
Reaction score
Your cab looks to be in really nice condition! My blue Exeleena has the regular BAR across all the doors brackets... yours is awesome! That mod to the doors could have been a lot worse, at least it's kinda clean.

Makes me wish i could find another project cab that needs some TLC to restore! I've been looking for another one of these locally but haven't seen any come up for sale for a while now.

Post some pics as you go! Always interesting to see more of these cabs.

hatmoose

Student
Reaction score
Power supply is very beautiful, looks like the date of manufacture is Oct 1994.

chassis.jpg

Looks like the villan in the crackly sound and snowy picture story is C23 which is bulging visibly. C13 is also leaking from the bottom. But being 27 years old they are all getting swapped out anyway.
caps1.jpg caps2.jpg

And some of the resistors are beaten to hell R6, R7 and R8 and R18 and R19 are all looking pretty burnt up - no damage to the bottom of the board
resistors.jpgresitors 2.jpg

I'm debating if I should replace the resistors while I'm in there doign the caps. Unfortunately the markings are burned off some of them. 6 7 and 8 are particuarly hard to read. Does anyone know what the values of these should be?