What's new
Also here’s a pic of the machine after I’d cleaned it up, got the light working, got new marquee, a new chassis and a nice powder coated control panel with new joysticks and buttons. Running Mistercade here.

BF8B7359-C8C5-4D90-A832-3CA5566A0C33.jpeg

What a gorgeous set of machines. Very jealous, or rather, happy for you. 😉
I’m really stoked to have this little CRT collection. I haven’t had all three going at once yet. Waiting for the windy chassis to be repaired now. It feels really tight with the new Seimitsu lever and buttons. I was surprise how good the image is too with a refurbished chassis (MS9).
09C70BE6-49F8-41E8-B4FF-8AF9F16B9084.jpeg
F950701D-17C6-4189-85AC-6E5E902DDC58.jpeg
7937C7B3-28A9-4ED7-968D-EE12A1782CA0.jpeg
AFB44D32-4B70-4E97-9B4D-B0ABDFB5948B.jpeg

Last edited:
looks amazing! Great to see another blue whale ready to be released into the wild. A pleasure to the eye and in the heart, a menace to the doorframe. Truly the 90s produced some amazing stuff! I
I'm not sure why I love these cabs so much. They are super wide, obnoxiously tall, and heavy as all hell. It must be the built in cup holders!!

I don't have a Exceelena 2 so I couldn't tell you... but yes, the blue parts are plastic and the grey is metal.

okay cool; they're the same
my Reds are all plastic, the CP underside is metal, and the grey accents on the cabinet side/back are also plastic

@bartre The Blue parts are a resin coated fibreglass. See attached photo of the two side shells.

I guess the fibreglass was too heavy and cracked more often than plastic when they were new? But after 30 years they've held up much better than the Exceleena 2s IMO. The plastic on my reds is brittle as whereas my blues are generally still holding strong.

IMG_2401.jpg

@bartre The Blue parts are a resin coated fibreglass. See attached photo of the two side shells.
We love Fibreglass! amazing stuff from a durability perspective; there are boats from the 50's that are still going strong after 70 years in a hostile marine environment.

So thanks to @Battlesmurf who showed me this website: https://kital-tools.com/products/155n50bar01-6023
I was able to finish up my Exceelena Blue with brand new caster, which are the exact model that's on my original and in the manual. The wheels themselves are cheap, but shipping is like $30 via DHL to the USA. Took like 4 days. So if you need wheels like I did (mine were completely missing them), I suggest you get these.

For anyone who might know - what size/length are the bolts for the casters?

Trying to help a friend move one of these that's in a very inconvenient location, and the easiest way to do this is get new casters on it... but we have no idea what bolts to use. We're also not able to really tilt it or otherwise move it to get better access, so the easiest way to do it is just have the right bolts before we make another attempt haha.

Thanks in advance!

For anyone who might know - what size/length are the bolts for the casters?

Trying to help a friend move one of these that's in a very inconvenient location, and the easiest way to do this is get new casters on it... but we have no idea what bolts to use. We're also not able to really tilt it or otherwise move it to get better access, so the easiest way to do it is just have the right bolts before we make another attempt haha.

Thanks in advance!

It doesn't say in the manual? I can't get to the manual right now, but I would think it's in there.

It... might. You would think I would've thought to check, now that the scans are out there... alas.

Neither of the manuals have the bolt size/length, only the part number for the casters themselves. Possible I missed it.

Last edited:
hey guys heres my finished build, hopefully you likes. Some notable changes, a darker metallic blue, i wasn't a huge fan of the original panel art, so i reworked it with a better color scheme (I can dig up the file for anyone that's interested), also made up my own marquee art and plexi holder. View attachment 132819
IMG_2449.jpg
IMG_2447.jpg
IMG_2448.jpg

Attachments

• A1F6463F-9C75-476A-8572-68708A6746CB.jpeg
    A1F6463F-9C75-476A-8572-68708A6746CB.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 61
  • 8E653B59-B6D4-4EE3-82AB-96728F9E4E00.jpeg
    8E653B59-B6D4-4EE3-82AB-96728F9E4E00.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Back