DSC_1410.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_1413.JPG
    DSC_1413.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_1414.JPG
    DSC_1414.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 69
Ya, mine looked pretty similar, if not worse. It had, what I hope were, soda stains as well.

You know only the top light & isolation transformer are 100v the 4 psu's at the base all have a 100-240v input range.

Is the isolation transformer even needed for home use or is it a site thing could a just use a chassis mount stepdown to the power cab?

Or maybe its actually a stepdown
1699383125995.png

Last edited:
so technically you could just use wire directly to the 4 psu?
Im assuming the isolation is for safety features but then the Vewlix doesn’t have a transformer

As I've recently had some sort of super cold its taken me a while to feel like doing the hobby (& anything normal) but tonight I installed the new bezel top sticker on the Noir & here are the results:

Attachments

• DSC_1551.JPG
    DSC_1551.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 47
It didn't look to bad plain either:

Attachments

• DSC_1547.JPG
    DSC_1547.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_1548.JPG
    DSC_1548.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 32
For those looking for control panel LED replacements, I recently purchased/installed this and can vouch as a satisfied customer.

https://6ff8b8.myshopify.com/produc...a6xBd7-C_Fpm43puHTuechg-4rUT8r3IiGM75SPopgLgE

Just be aware that under the old LED panel proved to be the rustiest part of the entire Noir, and it felt wrong screwing pristine new products onto it. But it's great to finally have the Tekken 7 movelist illuminated as intended.

And while I'm here, just going to throw out a thank you to the community as a whole. Getting into this hobby can be pretty daunting with everybody using tech jargon that can be daunting/confusing to those inexperienced, but without helpful and knowledgeable people like you all I probably would have passed on what is now one of my favorite things. I've gotten countless hours of joy (and some frustration) out of the big black beautiful beast and it's a fantastic distraction from being under prosecution by Murphy's Law (and the first annual coin box unlocking was really rewarding--the hobby pays for itself!)

For those looking for control panel LED replacements, I recently purchased/installed this and can vouch as a satisfied customer.

https://6ff8b8.myshopify.com/produc...a6xBd7-C_Fpm43puHTuechg-4rUT8r3IiGM75SPopgLgE

Just be aware that under the old LED panel proved to be the rustiest part of the entire Noir, and it felt wrong screwing pristine new products onto it. But it's great to finally have the Tekken 7 movelist illuminated as intended.
Are they based in the US? and it looks like that all they sell.

Are they based in the US? and it looks like that all they sell.
Shipped from Denmark (the shipping nearly doubled the price, but aside from customs hold up it arrived fast).
And it's just one guy who posted it on the FB Noir group; no clue if he plans to repro anything else.
I'm usually reluctant to buy from unvetted sources, having been ripped off by even well regarded ones in the past, but it turned out favorably. So figured I'd spread awareness and my positive review since I know this is a common request for Noir owner--much better than feeding externally powered LED strips in as I've seen some do.

The seller is here on the forum as @kkolding.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-noir-control-panel-led-pcb-replicas.28599/

I dug out my Noirs recently from storage. I have two old style ones I bought for next to nothing from Japan during Covid. Imagine my surprise when I noticed they come with 240V power supplies:

namco_noir_psu_1.jpg

namco_noir_psu_2.jpg

Now before you go plugging in one of these in Europe, don't. There's a 100V varistor on the PSU distribution board, a 100V marquee ballast and a 100V fan at the back (EDIT: transformer is 100V too). However, if you remove or replace those parts, you should be good to go.

The newer Noirs come with 100V PSUs.

Last edited:
i have one that's the same at home , didn't realise till i accidently put a 240v mains into it and it didn't go bang

£30 shipping for me in the UK, UPS standard :huh::unsure:

£30 shipping for me in the UK, UPS standard :huh::unsure:
I double checked, and it was $38; confused it with another order I made the same day that came express, and mistakenly thought it came to $115 not $105.,
So over 50%, but not as close to 100% as I was thinking.
My mistake; apologies.

The seller is here on the forum as @kkolding.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/namco-noir-control-panel-led-pcb-replicas.28599/

I dug out my Noirs recently from storage. I have two old style ones I bought for next to nothing from Japan during Covid. Imagine my surprise when I noticed they come with 240V power supplies:

namco_noir_psu_1.jpg

namco_noir_psu_2.jpg

Now before you go plugging in one of these in Europe, don't. There's a 100V varistor on the PSU distribution board, a 100V marquee ballast and a 100V fan at the back. However, if you remove or replace those parts, you should be good to go.

The newer Noirs come with 100V PSUs.
Is the transformer rated 240v?

I don't know. I'm not sure if there were any markings on it. If you're worried about insulation failure, you could bypass it.

Back