What's new
If you upgradeCPU,the radiator(fan) must be replaced. The original radiator has a very low rotation speed, so I use the low-power I5-3550S as a long-term running device. It is not recommended for high-power devices(I7-3770). And the height of the radiator is limited.
Yeah, that makes sense, it’s probably not truly worth upgrading the CPU due to power consumption and as you mentioned, the heatsink and fan assembly. The stock PSU is 300w so yep, not worth it. Upgrading the GPU to a GTX960-1050 Ti and RAM is definitely worth it

It doesn't matter, the power supply is 1U FSP(for server use), you can buy 500-600W products at computer market, and you can replacement it, so you don't have to worry about power consumption.

Well, turns out the slots in my TER ES3 weren’t damaged but a RAM DIMM has gone bad. Well, I had one spare 4GB RAM stick laying around and installed it into the system. Now it’s registering as having 8GB instead of 4GB. Yay!
image.jpg

Original green RAM stick that has gone bad
Edit: I have confirmed that this stick is indeed dead as I installed it in my own personal computer and it failed to boot.
image.jpg

New blue RAM stick I installed in the system…

image.jpg

Original Bitlocker encrypted drive still works with replacement RAM sticks!

Last edited:
I need help my Tekken 7fb system won't boot anymore it has bitblocker the winload file is missing

I need help my Tekken 7fb system won't boot anymore it has bitblocker the winload file is missing
I did get this error before due to me removing or disabling the TPM pin jumper on the motherboard, make sure the TPM jumper is set to enable on the motherboard, if it is, then you bricked your HDD some other way

Make sure JPT1 is set to enable
6164D873-279D-4645-99E5-6060D569C7C9.jpeg
8C2971E0-D668-4820-9775-95DFD533F05A.jpeg
86D5CD96-5931-49A4-902D-A77D28BF9C1B.jpeg

This isn’t BIOS menu related so you don’t need to access the BIOS menu in anyway. You don’t need the password for it either as it’s useless. If this jumper has been set to disabled, disconnected or not making any connection, it will trip bitlocker, I got this error on both my stock and rebuilt hardware, when I set the jumper to “TPM disabled” using a Bitlocker encrypted drive.

Last edited:
Hi
I got a used ES3 and it beeps 3 times when it starts up.
The screen does not come on and Windows does not start.

It seems that there is something wrong with the memory, but it does not change even after replacing the memory.

Is the motherboard faulty?
If I replace the HDD with another ES3, will it boot?
Will it be locked and not boot?

Please let me know if you know more about this.

I am translating at DeepL.

Hi

It seems that there is something wrong with the memory, but it does not change even after replacing the memory.

Do the fans come on?

Hi

Looking online, it’s definitely a memory issue, when I got a memory issue due to a dead stick, I got 4 beeps instead of 3. 3 beeps seem to indicate a major problem with your RAM. Make sure the replacement RAM you use is the exact same specs as the original. You can upgrade to 16 or 32GB but it’s overkill for the game selection the ES3 used. Also, try installing the RAM in different slots, worst case scenario, you have some dead RAM slots or a faulty CPU which can cause memory issues.

As for using an ES3 drive from another system to another, the short answer is that you can’t as each encrypted drive has a unique VMK that is paired to the TPM on the motherboard. You’ll end up bricking the encrypted ES3 drive. You can boot other software or re-encrypt another drive to the system but I’m not going into details about this here…

Hi

Make a video where we can hear the sound.
A working ES3 will beep with a 3 tones. Other beep can be error... so very hard to tell you if working ok or not without hearing it.

True, if possible, @Guest make a video showing what the ES3 does, the motherboard manual is online from the manufacturer but the beep codes are not complete. So far, here are the beep codes I’ve encountered that were not on the manual:

4 beeps followed by constant restarts: RAM error

6 beeps followed by restarts: major motherboard error or corrupted BIOS according to SuperMicro. I wasn’t able to fix this issue myself which led me to make a thread about replacing the whole motherboard :)

Last edited:
True, if possible, @Guest make a video showing what the ES3 does, the motherboard manual is online from the manufacturer but the beep codes are not complete. So far, here are the beep codes I’ve encountered that were not on the manual:

4 beeps followed by constant restarts: RAM error

6 beeps followed by restarts: major motherboard error or corrupted BIOS according to SuperMicro. I wasn’t able to fix this issue myself which led me to make a thread about replacing the whole motherboard :)

I took a video.

Can't you tell from this?

I have converted the memory to DDR3 made by SP.
Is that not good?

View: https://youtu.be/jdsmoq5izZ0

Back