What's new
Bene, risulta che gli slot nel mio TER ES3 non sono stati danneggiati ma un DIMM RAM è andato male. Bene, avevo una chiavetta RAM da 4 GB di riserva in giro e l'ho installata nel sistema. Ora si sta registrando con 8 GB invece di 4 GB. Sìì!
immagine.jpg

Chiavetta RAM verde originale che è andata male
Modifica: ho confermato che questo stick è davvero morto poiché l'ho installato sul mio personal computer e non è riuscito ad avviarsi.
immagine.jpg

Nuova chiavetta RAM blu che ho installato nel sistema...

immagine.jpg

L'unità crittografata Bitlocker originale funziona ancora con le chiavette RAM sostitutive!
domanda ho un namco es3 che non si avvia più. ho l'hard disk originale e il dongle usb ma vedo errori di avvio scritti in japonese è possibile reinserire o crittografare il gioco e farlo funzionare? Grazie

40F976AD-D9A1-48E2-BB66-6D6A8E1F9F8E.jpeg
Bro, I made this thread as a hardware guide as there wasn’t much information/accurate information about the Namco System ES3 (and I was inspired by the Taito Type X3/4 guides on the site) and about any other useful information I have found that I’ll gladly share. I did not make this thread as a way to hack or bypass the protection these systems as it’s not allowed on this forum and I highly respect that. One extremely major reason why is because Namco is still using this hardware/software in arcades and still making a profit from them. Look elsewhere if that’s what you’re looking for. No one is going to help you if you keep bugging people around. Just saying… 🤷‍♂️

then post hacking videos on YouTube nonsense I would say all a matter of interest.

quindi postare video di hacking su YouTube sciocchezze direi tutta una questione di interesse.

Ho questo errore, puoi ripristinarlo? Grazie

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120-191439177~2.png
    Screenshot_20230120-191439177~2.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 98
Can anyone explain this error to me?
This error could be caused by a multitude of things like a bad GPU, wrong BIOS on the GPU, or in some rare occasions, a bad HDD or TPM chip. Like @Rom1 said in an earlier post, something in the PCR values have changed which have triggered Bitlocker. In other words, you’re kinda fucked if any of the things we’ve mentioned are true. GPU is perhaps the “easiest” to fix if it’s the problem. But yeah, without knowing what happened, you can’t do much.

Last edited:
Had my es3 go. It would beep 3 x reboot once beep 3 more times then stay on. Black screen.

After cleaning same thing.

Moved the ram to a black slot booted up right away.
Assuming bad ram slot. Idk

Hmm, had some issues again with my TER ES3 unit as it would occasionally reboot randomly and at one time froze up, this problem would occur around 40min to 2 hours of the unit being on. I’m not sure what the problem was but I went ahead and replaced the GPU with a known working GTX760, the PSU, and swapped the RAM with a good known working pair, I only had a pair of 8GB GDDR3 RAM sticks so I’m using those for now, I also cleaned up the unit and added new thermal paste to the CPU. So far, it hasn’t rebooted randomly, froze, or shut down! 😁

Last edited:
Well, the issues persist and I believe I found the culprit to the problems, the CPU. It has two faint burn marks unfortunately. I currently have a i5-2500 3.30GHz CPU that will fit in the socket and the games seem to run perfectly fine on that CPU. So far, no random resets or crashes. I did go ahead and ordered a replacement i5-3550s to pop in the unit once it’s arrives.

Picture below of the bad spots on the i5-3550s CPU, it looks much worse in person…
29136B76-0031-464E-9A17-446FCB2FBF01.jpeg

Well, the issues persist and I believe I found the culprit to the problems, the CPU. It has two faint burn marks unfortunately. I currently have a i5-2500 3.30GHz CPU that will fit in the socket and the games seem to run perfectly fine on that CPU. So far, no random resets or crashes. I did go ahead and ordered a replacement i5-3550s to pop in the unit once it’s arrives.

Picture below of the bad spots on the i5-3550s CPU, it looks much worse in person…
29136B76-0031-464E-9A17-446FCB2FBF01.jpeg
Replacing with the higher processor will the performance will be good too?

Replacing with the higher processor will the performance will be good too?
Yeah but it’s not a huge boost, I’m fairly surprised the 2500 run’s pretty well, I’d say a bit better than the stock 3550s but I’m currently doing some research on this. The arcade versions of T7 require a CPU with 4 threads or else you’ll end up with a black screen when the game loads. But yeah, on stock systems, it’s better to stick with the original hardware/specs

Will those pads on the CPU clean up? did you inspect the state of the pin on the board, to make sure not bent etc. Just wondering is the CPU at fault or is it poor pin contact.

Using this cpu pinout/landmap as a reference
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/effects-of-losing-pins-from-socket.18755188/
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ayout.1277219/#lg=_xfUid-1-1677591488&slide=0

Once you orientate your picture to match and flip the pins (as the pinout is the board not cpu) looks like the worst pad is R35 VSS (ground) and the one next to it T35 VCCAXG (Graphics core power supply).

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/w...eets/3rd-gen-core-desktop-vol-1-datasheet.pdf (page 73, 102, 106).

Will those pads on the CPU clean up? did you inspect the state of the pin on the board, to make sure not bent etc. Just wondering is the CPU at fault or is it poor pin contact.
I actually tried my best to clean them up with some IPA but unfortunately those pads are definitely toast. It actually made the situation worse as when the game started to load, the whole system would shutdown immediately and reboot and the screen would have some strange artifacts/glitches or the game would lockup, it’s definitely not GPU related as the GTX760 replacement I have is in near perfect condition. The socket and the pins look very good though, no dirt is in it and I see no bent/burnt pins either. Not sure what may have caused that problem to begin with, but with another CPU added, everything is working fine again, so far, leaving it on for two hours and it’s still going lol, all RAM slots are also working perfectly now.

Back