What's new
Oh I got the Jammafier a while ago...
But I didn't want to talk about it too much because my cabs are in storage and I can't actually use it right now. :(

I was sure JAMMA-to-JVS was a bad idea, because lag would be inherent in the conversion process...
Many people here convinced me otherwise, and recommend this device.

I can't wait to try/test it out for myself. :)

Anyone here have the combo CPS2 - tri-sync helper and NNC PFX tri-sync?

I have CPS2 - trisync helper - NNC - Toshiba Pure Flat if that helps?

Guess you mean the Sanwa tube with PFX?

Yeah same setup but I also have the Toshiba, I think "PFX" is Sanwa yes (vs "PF" for the Tosh).

I do, but my trisync helper has gone bad, it gives me a rolling picture whenever I use it. I have used the jammifier without it on the toshiba and the PFX and I get a stable picture.

I do, but my trisync helper has gone bad, it gives me a rolling picture whenever I use it. I have used the jammifier without it on the toshiba and the PFX and I get a stable picture.
That's no good, did you pm/mail me about this and I somehow missed it? Get in touch and we can sort something out! Did you try it with CPS2 before something happened?

That's no good, did you pm/mail me about this and I somehow missed it? Get in touch and we can sort something out! Did you try it with CPS2 before something happened?
It was a recent thing. I kind of forgot about it until you mentioned it. Ive just been using the jammifer without it. I mean to ask if you wanted me to send it back but I forgot. The jammifier itself is flawless, its the tri sync helper that started acting up and then stopped working.

I have also had no luck with my cps2 and trisync helper with tosh monitor. Trisync helper gives me a wavy image. Fortunately, image is stable without it so I simply don't use it.

Is anyone making cps2-jammafier kick harnesses?

I have also had no luck with my cps2 and trisync helper with tosh monitor. Trisync helper gives me a wavy image. Fortunately, image is stable without it so I simply don't use it.

Is anyone making cps2-jammafier kick harnesses?
Do all NNCs have the same monitor, and do you have an exact model number? I need to put a warning on the webpage about this issue.

I put it under the scope and did some tests, and this is what I found.

CPS2 does not have a horizontal sync component during vertical sync. For digital systems, this is a PITA as it's hard to keep a clock synchronized when it the source suddenly change . From the Images I've seen, this would explain it - the chassis is not quick enough to 'retrain' to the change, and once it's somewhat stable, the width of the hsync changes again.

CPS2 raw csync, you clearly see the sync signal is stopping:
cps2 raw.png

Compared to Neo Geo:
neo raw.png

The tri-sync helper does what it says on the tin, but not much it can do to help the chassis.

CPS2 with H/V sync separated - the HSYNC portion stops during VSYNC:
cps2 sep.png

Contrasted to MVS with H/V separated, Hsync portion continues during VSYNC:
neo help.png

I have the Toshiba D29C051 and do not experience this with the Helper. I'll do more tests, any game in particular or is it just everything? I have the DS Multi and a couple other A/B boards as well (Blue DD TOD and Darkstalkers).

I have the Toshiba D29C051 and do not experience this with the Helper. I'll do more tests, any game in particular or is it just everything? I have the DS Multi and a couple other A/B boards as well (Blue DD TOD and Darkstalkers).
So with your setup, tri-sync helper and CPS2 works ok?

Last time I checked yes, I played a few games when I put the Multi CPS2 together and they all were fine (Marvel VS Capcom, Mars Matrix, 1944 and AVP). I did not try with the other CPS2 original boards before though, but I don't see how it would differ. My multi is on a Marvel vs Capcom Rev 5 board.

I can do more tests tonight and look for issues (it was more to test if I soldered the multi properly than anything, I put it away waiting for the Metal Case from Hursit before playing more with it :P).

Chassis word can be used for the combo and for the pcb which is damn confusing.

There are 3 ways to identify chassis.

- Combo's naming : D29C051, D29CQ51, K29CQ05 (chassis + tube + frame combined) we call that a chassis number.

- The tube's naming is : Toshiba A68LTF356X, Matsushita A68LZU185X

- The pcb's naming : PD2367, PD1843, PB9929 for Toshiba, and I don't know what the naming is for Sanwa. Well we call that a chassis too.

Just to be clear, when you have the combo's naming it doesn't mean you can guess what your chassis is, because they can get mixed in factory or elsewhere.

For CPS2 I don't have any problem with the PD1843 Toshiba chassis combined with A68LTF356X.

I'm a little confused :)

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_New_Net_City

lists "Toshiba PF D29C051" https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Toshiba_PF_D29C051

While for https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Net_City
lists "Nanao MS-2931" https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Nanao_MS-2931

The monitor in question with cps2/helper issues I think is this one:
https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sanwa_PFX - manual https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/1/15/Sanwa_29PFX_Manual.pdf

@caloge - can you confirm you have the Sanwa monitor?

Well, it was sold to me as equipped with the toshiba monitor but wouldn't be surprised if I got screwed. To be honest I haven't opened it up to check. I will try and have a look this week.

both nanao and toshiba are trisync chassis, you can also find sanwa.

But usually NNC were shipped with both Toshiba chassis and tube, I know they changed the tubes with Matsushita at the end of life of the CRT era, I don't know about sanwa or nanao if Sega used them in NNC or not but they can be swapped. I know the Nanao was used in the Blast City.

My point is to make a difference between chassis as a combo, and chassis as a pcb. It's not the same naming.

We must use the pcb chassis number to identify what is actually in use (Toshiba PD1843 Nanao MS-2931...) and not the combo number (D29C051...) this latter is used from factory to name the entire set of frame+tube+chassis, which internals like chassis or tube can be swapped anytime by users.

Last edited:
So with your setup, tri-sync helper and CPS2 works ok?
Works perfect for me as well, NNC with Toshiba chassis and tube.

Yes, googling a bit seems to suggest that "sanwa pfx" comes with either 1755B or or KW0606 chassis - which I suspect has issues.

edit: KW0606 confirmed (by one) having issues with CPS2 and helper.
kw0606a.jpg

Last edited:
Back