What's new
Ouch, my eyes 8| That is not factory original :) Remove the hot-snot, and you will likely find that the the pins on the Jamma edge are cut, and jumper wires are routed to the kick.

If you remove these jumper wires, things should work - apart from that you're missing 2 GND pins, but shouldn't really matter all that much.

FE8F5A30-97D2-44EC-A1C0-394316E0EAD9.jpeg

Is the tri-sync helper supposed to be able to send 31khz through it properly? On mine the image does this weird mirroring which is making trying to wire up a pc with jvs-pac 2 a tad annoying.

Is the tri-sync helper supposed to be able to send 31khz through it properly? On mine the image does this weird mirroring which is making trying to wire up a pc with jvs-pac 2 a tad annoying.
Tri-Sync helper and JVS-PAC doesn't usually go together.. The helper only eats CSYNC and high-impedance RGB, it doesn't look at stuff on the Vsync pin at all.

https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper

What's the setup you're working on?

Tri-Sync helper and JVS-PAC doesn't usually go together.. The helper only eats CSYNC and high-impedance RGB, it doesn't look at stuff on the Vsync pin at all.
https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper

When I actually have free time the plan was to setup a mame pc with crt resolution switching. I haven't tried very hard yet but noticed the 31khz thing when I left Naomi plugged in once.

Tri-Sync helper and JVS-PAC doesn't usually go together.. The helper only eats CSYNC and high-impedance RGB, it doesn't look at stuff on the Vsync pin at all.https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper

When I actually have free time the plan was to setup a mame pc with crt resolution switching. I haven't tried very hard yet but noticed the 31khz thing when I left Naomi plugged in once.
No need for the tri-sync helper for this (or Naomi). I would have provided proper screws for the helper to fix it properly to the Jammafier if I knew where to source some. For MAME, clean win7, radeon graphics card, groovy mame and crt-emudriver. Takes a couple of hours from scratch and gives really neato results.

Ouch, my eyes 8| That is not factory original :) Remove the hot-snot, and you will likely find that the the pins on the Jamma edge are cut, and jumper wires are routed to the kick.

If you remove these jumper wires, things should work - apart from that you're missing 2 GND pins, but shouldn't really matter all that much.
So I decided to try and fix the mess and I was able to clean it up pretty good, but rather than destory the pins by trying to remove them I just tied the lead wires together for now that they soldered to the pins. All 4 pins, top and bottom on 27 and 28 are now grounded. I am kind of OCD, so I may order an entire new connector at some point, but it seems to be working well with my CPS2 blue mainboard now. I do need to figure out how to boost the 5V line a bit on the New Net City as the Jammafier is reading 4.9V. I also need to replace this stock speakers!

I ordered one of these from Mike's Arcade to use with the Pandora 4S. Not sure why these guys didn't to begin with.

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=JA-CHAMMA

Nice you got it going!
And 5v adjust is easy on the NNC (assuming it is the stock PSU).
If you open up the front left door of the cab the PSU can be seen at the top and there is a hole in the case where you can insert a screwdriver to adjust the pot.

Maybe look in with a flashlight first so you know what you are looking for

Tri-Sync helper and JVS-PAC doesn't usually go together.. The helper only eats CSYNC and high-impedance RGB, it doesn't look at stuff on the Vsync pin at all.https://irkenlabs.com/jammafier/tri-sync-helper
No need for the tri-sync helper for this (or Naomi). I would have provided proper screws for the helper to fix it properly to the Jammafier if I knew where to source some. For MAME, clean win7, radeon graphics card, groovy mame and crt-emudriver. Takes a couple of hours from scratch and gives really neato results.
Understood but my concern with mame and crt-emudriver is what happens when I launch a game that's 31khz? I mean, in a few months when I have time again I'll find this answer myself but I'm assuming it'll act up like how Naomi does.

Do you know somewhere I can source the same JAMMA edge connector that you use on the Jammafier here in the USA? Thanks!

Understood but my concern with mame and crt-emudriver is what happens when I launch a game that's 31khz? I mean, in a few months when I have time again I'll find this answer myself but I'm assuming it'll act up like how Naomi does.
As I have a 31K only monitor, my mame only outputs 31k - works great, and should for tri-syncs too. Writing a short mame guide to put on my website is on the to-do list.
Do you know somewhere I can source the same JAMMA edge connector that you use on the Jammafier here in the USA? Thanks!
Removing it would be a major PITA, but if you're adventurous you can search for Sullins EBM28DRAH - it's not a common part, so will likely be hard to source/not worth the effort.

As I have a 31K only monitor, my mame only outputs 31k - works great, and should for tri-syncs too. Writing a short mame guide to put on my website is on the to-do list.
Removing it would be a major PITA, but if you're adventurous you can search for Sullins EBM28DRAH - it's not a common part, so will likely be hard to source/not worth the effort.
Ah, gotcha, is it glued to the PCB or just soldered?

It seems to be working well right now, so I may just leave it in the state I have it in.

It seems to be working well right now, so I may just leave it in the state I have it in.
No glue - maybe I just suck at desoldering :) I would leave it as is..

No glue - maybe I just suck at desoldering :) I would leave it as is..
Removing it, if you plan on replacing it, shouldn't be too big of an issue as long as you can snip the legs without damaging the board. Then it's just a simple matter of adding some solder, heating it up, and pulling the legs out one by one. Then use braid or a desoldering iron to clear the through holes, and you're ready to go for adding a new edge connector.

one question what's the map with a Neo Geo layout something like this:

1XX

and I dont understand this:
Warning! Using the Jammafier in dual-power setups, i.e. game is not powered directly from the Jammafier is not supported or recommended.
another power supply needed?

Last thing I will use it with that:

iu

good?

one question what's the map with a Neo Geo layout something like this:

1XX

and I dont understand this:
Warning! Using the Jammafier in dual-power setups, i.e. game is not powered directly from the Jammafier is not supported or recommended.
another power supply needed?

Last thing I will use it with that:

iu

good?
Yup, the neo-geo layout is like you wrote. The dual-power stuff is if the jammafier is powered by one PSU, while the game connected to it is powered by something else (possibly on the other side of a 220->110V ac converter), not recommended nor usual - but someone tried it without much success.

I don't know that jamma switcher (or any other for that matter) - if it just toggled power on different connected games I think it should be fine.

A heads-up, the "last" seven has been produced, I have put 5 in the web store in case some of them have issues (haven't done QA/factory init on them yet). With "last", I mean that more will most likely not be available for quite some time. In the coming months I will focus on family and the try to get the scaler out.

invzim said:
Yup, the neo-geo layout is like you wrote.
NICE :thumbsup:

invzim said:
The dual-power stuff is if the jammafier is powered by one PSU, while the game connected to it is powered by something else (possibly on the other side of a 220->110V ac converter), not recommended nor usual - but someone tried it without much success.
So if I have a good understanding PSU from my cab to supply JAMMAFIER, and JAMMAFIER supply by JAMMA my PCB (CPS1,2,3,MVS & S16B).

Back