What's new

zionfarm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have googled, YouTubed, & searched the forums for help on setting this thing up for the past 3 hours. With that said I am asking here for some help getting this thing to display. Any photos or videos would be greatly appreciated.
The seller showed me videos of it working with perfectly but I wasn't able to see the dip switch settings he had on the mother board while running.

I have also researched the Capcom IO board with the link listed below.
https://www.solvalou.com/arcade/naomi

Here are some photos of all my gear I am using. I am still waiting on a 8 pin mini din to scart so I am using the HAS HD-15 adapter which feeds to the OSSC. I have even tried using my HAS MD8 to HD15 adapter with no luck. I have tried taking the video straight from the board via the VGA port. I tried using the Naomi's own PSU, & using the Capcom IO board via the HAS with its own PSU for power with no luck. I then tired using the power cable that came with the Capcom IO board to power the mother board with the HAS supplying the power and noting.

Thx guys cheers,

What is your display device? Just plug the naomi directly into an lcd screen, or the ossc directly with vga.

What is your display device? Just plug the naomi directly into an lcd screen, or the ossc directly with vga.
I am using a Sony PS3 3D TV and I got a Samsung LCD monitor that has a VGA input.

Just run vga direct to the lcd then, set the naomi dip 1 off for 31khz. Use the naomi’s psu. Check your voltages especially 3.3v

I tried the number 1 dip switch to off and the rest were on and nothing. Dam right now I have a multi meter to check 3.3v coming off the Naomi PSU.

For video, I have:
Naomi -> Capcom IO (with it set to HV Sync, not CSYNC) -> HAS -> display via mini din-8 to SCART.

When I tried the CSYNC setting on the IO, I think I either got no picture or a very screwed up one.

But if you're not even getting video straight from the Naomi to a monitor that accepts VGA, try changing the VGA cable?

Are you getting any sound from the system?

For video, I have:
Naomi -> Capcom IO (with it set to HV Sync, not CSYNC) -> HAS -> display via mini din-8 to SCART.

When I tried the CSYNC setting on the IO, I think I either got no picture or a very screwed up one.

But if you're not even getting video straight from the Naomi to a monitor that accepts VGA, try changing the VGA cable?

Are you getting any sound from the system?
I am getting no sound. Tried going straight from the mother board and even from the IO board.

You have to mod the VGA cable or will short the Naomi and it won't boot. Just remove pin 9. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I am getting no sound. Tried going straight from the mother board and even from the IO board.
If you're not getting any sound either, then more than likely it isn't even booting. Get a multimeter and check the voltages on the input connector.

If you're not getting any sound either, then more than likely it isn't even booting. Get a multimeter and check the voltages on the input connector.
That is one thing I am going to check tomorrow with the tech guy here on the camp as I don't have my multi meter here with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: nem
Checked everything, I think the package took a beating going through the mail system and the bios got erased/corrupted. Getting a multi region from Ebay.

As of now, just connect Naomi PSU >>Naomi>>vga from Naomi>>Samsung lcd.

All dip switches off. Meaning all are in the down position.

Once you power Naomi allow for it to fully boot, normally new owners think something is wrong while the black screen happens during booting. Let's worry about JUST Naomi for now.

The sound comes out the two RCA connectors on the Naomi (left and right channel). Why are you trying to get it from the IO board?

just take the video straight out the VGA connector on the Naomi. Do not put it through the IO board than a bunch of converters etc. Its totally unnecessary as you already have a monitor with a VGA input, and is just more crap in the way to go wrong and at best give you a noticeably worse picture than going direct.

One likely reason you're not seeing anything is that your monitor is a normal VGA one so needs a 31khz input, but I can see from your pics you have dip switch 1 set to 15khz out, which is only ever used by ancient CRT monitors based on old TV hardware. For an LCD monitor or even newer arcade CRT monitors you're almost certainly going to need 31 khz. (dip switch 1 on). With the switch in the wrong position you wont see anything.

Your power supply is apparently not a real Sega Naomi power supply, it looks like a converted PC one, in which case it might not even support all the necessary voltages such as 3.3v. Also Naomi is very sensitive to even slightly incorrect voltages, and cheap PC power supplies tend to be surprisingly bad at voltage regulation. If so, let's hope it's under-volting rather than over-volting, otherwise it could have blown your Naomi already.

Last edited:
Yeah the Capcom IO will properly convert an arcade PSU to the required 3.3v.

Mitsurugi on this board sells proper ATX to Naomi cables but that’s really only if you want to run a GDROM Setup since that will require two PSUs to run.

If you’re using a Naomi, unless you really want to play on a PVM, you shouldn’t be using rgb scart and 15khz. You should use the Supergun for controls only and have the VGA cable connect from Naomi to Monitor or OSSC (I do the latter). The Capcom IO is also an amplifier on its own so you’ll need to use two sets of RCA cables (Naomi to Capcom IO, then Capcom IO to monitor or OSSC). You need to also have the dip switches set on the Naomi to run 31khz. You don’t need to touch anything on the HAS. Also make sure your Capcom IO has the proper toggled switches or else you will have weird 3P and 4P inputs.

I can’t speak for your PC PSU, but I use a Meanwell PSU for mine, and after I read the manual and also had tips from a fellow Naomi owner. I was on my way.

Here’s my MvC2 video.

You have to mod the VGA cable or will short the Naomi and it won't boot. Just remove pin 9. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I have never heard this. Can anyone comment if there is anything to this statement or should a regular old VGA cable be fine for connecting Naomi to whatever.

I have never heard this. Can anyone comment if there is anything to this statement or should a regular old VGA cable be fine for connecting Naomi to whatever.
You can test it yourself.

errr, you even said someone correct me if I'm wrong, so doesn't sound like you have a lot of confidence there. someone probably knows. I'd rather wait for someone else to say something before going and ripping pins out of cables. I might try connecting a naomi to an lcd later today so it could be somewhat relevant for me to know about this if it can be an issue.

You can test on a normal cable, if it works, i'm totally wrong.

Back