What's new
Are you using the rgb version or single colour? If the latter you have to configure the pyton file

Got the backlight to work but if using the 16x2 to select a game, time hack does not work :(

You enable it in the setting? I'm pretty sure I setup one that work

Weird. Do you have a good clean power source? Does the lcd flicker? Had that happen once where the pi didn't have enough power to send out the time hack

Weird. Do you have a good clean power source? Does the lcd flicker? Had that happen once where the pi didn't have enough power to send out the time hack
Yup power is good. After 30 seconds I get a Error 33, Gateway not found message when using the 16X2.

I had an aluminum heat sink on my pi that was shorting the pins on the bottom of the lcd PCB. i just added electrical tape. Check to make sure that’s not your issue.

Ok, tried 2 different Pi 3b+'s and made sure the 5v was strong. No pins are touching. If I load the game from the webpage on my phone, I do not get the Error 33 Bad gateway message, but I do if I load the game from the 16X2 LCD.

Last edited:
So has anyone ever been able to get openjvs to run via wipi netbooter? I just received another naomi and even with that it's not working. It just hangs at the 31khz loading screens when starting a game like crazy taxi or virtua tennis. I don't get it. Everything is wired correct. A few months ago I managed to get it to work via JVSemulator standalone version. But even then: i had to start the game with the normal i/o attached and then quickly switch the cable after the game started so I could use openjvs.

The time hack mode currently won't work via the 16x2 display, the reason is the python script that runs the game selection menus needs to return to the main function and the time hack loops a process to send an update/reset to the netdimm. I should be able to create a separate thread for the time hack loop to get that working. Currently I can't get to my naomi kit, in the middle of a cab restoration so stuff is everywhere.

So has anyone ever been able to get openjvs to run via wipi netbooter? I just received another naomi and even with that it's not working. It just hangs at the 31khz loading screens when starting a game like crazy taxi or virtua tennis. I don't get it. Everything is wired correct. A few months ago I managed to get it to work via JVSemulator standalone version. But even then: i had to start the game with the normal i/o attached and then quickly switch the cable after the game started so I could use openjvs.
Sounds like you might have an issue with the RS485 adaptor you are using, I had to try a couple before I got one that worked consistently, this was the winner in the end: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SD65BVF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So friend and i updated the rasp pi drivers for the adafruit 3.5 tft . We got the screen to turn on but are unable to figure why it only shows command prompt and not netbooter. this is v5 and the ip address works and brings up the webpage. @chunksin

updated - the only changes made

Attachments

• 19FAC516-8615-44CA-8561-3F6E8DFC612F.jpeg
    19FAC516-8615-44CA-8561-3F6E8DFC612F.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 66
  • 9BFBA49B-AFAC-4935-BDD9-C164BEF5D02C.jpeg
    9BFBA49B-AFAC-4935-BDD9-C164BEF5D02C.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Have you tried running the easy installer with the frame buffer option?

So i setup WiPi tonight with your official build, and loaded up my own rom sets. I did the audit scan, and it found 121 files, from A-Z. Renamed/Saved the list and went back to the main menu to find that the list only goes down to the letter M. No games listed after that. Even the letters at the top that you click to filter the games list doesn't go past M.

I've seen that before, it gets stuck on Mobile Suit Gundam.
It might have something to do with the 2 versions of the game.

Remove Gundam and see what happens.

I can't recall if i ever got past that point or not with the rom audit, i think it worked.

Why does it happen? no idea!

That did it! Thanks!

That's down a weird issue in the sorting code, I use 2 methods and they don't end up with the same alphabetical list for some reason, I'll fix it soon, been working hard on the new (hopefully final) release. Big shout outs to @Fredobedo007 and @Murray for your help and contributions towards the new version :thumbup:

Last edited:
Quick update - I've pretty much finished the new version, some highlights:

OS updated, still DietPi based
Card Emulator now working properly
Time Hack mode enabled for 16x2 screen mode
Network section overhauled - you can easily switch between hotspot mode and home wifi mode, static and DHCP addressing, totally customisable
Dimm management overhauled - new network scanner function will find your connected dimms and add them for you, dimms are checked for online/offline status before sending a game and if you have multiple dimms set up for different systems it will send to correct one or prompt with a choice if more than one is found
Audit function removed - all roms are now included and standardised to a proper naming convention and are compressed using gzip so everything fits onto a 32GB card
Navigation improved - games now appear in tiles in the main list, videos have been moved back to the game info screen, when returning to the main list it will drop you back to the same location and there is an option for a floating 'return to top' icon
LCD changes - screen is now in portrait rather than landscape to display the interface better
Various look and feel improvements

In final testing now, release should be within the week

Again, big shout out to @Murray, @Fredobedo007 and @bobbydilley for your contributions :thumbsup:

Download link for the new version has been added to the first post, the new version works in much the same way as the previous ones, to avoid clashes with home network ranges I have changed the wired network interface (the side that connects to the netdimm) to use IP address 10.0.0.1/24 by default so I recommend setting your netdimm to use 10.0.0.2 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0. You can change this in the WiPi setup menu if you'd like to use a different range. It doesn't have a default netdimm set up already so you need to add one, once your netdimm is connected and has an IP address you can use the netdimm scanner to find and add it, you'll find it in the Netdimm Management menu under Setup.

Hey @chunksin this is awesome, Thank you ! :)

I had a minor issue with adding the netdimm, it didn't want to be shown online in the gui for love nor money with 10.0.0.2, so after lots of cussing and resetting of the netdimm and network settings i finally for the hell of it gave it 10.0.0.3 instead and it worked first time!

Weird, but in case anyone else has the issue or you need to know about it, i thought i'd post.

Absolutely loving the new revision so far 👍

Back