What's new
I have the dim set to 192.168.1.2 and in the setup on the naomi for the netdimm it is the same ip address
What am I doing wrong?

What version of WiPi are you using and what IP address is the wired network on the Pi set to? If it's set to a 10. address it won't work, your wired network address on the Pi needs to be in the same subnet as the netdimm. I switched to using the 10. range because the 192.168 range clashes with many people's home network and caused issues.

I am using the latest build
The pi is 10.0.0.1
I set the netdimm to 10.0.0.3 in the webpage and in the naomi test mode
Still says offline

I've started work on integrating the new game selection menu built by @DragonMinded, it works really well and I've added integration with the main csv data file plus support for gzipped compressed roms used in the WiPi image. The way I see it working is as an extension to single boot mode, you select the menu as an option per compatible dimm and the menu is sent on startup if single boot mode is enabled. If you're using OpenJVS there is a bonus in that you can hold down any 3 buttons on your controller for 3 seconds and the menu is sent again 8)

Are the three buttons user configurable, or is it always, at any time, holding three buttons down will jump to menu?

At the moment it's any 3 digital buttons, figured that would be easier for people to use, I can make it configurable though. Are there any games where you need to hold down buttons like that to play? I couldn't think of any offhand. Maybe I could include the start button as one of them? That should eliminate any accidental quits!

I can't think of any games that require holding three down, but there are times where I will randomly hold down a button (or a few) and would hate to be kicked out of the game for that. If you could make start one of the three buttons, that'd be great!

I can't think of any games that require holding three down, but there are times where I will randomly hold down a button (or a few) and would hate to be kicked out of the game for that. If you could make start one of the three buttons, that'd be great!
You'd need to hold down 3 buttons if you were playing Balrog in CvS2 to do TAP.

This is the adaptor I bought which works fine: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07SD65BVF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OpenJVS uses device profiles, there should be one installed already for XBox 360 controllers, the default ones are listed here: https://github.com/OpenJVS/OpenJVS/tree/master/docs/openjvs/devices

Enable OpenJVS in the Options menu in WiPi, when the controller is plugged in it should be detected and enabled by WiPi and you can see it in the 'Scan and Configure Devices' option in Setup-OpenJVS Configuration. On the game launch page you should see 'Controllers 1', if you see 'Controllers 0' then it cannot detect your controller properly and OpenJVS won't start.
WONDERFUL, you are in right I changed adaptor for the you advised me and working now.

one question where is mapping controller file, I need to change. Can I use other image game, I try to patch with hex code for widescreen.

one question why with battery ram openjvs dont run, I mus t reloded each time the game.

Yep because the Pi has no way to tell which game is running because it hasn't sent one yet. I could set it up to auto start the last loaded mapping file on boot up, that wouldn't hurt as the loading sequence already checks and kills any OpenJVS processes

Making good progress on the Naomi menu thanks to @DragonMinded - thanks for all of your help, much appreciated, sorry for the slew of questions!

I've got the toolchain built so I can make changes and have done a tiny bit of customisation, right and left now skips up and down the games list a screen at a time, I've updated the font and the colour scheme, just messing about really. The timers have been adjusted slightly to accommodate the compressed ROMs used in WiPi and the unzip process has been optimised to shave off a few seconds of load time. The stubborn games that refuse to reboot are still an issue, there seems to be around a 30 second delay between issuing the command and the game responding but it will eventually return to the menu again. The reset button combo for OpenJVS has been changed to start+2 other buttons and is working really well so it shouldn't be long until I'm ready to release, I'm also removing triforcetools and moving to the @DragonMinded netboot suite of tools.

Has anyone figured out how to use the WiPi images with an older Raspberry Pi 3 16x2 blue background LCD screen? The current format doesn't allow for the letters to appear clearly or the contrast to be adjusted to see the games list appropriately. I like using the WiFi option, however, I still would like the functionality of the old 16x2 screen and switching back and forth which is what is great about the images and the flexibility. Anyone know how to fix this issue? If not, is there a more current 16x2 screen that is confirmed to work with the images? I am looking to use the Joystick only image and want to complete the setup with the 16x2 screen working and is the only thing remaining in this setup. Thank you in advance!

Back