What's new
I guess I'll reiterate what I said to Tony in PMs and say that I know I jumped the gun on doing solder work on the chassis, but I did restore all of the original components onto it and verified that it was in the same condition as when I received it. The only difference now is that the settings aren't corrupt anymore like when I turned it on for the first time.
I would suggest @tonyt76 and @neSneSgB split the cost of shipping and repair to Sharp Image. They will get it going , recapped, and shipped for about $80 apiece. Ask for test pics before they ship it back.

That seems like the most reasonable outcome for both parties at this point.

You can't attempt repair and expect a return either.

@tonyt76 You should have tested it and held @ArcSys101 accountable but you missed your window and now your storage and handling puts the burden of liability on you moving forward.

I should point out that I did make it known to Tony that I had done troubleshooting (including the solder work) yesterday, he then asked me what I would like him to do. I asked for a replacement and he agreed. Only this morning did he reverse and say he had an issue with me working on it, after he said he would be willing to replace it once I shipped it back.

I was going to ship it today, but I held off once I saw this thread start to take off.

I should point out that I did make it known to Tony that I had done troubleshooting (including the solder work) yesterday, he then asked me what I would like him to do. I asked for a replacement and he agreed. Only this morning did he reverse and say he had an issue with me working on it, after he said he would be willing to replace it once I shipped it back.

I was going to ship it today, but I held off once I saw this thread start to take off.
You told me about the repair work after the fact. Had I known that you starting swapping parts on it prior, I wouldn't have agree to take it back.

Regardless, if you want a refund, send it back. I am not willing to spend anymore money on this chassis. Lesson learned.

Two different stories as to the timeline, pretty sure this could be solved with PM screenshots.

never a boring day with tony threads eh? even though this one got derailed from OP
artworks-000145018245-t8fdxy-t500x500.jpg

What are we gonna do to safeguard members here from all these CHARGEBACKS??? 🤔 LOOOOOOOL

I would suggest @tonyt76 and @neSneSgB split the cost of shipping and repair to Sharp Image. They will get it going , recapped, and shipped for about $80 apiece. Ask for test pics before they ship it back.

Work together on this guys...

I dunno, I've been waiting 6+ months to get a Toshiba back from them...

IMO this is a bad suggestion. There’s no reason why the buyer should have to compromise on this.

If you posted something for sale with a description of its status, then it should arrive in said status. If something went wrong during shipping, the seller should make it right.

IMO this is a bad suggestion. There’s no reason why the buyer should have to compromise on this.

If you posted something for sale with a description of its status, then it should arrive in said status. If something went wrong during shipping, the seller should make it right.
I would agree with you but the buyer decided to try and solder and fix it instead of returning the product. That’s on the buyer and seller IMO

I would agree with you but the buyer decided to try and solder and fix it instead of returning the product. That’s on the buyer and seller IMO
Doesn’t matter. Bottom line is if you post that it’s working and it arrives not working, even if someone attempted to fix it (and neSneSGb is no slouch, he is an advanced repair tech) and still had problems with it, it’s still on the seller to make it right.

Working on it doesn’t negate the fact that he was sold a lemon.

Last edited:
Name one place where if you receive a defective item, you attempt to repair it beforehand and then get your money back after. I would always check with the seller before doing anything.
I got you on ignore. But I’ll indulge this one time.

This ain’t Amazon. This ain’t Best Buy.

This is a small online community that should try to not fuck each other over.

There are plenty of repair people here, of course someone with his skill would try to repair it first, give the benefit of the doubt, even as benign as reflowing solder.
I’ve seen his repairs, he’s no noob.

He plugged it in, wasn’t working, tried a fairly low-level repair attempt, still couldn’t get it to work.
Should he pay more money to get a working one after paying full price for a supposed working one?
Fuck no.

The seller already is refunding the full amount. Your point is moot.

I don't know that I've ever bought a chassis that came with the rgb or power connector.

The little vga breakout thing is definitely an oversight, but the rest of that is part of the cabinet, not the chassis and I'm a little confused why you'd think it would be included.

Or am I missing something here and you're talking about something else?

Every time i have bought a chassis it would come with its rgb and vga (if applicable) connector. These 2 did not and was not mentioned. As well as the power cable direct from the chassis. Hope this pictures clarify it.
But i really didnt want this to be such a huge deal.

Attachments

• 20230302_141708_HDR.jpg
    20230302_141708_HDR.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230302_142512_HDR.jpg
    20230302_142512_HDR.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230302_142120_HDR_(1).jpg
    20230302_142120_HDR_(1).jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 80
Back