What's new
The only large country with strict regulations against importing used stuff like this is Brazil. The US is definitely not going to just destroy your container of old arcade machines as stated in that facebook post, it's not contraband.
I agree that domestic US customs usually wont destroy an entire container of old arcade machines, however a state gaming commission can regulate the import of amusement, vending or gambling machines and could seize the entire container as a violation of the gaming commission's regulations. What qualifies as an "amusement, vending or gambling machine" or whatever term of art they use, will depend on each state's own definition pursuant to that state's own law. If the port that the container is received in is in a state that prohibits or restricts these machines, then it is plausible for the entire container to be seized. If a container had only 1 pachinko machine and that state prohibits gambling machines, then the entire container is subject to seizure. Not saying that is what happened as described in the FB post, but what I described above is possible if the circumstances line up.

Has anyone heard from Yaton?

I bought him a Toei chassis ($280), based on pictures, and the received object was different and broken, not working, with missing components, with THT that held with a "wire" (really with a wire).

He asked me to send him back (€46), the package is in customs in China, I contacted him and He asked me the price for shipment to China, and to wait 1 week in order he took action on his side;

Now I have been waiting for news for more than 2 weeks.

No reply by mail, nor here by PM, yet it connects here today.

I already had several deal with Yaton and all was ok, but for the first time I have an issue...it's really difficult :(

@YATON Could you please come back to me?

Edit: I absolutely do not enjoy writing this message, I am an active actor on the arcade scene, for more than 15 years, and this is the first time I have to do this kind of post...

Last edited:

I bought him a Toei chassis ($280), based on pictures, and the received object was different and broken, not working, with missing components, with THT that held with a "wire" (really with a wire).

He asked me to send him back (€46), the package is in customs in China, I contacted him and He asked me the price for shipment to China, and to wait 1 week in order he took action on his side;

I already had several deal with Yaton and all was ok, but for the first time I have an issue...it's really difficult :(
It's frustrating to have to reply here as I really don't like to bring anything to the public light unless it's really necessary; but I think I've gotten to that point.

I ordered a cab from him in January. The cab was lost at one point, then finally found and was on the container that was confiscated (I assume the same as @Cereth's.) In July, Yaton offered to refund or send another cab. After seeing pictures of what he had available I opted to get a refund and try my luck later. He said to do a PayPal dispute since his account was locked. I did, they (unsurprisingly) would not honor a refund unless he can show an invoice stating that a refund has taken place. Yaton did not make such an invoice in the time I had available with PayPal, so they closed the dispute.

Yaton offered to use wise.com and that was ok with me. I set up an account, got everything ready, and he told me that he didn't have money in his account. No word. Later he said he needs to wait until he's back in town. I haven't heard from him since August 12th. Even tried to contact him on WeChat with no luck. It's disappointing, to say the least. I actually enjoyed some of the back and forth we had over the course of this process. @YATON, if you're out there, I'd appreciate having my $1800 back! I feel I've been extremely patient, kind, and understanding. Please return the gesture.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people that Yaton is currently ghosting. I didn't want to do this either, I gave him nearly a month since he said he'd send me a replacement chassis (the one he shipped was not secured nor packed correctly and got damaged) and he stopped responding two weeks ago. Said he was out of town, traveling. It's possible he got stuck in a lockdown though. I think Shenzen is having some COVID challenges and Chengdu just got locked down, so all of this swirl may explain why he's ghosting us.

It could also just be typical Yaton, since this sounds like it is par for the course, based on the experience others have shared here and on other places online. I'm going to give him another week or so, then I'm giving up and initiating a chargeback.

有人听说过雅顿吗?
莉齐·罗曼
9 RUE GRAND PRÉ
54580 圣艾尔
法国

电话:+33 6 25 91 67 41

我根据图片给他买了一个 Toei 底盘(280 美元),收到的物品不同而且损坏,无法工作,缺少组件,THT 用“电线”(真的用电线)固定。

他让我寄回他(46欧元),包裹在中国海关,我联系了他,他问我运往中国的价格,并等待1周以便他采取行动;

现在我已经等了两个多星期的消息了。

没有邮件回复,也没有 PM 回复,但它今天连接到这里。

我已经和 Yaton 达成了几笔交易,一切都很好,但是我第一次遇到问题……真的很难:(

@YATON 你能回到我身边吗?

编辑:我绝对不喜欢写这个消息,我是街机场景的活跃演员,超过 15 年,这是我第一次做这样的帖子......

@YATON Could you please come back to me?

Edit: I absolutely do not enjoy writing this message, I am an active actor on the arcade scene, for more than 15 years, and this is the first time I have to do this kind of post...
hi. sorry late. i said promise i will resend. the shiper closed 10days not come pick up packages. maybe need wait to next week. also the your returned package.the china costumbres let me need pay about 150usd tex. so i give up.

Add me to the list of people that Yaton is currently ghosting. I didn't want to do this either, I gave him nearly a month since he said he'd send me a replacement chassis (the one he shipped was not secured nor packed correctly and got damaged) and he stopped responding two weeks ago. Said he was out of town, traveling. It's possible he got stuck in a lockdown though. I think Shenzen is having some COVID challenges and Chengdu just got locked down, so all of this swirl may explain why he's ghosting us.

It could also just be typical Yaton, since this sounds like it is par for the course, based on the experience others have shared here and on other places online. I'm going to give him another week or so, then I'm giving up and initiating a chargebackhi.
hi. sorry for your understand. yes. the shiper said next week will pick up .now there are closed. will to track#.

不得不在这里回复令人沮丧,因为除非真的有必要,否则我真的不喜欢将任何东西公之于众;但我想我已经到了那个地步。

我在一月份向他订了一辆出租车。出租车一度丢失,然后终于找到并在被没收的集装箱上(我假设与 @Cereth 的相同。)七月,Yaton 提出退款或发送另一个出租车。在看到他可用的照片后,我选择退款并稍后试试运气。由于他的帐户被锁定,他说要进行 PayPal 纠纷。我做到了,他们(不出所料)不会兑现退款,除非他能出示发票说明已退款。在我使用 PayPal 时,Yaton 没有开出这样的发票,所以他们结束了争议。

Yaton 提出使用 wise.com,这对我来说没问题。我建立了一个账户,一切准备就绪,他告诉我他的账户里没有钱。没话说。后来他说他需要等到他回到城里。自 8 月 12 日以来,我没有收到他的任何消息。甚至尝试在微信上联系他,但没有成功。至少可以这么说,这令人失望。实际上,我很享受我们在这个过程中的一些来回。@YATON,如果你在场,我将不胜感激收回我的 1800 美元!我觉得我一直非常有耐心、善良和理解。请返回手势。

Since you no purchased goods insurance. The insurance company does not pay compensation, the value I declared is the value of the machine 800usd. Shiper just answer back 800usd to me(till this moment not get) . So the extra 1k shipping fee ( Actually it is buyer responsibility), but i have promised will next week send you all 1800usd.

Since you no purchased goods insurance. The insurance company does not pay compensation, the value I declared is the value of the machine 800usd. Shiper just answer back 800usd to me(till this moment not get) . So the extra 1k shipping fee ( Actually it is buyer responsibility), but i have promised will next week send you all 1800usd.
Thank you for replying, James. I look forward to receiving this. I hope you know that if everything goes well, I do plan to make smaller purchases from you in the future. But first I need to have this resolved.

hi. sorry late. i said promise i will resend. the shiper closed 10days not come pick up packages. maybe need wait to next week. also the your returned package.the china costumbres let me need pay about 150usd tex. so i give up.
Hello James,

1. You give Up to recover my parcel in custom?

2. And you will send me another chassis? You are currently waiting on the shiper to pick up package. Do you confirm it?

If I understand correctly, first of all thank you for this feedback, and I am waiting on this new chassis so.

Since you no purchased goods insurance. The insurance company does not pay compensation, the value I declared is the value of the machine 800usd. Shiper just answer back 800usd to me(till this moment not get) . So the extra 1k shipping fee ( Actually it is buyer responsibility), but i have promised will next week send you all 1800usd. so i lost
yes. i will resend other a L292. your address54580 france right

L292 does not match with my yoke/monitor.
It works with Toei 251, 252, 281, and Nanao MS8-25.
what model you purchased from me. sorry so much buyer. some times confusion

An opinion or point that I want to give, it is normal for vendors in China to sell you something different from what they show you and it has happened to me on many occasions. It is a very bad practice that they do. I have previously bought from Yaton and there were two things 4 years ago, it was Taito Type X that arrived bad but I was able to repair it since it was only blown capacitors and a Wei-ya M3129 chassis that works wonderfully to this day.

But that bad practice that most Chinese country sellers have always ends up damaging both their reputation and the economy. I repair electronic equipment from time to time, I always buy from a seller on Aliexpress who is very honest with me in his sales because before sending me the product he sends me a video of the product tested with my name on a label attached to the product and the serial number of the product that coincides with the affixed label. Until today I haven't had any problem. I think that there is a lack of more honesty in sales by sellers in China since most of them spend changing their names so that they do not recognize them and still find them. Already on ebay I see a seller who has changed his name during the 3 years that I bought him, he has created 3 different accounts.

Yeah it happens in the "big leagues" as well, when dealing with mainland vendors. If you don't have an actual guy on the ground there representing you and making sure things stay consistent, you'll see mysterious things start happening, like quality of materials changing or other unasked for cost cutting. It's called getting China'd.

I bought a Toei 252s.
please let me order number. because toei 252s is very rare. usually i not for sale. just myself use to snk u4. also never in my web. thanks

An opinion or point that I want to give, it is normal for vendors in China to sell you something different from what they show you and it has happened to me on many occasions. It is a very bad practice that they do. I have previously bought from Yaton and there were two things 4 years ago, it was Taito Type X that arrived bad but I was able to repair it since it was only blown capacitors and a Wei-ya M3129 chassis that works wonderfully to this day.

But that bad practice that most Chinese country sellers have always ends up damaging both their reputation and the economy. I repair electronic equipment from time to time, I always buy from a seller on Aliexpress who is very honest with me in his sales because before sending me the product he sends me a video of the product tested with my name on a label attached to the product and the serial number of the product that coincides with the affixed label. Until today I haven't had any problem. I think that there is a lack of more honesty in sales by sellers in China since most of them spend changing their names so that they do not recognize them and still find them. Already on ebay I see a seller who has changed his name during the 3 years that I bought him, he has created 3 different accounts.
yes. i very agree your view. it problems are widespread in china. It also inspired me about ( because before sending me the product he sends me a video of the product tested with my name on a label attached to the product and the serial number of the product that coincides with the affixed label.)

Back