What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don't disagree:

I'm just saying sometimes you just need a few more channels!

Ugh the headaches i had of cramping everything in 4 channels with ProTracker. Sometimes ended up like one big puzzle.

Oh I don't disagree:

I'm just saying sometimes you just need a few more channels!
the question is how many "channels" do other Arcade games have. We are not doing such an advanced player that has never been done before in mvs just to play mod files...

Taito type x2 to Neo conversions confirmed! You are a madman!!

New video uploaded:

jogeir liljedahl physical presence module played on mvs.

It is the complete soundtrack. About 6 minutes of 4 channels music in less than 3 Megs of voice rom.

The z80 driver is less than 4Kb.

Actually it sounds like there are some things out of sync in there

Awesome DS!

So we get access to play with the neo geo's sound chip and DAC to get that neo geo sound quality; as well as for future conversions of course :thumbsup:

So what systems/conversions are you targeting? :whistling:

Awesome DS!

So we get access to play with the neo geo's sound chip and DAC to get that neo geo sound quality; as well as for future conversions of course :thumbsup:

So what systems/conversions are you targeting? :whistling:
Yeah...I am in wonderment as well...what systems is he targeting....

YM2610 isn't the right chip for that kind of processing, because the multi channel unit has a fixed sample rate. So a sample is duplicated for each frequency the music requires...

But kudos for proving it can be done.

Sounds like the Amiga old days ^ ^

Seen some vids of the menu, I wonder :
No needs for unibios anymore ?

lol I say that because I just get my hands on an armoured neogeo, and installing unibios on it it's a pain in the ass :-p

So if the multi gives me what I want (blood + english + maybe cheat...) I'm happy

Sounds like the Amiga old days ^ ^

Seen some vids of the menu, I wonder :
No needs for unibios anymore ?
IMHO Unibios hasn't added anything worth in the last years. We will see though.
I like the ability to save scores and region settings on the memory card, so the limit of 8 carts saved in the backup RAM is not an issue anymore. And region select is also very nice.

I have to say while this blows my mind the channels get out of sync still, so while the technical feat is impressive I don't think I could listen to tunes unless that is solved. Is it solvable?

I assume that only happens on these multichannel module conversions and perhaps not with the arcade-related application you are planning? If b/g music on a conversion is off, that kills the experience for me personally.

Second Reality soundtrack gives me goosebumps <3

Those times where I was still young.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back