What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's freaking A W E S O M E !

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Mad props! And thanks for making me feel like a kid again :thumbsup:

You change the slot by pressing up and 1p start for three seconds. It's easy. As far as making it change the game and go right to the demo or title screen like in a real multi slot pcb? Probably somehow but might take a LOT of work. There is so much potential built into the design. Also, just imagine what talented guys can do with the hardware in the future when they can write their own code for it. :)

Some of you may have skipped around the video a bit and missed how to re-enter the menu, you do so by holding p1 start, A and D for three seconds. I want to maybe change this button combo though.

Two notes just since I posted this video:

1. Razoola hater mode is in full effect already (predictable and sad)
2. Two very well known YouTubers have already requested hands-on time for themselves which we have agreed to accommodate.

The point has been made that yes it loads quicker than NeoSD but ours has to reload ram on every boot. I can make another video later. But it reloads all ram for three large games in just seconds. Imagine if you will be one of the people that uses the cart just for one slot. Not gonna be a problem.

And even if the cold-boot time = the full flashing time (which it doesn't), I could flash a game with Darksoft's kit and cold boot 8-10 times in the time it takes NeoSD to flash a single game.

You could have left his comment on YouTube, we woulda backed you up! His is a weak argument anyway (though I'm sure buyers will decide on their own which cart is better.)

Sure NEOSD loads KOF2003 in zero seconds, the second time around. So if you never switch games you can a)actually buy KOF2003 or b)buy a NEOSD and wait 3 minutes for the first flash. If that's your thing, go for it.

I change games, a lot. Neo has so many great games. I'm used to flash carts w/small loading windows for any given play, so the choice is easy.

You could have left his comment on YouTube, we woulda backed you up! His is a weak argument anyway (though I'm sure buyers will decide on their own which cart is better.)

Sure NEOSD loads KOF2003 in zero seconds, the second time around. So if you never switch games you can a)actually buy KOF2003 or b)buy a NEOSD and wait 3 minutes for the first flash. If that's your thing, go for it.

I change games, a lot. Neo has so many great games. I'm used to flash carts w/small loading windows for any given play, so the choice is easy.
It was me who flagged. I wanted Mits to see it, so I clicked report and *bluff* dissapeared 8|

I removed it.

No worries guys, Rot and some of the other guys from the Neo forums are already commenting on the video. Feel free to respond to them. I won't stop you. :P

Oh well. The one other thing the SD has going for it is the work they did on special encryption carts. I think folks lost their shit over MSX passing a CRC check. Are you guys ready for that? I'm sure Raz is going to CRC the shit out of your cart looking for something.

(... and any hints about that 68k based port you were teasing? Not that it's at all required since this cart is FULL OF WIN, I'm just curious)

I mean come on, everyone knows and sees the Darksoft multi is way better, has a ton of features, holds value for the future and it throws you right back into the times you were using your Super Wildcard DX, Pro Fighter, etc. accept for changing the floppies and waiting, waiting, waiting.

Oh well. The one other thing the SD has going for it is the work they did on special encryption carts. I think folks lost their shit over MSX passing a CRC check. Are you guys ready for that? I'm sure Raz is going to CRC the shit out of your cart looking for something.

(... and any hints about that 68k based port you were teasing? Not that it's at all required since this cart is FULL OF WIN, I'm just curious)
ALL GAMES, I REPEAT, ALL GAMES pass the CRC, with the exception of MSX, which will be added on due time.

Great video guys, I'm loving it :)

Part of me wishes you'd have waited until the slot menu screen could be bypassed as that is the one thing from this that could looked at as a negative, despite mentioning several times that this would be resolved for the final version. Regardless, I know there was some pressure to get something up and I'm glad we got to see things as they stand, so mad props :)

I imagine this may have been discussed (if there's an existing post I've missed or forgotten about, can someone link me?) and perhaps this has already been thought of for "single slot" mode but I just want to make sure I understand how that is going to work. While I understand the desire for having multiple games loaded in to virtual slots, based on the video, I think the amount of clicking around, exiting, etc will be confusing to casual players/guests at parties. What I'm hoping for is as a way to just load the menu, select a single game, and without having to do anything else, all the loading and resetting and what have you "just works" at that point and seconds later I'm in game (so like, scroll to a game > hit a button > magic happens > play game). The load times are so short as it is, I don't see any reason to not use it this way most of the time, but most importantly when guests are over who are less familiar with the whole Neo setup in general an who just want to scroll through a menu and select a game and start playing.

I realize that's a personal preference, but I imagine I'm not the only one.

Not a criticism at all, just hoping to better understand how single slot/cart mode will work. I'm not looking for always booting to a single game as if it was a real cart, just boot to menu, select a game and go.

Love the number of options and I know it will only get better with time. Mucho thanks to you guys for everything :thumbup:

The real question is are they sharing that info with mame or hoarding it to themselves. And yes, MSX crc check is near the bottom of our punch out list. It plays fine which is most important to us right now. One game not passing crc check doesn't trump everything else this cart already has going for it. But yes, MSX will pass crc check very soon. Every other game already does, we've been checking.

I imagine this may have been discussed (if there's an existing post I've missed or forgotten about, can someone link me?) and perhaps this has already been thought of for "single slot" mode but I just want to make sure I understand how that is going to work. While I understand the desire for having multiple games loaded in to virtual slots, based on the video, I think the amount of clicking around, exiting, etc will be confusing to casual players/guests at parties. What I'm hoping for is as a way to just load the menu, select a single game, and without having to do anything else, all the loading and resetting and what have you "just works" at that point and seconds later I'm in game (so like, scroll to a game > hit a button > magic happens > play game). The load times are so short as it is, I don't see any reason to not use it this way most of the time, but most importantly when guests are over who are less familiar with the whole Neo setup in general an who just want to scroll through a menu and select a game and start playing.
This is something that IS possible. Just not sure when. It would require booting directly to the game list and then maybe loading the game as soon as you exit the game menu. Not impossible at all.

@Mitsurugi-w if you press 1P Start when you are navigating on any game, it will automatically write it to SLOT1 and boot to it. Give it a try :)
Damn. I completely forgot you told me you added that. I should have shown that too. Oh well. 2nd video will be for the detractors and I will demonstrate this as well.

This is something that IS possible. Just not sure when. It would require booting directly to the game list and then maybe loading the game as soon as you exit the game menu. Not impossible at all.
Awesome. I was planning on using my cart this way 90% of the time. Basically go to the main game list, select the game, and boot right in. I'm amazed at how fast it loads. I expected it to be faster but WOW! You had me cracking up on the last game demo. You were bored at the intro video so you just started playing while the neo was loading. Came close to beating both matches in the time it took to load. If I had to add one feature it would be multiple screenshots. Like in vertical mode if you toggle right you could see 2-3 in-game screenshots. Not needed at all and I would rather have a fast simple menu than a slow menu due to extra media. Love the cart and I will buy one as soon as the mvs orders pop up.

shut up and take my money?
looks awesome, guys, I can't wait!

Edit:
I almost feel bad for the NeoSD guys ;)

Edit 2:
One thing you see from the comparison is that the UI of Darksofts Multi is not as refined (i.e. quick to use), I'm confident that'll change. I'm SO sold on that.

Last edited:
One thing you see from the comparison is that the UI of Darksofts Multi is not as refined (i.e. quick to use), I'm confident that'll change. I'm SO sold on that.
Remember, you can change an option and boot directly to the game list to choose a new game instead of the options screen if you so choose.

@Mitsurugi-w if you press 1P Start when you are navigating on any game, it will automatically write it to SLOT1 and boot to it. Give it a try :)
Excellent. I'd have to double check the video, but if it's not listed on screen as a way to start the game, that definitely needs to put on there so that it's easy to know that's what you should do. Maybe down the road there could just be a "simple" mode that assumes to work like most other multiboards - no options to write to slots, etc, just press start and go. Hell, maybe that's already the plan :)
Edit:I almost feel bad for the NeoSD guys ;)
No you don't :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back