What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes unibios or the older debug bios
Doesn't the cart include every single Unibios functionality apart from the cheats ?Afaik @Darksoft said something along those lines.
AFAIK the functions that the unibios have are:

- All the functions of standard AES/MVS BIOS
- Support for any neogeo model available
- Region select
- Mode select (AES/MVS)
- Jukebox
- Region, mode and scores saving (to memory card)
- Nice UI (I like the color change options)
- Cheats
- CRC checking the P roms of games
- Memory editor/viewer
- Crash manager (exception catcher)

I think the last four are not present on the multicart. Cheats are very used AFAIK (no clue why when you can credit-feed the games, but anyway), CRC checking is useful for determining if a game has issues or not when crashing, but the other two are not hugely used, and useful mainly for debugging/troubleshooting.

Must be a 2hrs video if the upload takes so long 8o
@Mitsurugi-w is sleeping right now....
When does he wake up?
2887540-6005814736-tumbl.jpg

Last edited:
Must be a 2hrs video if the upload takes so long 8o
Sorry. It was 6am and I wasn't waiting another hour before I got some sleep. Just woke at 12:30pm. :P It's 35 minutes long after editing it down. The good stuff is the first 20 minutes and then the last 8 minutes. The middle is demos of games working. Skip to 27:25 when it is posted to see the really good stuff. ;)
yes unibios or the older debug bios
Doesn't the cart include every single Unibios functionality apart from the cheats ?Afaik @Darksoft said something along those lines.
No not EVERY functionality. If you want full Unibios functionality then just use a Unibios. :)
gUYS I FOUND IT ON HIS CHANNEL

Link!!!
Nice try. I keep videos about our products unlisted until Darksoft sees them first in case there is something I need to add.

Great video! Thanks for posting. I would get crazy with those loooong NeoSD loading times. <X Really great job you did here. Now take my money :love:

Last edited:
Well guys, I'm happy to share this video with you. It's been a long wait, but I'm confident it's been worth it.

LINK TO VIDEO HERE:
I, for one, like what I see. The cart has many nice features, like the multicart behavior. I did not get the savestate management part, it seems to me it's used to manage the savestates on the MVS' backup RAM? so the cart cannot save scores/game saves to the SD card? maybe it's my English not being good enough. The speed contest was fun, especially with neosd booting puzzle bobble first, but it's clear that DS one is faster because of the RAM vs FLASH speed. I do however give a point (even if single one) to the other guys for having a cart that boots immediately once a game has been written to it. I understand it's because of the RAM, and that it's not a long wait, but on a real arcade setup, that can have its merits. All in all, I think there's market for both products.

TL;DR: I'll get your cart Darksoft. :)

Well guys, I'm happy to share this video with you. It's been a long wait, but I'm confident it's been worth it.

LINK TO VIDEO HERE:
I, for one, like what I see. The cart has many nice features, like the multicart behavior. I did not get the savestate management part, it seems to me it's used to manage the savestates on the MVS' backup RAM? so the cart cannot save scores/game saves to the SD card? maybe it's my English not being good enough. The speed contest was fun, especially with neosd booting puzzle bobble first, but it's clear that this one is faster because of the RAM vs FLASH speed. I do however give a point (even if single) to the other guys for having a cart that boots immediately once a game has been written to it. I understand it's because of the RAM, and that it's not a long wait, but on a real arcade setup, that can have its merits.
TL;DR: I'll get your cart Darksoft. :)
that thing that boots to the menu after writing a game will be removed soon. So time will be as Mitsurugi showed on the timer.

Ok, video is posted, and as always its beyond expectations. Congrats on another amazing product! :thumbup:

So onto the important question, when do you take my $$/pre-orders open ?( :thumbsup:

LMAO! (Can't stop laughing)

Screenshot_20170430-204645.png

Honestly I was skeptical about overloading the menu, but you guys nailed it! The configuration possibilities are impressive, no need to use bootleg BIOses anymore!

Loading times are terrific, DDR was the right move to make (thanks for listening to our recommendation)

I want to say thank you for making our dream come true, your continuous support and community alignment makes us feel that this product is OUR product.

So... How can I use now my pre-order slot? :)

As someone who wrote VHDL for years and created ASICs, the amount of work for the Embedded system that is this PCB is really amazing. The hardware and software seems really polished. I'm very happy and eager to support this when it is released on AES.

Also as someone, who is very new to Neo, the menu choice is really nice because now I can get a preview of what's there and explore more than I have been.

Really nice work.

TBH, the only reason I was able to justify a NEO was this card. I have too many other responsibilities in the real world to spend money on NEO, but this lets me play the games on real hardware and it's an awesome compromise for me.

Thanks Again Guys for giving me a way to adhere to a promise I made to 12 year old me in an arcade when NEO first came out :)

Looks like it's shaping up very well!

This would be pretty awesome to add to a six-slot system for eight usable slots!

I'm sure some of you remember this (fake) picture:

8slottop.jpg

Is it possible to make the virtual slots act as real slots so a reset isn't required?

That would be a pretty awesome option to add for multi-slot users.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back