What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
my 2 bits worth is standard game menu like on teh 161 in 1 and maybe if its possibe to have that menu where you can disable some games or enable them (but not esential ) and where that menu can be updated by darksoft via a STFM discovery

I'd be happy even if this wasn't a multicart as the everdrives, but just a well-made and high-quality multicart with no hacks but all the officially-made games included and without bugs/missing audio samples/beta versions, etc. Maybe even with the hacks, since some are usuful (SVC Plus). It would not useful for home-brewing, but I think people wanting to do that already have the means to do it (Neobitz, NG:Dev etc.) and it would have almost instant loading times (like current multicarts) and I think it could be less expensive (like current multicarts) however I believe there are legal barriers that avoid doing so?

Regards.

Is the SDCard decided yet? I read on neo-geo.com forums that it may be possible to make the cart in such way that it would connect directly to a PC (USB?) and the PC would flash directly the romz to the cart. That way it would be like a huge multicart with fast access to the games? however I believe it would need huge amounts of flash ram, which would increase cost...I mean, is it even possible to do it like that?

Regards.

The design is going to be very similar to the CPS2 or STV cart. So it will have a microSD card, many flash ROMs, an ARM processor, a CPLD and a bunch of logic.

I have begun coding the menu now. You will have two options:

1. An onscreen menu that must be navigated using your hands. It will interface with an Xbox Kinect. (XBONE version will include voice commands.

2. In lieu of an LCD you can connect your Ipad to the cart via usb and choose your game via touch. Swipe left to right to select genre or whatever you set up on the SD card then tap to load the game.

But you'll have to think in Russian for it to work with thought.
You can not think in English and translate, you must think Russian.
Think Russian.

Think Russian.
Funny you mention that. I'm actually leaning Russian now.

Think Russian.
Funny you mention that. I'm actually leaRning Russian now.
let's hope your Russian spelling is better than your English spelling, otherwise a slip of the tongue could get you shot ;)

unless LEANING Russian is a new up-beat style of standing? ;)

1. An onscreen menu that must be navigated using your hands. It will interface with an Xbox Kinect. (XBONE version will include voice commands.

2. In lieu of an LCD you can connect your Ipad to the cart via usb and choose your game via touch. Swipe left to right to select genre or whatever you set up on the SD card then tap to load the game.
what a high level troll

iPads, fine. But not through USB. This is retro stuff, so let's go all out. Have it connected through a parallel port.

And also have it encased in a massive beige shell.

let's hope your Russian spelling is better than your English spelling, otherwise a slip of the tongue could get you shot
I know. 4am typing is bad to me. I forgot the R and its supposed to be backwards....
Just use an Atari Mindlink and we'll be good to go.
Maybe a trackball?

I would have to agree that on-screen menu would be desirable. Even with the CPS2 multi I split roms across SD cards to reduce the amount of scrolling through the LCD menu that is needed. NEO-GEO would be simply shocking :p

(as an aside, I am laughing my ass off at neo-geo.com forum right now)

My iPad with Camera Connection Kit is ready.

(as an aside, I am laughing my ass off at neo-geo.com forum right now)
Which part? I browsed the forums and didn't see anything that caught my eye. Are they talking shit about us again?

EDIT: Found it. They put it immediately into the War Room. Why did we leave that site again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back