What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would actually be a good idea, if they would release a version for the multi which ONLY contains 1 level or something like that, so people may buy it after testing.

However it's their call, not mine.
That would be awesome and it would boost up their sales, if the games are that good.

yeah its a nice thought, but given the amount of copy protection they design and bake into their carts, i'd doubt they'd be comfortable releasing unprotected demos of their titles.

Unfortunately. :\

edit: likely out of fear of reverse engineering ways around their hardware level prevention methods.

edit2: purely speculative on my part, and only based on the amounts of protection they appear to do, tbh I don't know ngdev all that well.

It means it will hold up to 4 games at the same time, they can be the ones you want and in the order you want. They'll be loaded from MicroSD on startup.
Hi Darksoft,

So does it mean that we will have to plug in 1 SD card with many games in it but 4 will load on startup.. so how do I load the next 4 games from it? I am sorry I am getting confused, if you can explain... :)

It means it will hold up to 4 games at the same time, they can be the ones you want and in the order you want. They'll be loaded from MicroSD on startup.
Hi Darksoft,
So does it mean that we will have to plug in 1 SD card with many games in it but 4 will load on startup.. so how do I load the next 4 games from it? I am sorry I am getting confused, if you can explain... :)
You can upload UP TO 4 games at the same time. You choose which games you want to be already loaded in the cartridge using the menu.

Hi Darksoft,So does it mean that we will have to plug in 1 SD card with many games in it but 4 will load on startup.. so how do I load the next 4 games from it? I am sorry I am getting confused, if you can explain... :)
You can upload UP TO 4 games at the same time. You choose which games you want to be already loaded in the cartridge using the menu.
So, if I got this right: I can have a microSD inserted in the cart with as many romz as I want to, but I can just choose 4 to be uploaded to the cart's memory. I can play those immediately. If I want to upload a different one I use a menu in the cart to choose and upload a different one, but I have to wait some seconds for the game to upload. Is that correct?

Hi Darksoft,So does it mean that we will have to plug in 1 SD card with many games in it but 4 will load on startup.. so how do I load the next 4 games from it? I am sorry I am getting confused, if you can explain... :)
So, if I got this right: I can have a microSD inserted in the cart with as many romz as I want to, but I can just choose 4 to be uploaded to the cart's memory. I can play those immediately. If I want to upload a different one I use a menu in the cart to choose and upload a different one, but I have to wait some seconds for the game to upload. Is that correct?
That's it !! :thumbup:

Any thoughts on the label or just going for the basic MVS VHS-Type label?
wouldnt mvs purists want the label to be plain, as similar to a stock cart as possible?

That's what i assume, i also assume the AES variant would have a bit more of an artsy sticker art style.

Yeah, as someone who does a little bit of NG homebrew, I'm looking forward to this cart just as much to play my own stuff on real hardware as to replace my 161-in-1. But I'd never want to take money from the people who actually try and make a living selling NG games.

wouldnt mvs purists want the label to be plain, as similar to a stock cart as possible?
That's what i assume, i also assume the AES variant would have a bit more of an artsy sticker art style.
We'll sort it out stickers and boxes later... Actually saveyourgames.it has shock cases for both systems already.... and stickers is easy to print, just need a good designer :)
Alex? You there?

wouldnt mvs purists want the label to be plain, as similar to a stock cart as possible?That's what i assume, i also assume the AES variant would have a bit more of an artsy sticker art style.
We'll sort it out stickers and boxes later... Actually saveyourgames.it has shock cases for both systems already.... and stickers is easy to print, just need a good designer :) Alex? You there?
i know that is too soon to ask but I like to be prepared, do you initially will sell the multicard by yourself or from distributors like saveyourgames.it?

wouldnt mvs purists want the label to be plain, as similar to a stock cart as possible?That's what i assume, i also assume the AES variant would have a bit more of an artsy sticker art style.
We'll sort it out stickers and boxes later... Actually saveyourgames.it has shock cases for both systems already.... and stickers is easy to print, just need a good designer :) Alex? You there?
i know that is too soon to ask but I like to be prepared, do you initially will sell the multicard by yourself or from distributors like saveyourgames.it?
Most probably via distributors.

Hello Friend.

This is an interesting project!!!

It is possible to include an option to select the BIOS and hardware system without using a UNIBIOS?

I read something about a MVS to AES adapter that includes a options menu similar to UNIBIOS, I think who it can be a good idea.

Hello Friend.

This is an interesting project!!!

It is possible to include an option to select the BIOS and hardware system without using a UNIBIOS?

I read something about a MVS to AES adapter that includes a options menu similar to UNIBIOS, I think who it can be a good idea.
This is only a cart replacement. It will still be up to you to provide the bios on your motherboard.

Yes I know this but I saw those options in the "Magic Key Converter".

This adapter include a options menu similar to UNIBIOS and it is instaler on the cartige not in console.

Look this post:

https://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=7535.0

I think who it can be a good idea include those options in the project.

Last edited:
Yes I know this but I saw those options in the "Magic Key Converter".

This adapter include a options menu similar to UNIBIOS and it is instaler on the cartige not in console.

Look this post:

I think who it can be a good idea include those options in the project.
The chances of that happening are extremely close to zero. The UniBIOS, on which this adapter is based, was used without permission. Even more, the relations between UniBIOS' author and Darksoft/Mitsu are not that good, so it's not likely that any piece of the UniBIOS will be included in the cart. Just get a UniBIOS chip, install it and be happy.

Oui, je sais cela, mais je l'ai vu ces options dans le "Magic Key Converter".

Cet adaptateur comprend un menu d'options similaire à Unibios et il est instaler sur le cartige pas dans la console.

Regardez ce post:

Je pense qui il peut être une bonne idée inclure ces options dans le projet.
Les chances que cela se produise sont extrêmement proches de zéro.
simply the best option

When start the beta test @Darksoft

the relations between UniBIOS' author and Darksoft/Mitsu are not that good
That's putting it mildly.....and now because of what they did to my account at NG.com a few days ago there never will be any relations again. But I was fine with that anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back