What's new
That folder is not public and requires each person to request access. Can you open it for everyone?

I am not sure if it’s the issue, but that resistor where your key writing wires go doesn’t need to be connected. You should be able to remove that without issues.

I just had a look. That is an old kit. I can't see any shorts on the ARM, but definitely those cables look like a bit bigger than I anticipated and they can make contact with other resistors or parts.

I also see like 2 small "hairs" or something like that. Can you tell me what is that? Is that an electric part? The microSD also seems like it may be too slow for the job.

I would suggest that you have a look at this thread to check the basic things, like your PCBs are sitting properly, etc.: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-fixing-your-cps2-multi-kit.7442/

and first of all try the game without the key writing cables. Try those that have a key which is full of 0xFFFFFFFFF

I just had a look. That is an old kit. I can't see any shorts on the ARM, but definitely those cables look like a bit bigger than I anticipated and they can make contact with other resistors or parts.
==> thanks, I will use some smaller cable and see if i
I also see like 2 small "hairs" or something like that. Can you tell me what is that? Is that an electric part?
The microSD also seems like it may be too slow for the job.
==> yep, it’s definitively cat’s hairs X(
==> my 16GB sd (partitioned) is a classe 1. Is that good?
I would suggest that you have a look at this thread to check the basic things, like your PCBs are sitting properly, etc.: https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-fixing-your-cps2-multi-kit.7442/

and first of all try the game without the key writing cables. Try those that have a key which is full of 0xFFFFFFFFF
==> I don’t see what game you’re referring to?

@neopsycho download the decrypted set from here: https://archive.org/download/darksoft

Reformat your SD card and try to use that set without any of the key writing wires connected whatsoever.

Also make sure you short the EXC5 in case there are any keys still present.

Try multiple SD cards if you still have problems.

I am not sure if it’s the issue, but that resistor where your key writing wires go doesn’t need to be connected. You should be able to remove that without issues.
I was not sure, but I will test without the R bridge

@neopsycho download the decrypted set from here: https://archive.org/download/darksoft

Reformat your SD card and try to use that set without any of the key writing wires connected whatsoever.

Also make sure you short the EXC5 in case there are any keys still present.

Try multiple SD cards if you still have problems.
So! I resume my futures tests:
- test 1 : take of resistor on CN connector
- test 2 : replace key writing cable with a smaller one
- test 3: take of key writing and test with decrypted games (and Exc5 shorted for 2min)
- test bis for all : try multiple Sd

Yes, that sounds good, although I would try first test 3 and then test 2. I see your microSD has no brand. I recommend investing a bit in a microSD from a trusted reliable source. It will avoid you a lot of headaches.

I have had no issues with SanDisk Ultra 8GB and 16GB cards with both versions of the multi. Just make sure you buy from a reputable store or trusted seller.

The cheap brand that Walmart sells astheir store brand works great. I keep them stocked up here.

Thanks a lot for you help! I’ll test it and come back to give you an update.
;)

Hi every one!
I give you an little update about my issue.
I tried :
- test 1 : taking off resistor on CN2 ==> fail
- test 2: replace key writing cable for a smaller one ==> fail
- test 3 : remove key writing cable and lunch OLD decrypted games ==> fail
For all the test I used 2 micro SDHC card
- 4Gb transcend
- 16Gb Sandisc ultra (not detected till a resized partition, but key writings freeze)
I suspect that my issue is the SD card.
Maybe I made a mistake in sd card format (Fat32) or folder content (/games).

Other information :
I have configured jumpers as ask in the 3.1 tutorial. Maybe I should back at original.

Last edited:
Hi ^^
Yesterday tests have failed, so today i order 2 différents SD cards
- Samsung classe 4 8gb (same as in the pdf file)
- Kingston classe 4 8gb
Thanks to the Paris Lockdown I’m supposed to revive them this weekend.
Wish me luck!
If you have any idea for my problem! I ready to test!
By the way i think I’ll reset jumper in factory position.
Thanks a lot for your time !

Back