What's new
I have lot of glitch with all 3.3 version....

20210946.jpg

your motherboard is probably toasted, I have seen this once before by improperly connecting the data cable to the CD room
I know your not using the CD room but by having a loose or improperly connection and giving the board power you kill one of the chips
have you tried running a game with regular SIMM's?

your motherboard is probably toasted, I have seen this once before by improperly connecting the data cable to the CD room
I know your not using the CD room but by having a loose or improperly connection and giving the board power you kill one of the chips
have you tried running a game with regular SIMM's?
Not, I have same issue with other mb. All other game run except sf 3.3

Last edited:
Does 3.3 work with regular SIMMs and a SuperBios ?
I have seen this issue on a mobo, all other games worked but not 3.3 (backgrounds garbled, sprites and musics all OK).
With a SuperBIOS the SIMM6 & 7 showed the same data !?
Issue with SIMM6 slot I guess, or a custom chip.

Does 3.3 work with regular SIMMs and a SuperBios ?
Yes it's working.

I undestand the problem, I success to re programmed all simms but one dont recognize by adpter, and when I succeded to program it the process bar freezzed. It was the SIMM6, and i assume that's one part of code of SF3.3 inside, so corrupt. SIMM died maybe?

I swapped SIMM 6 and SIMM 3 I reprogram it and now 3.3 run well but Jojo glitched, so I assume that this simm (3) is died.

Is there instructions on how to create your own SIMM files for burning? The roll up pack on archive uses version B for 3rd strike. We prefer version A for locals.

I think it's explained somewhere but basically for the 1Gbit simms, each file that you find on the CD corresponds to one simm (30,40,50 and 60). The programm rom simms need to be splitted in 2 as each flash outputs 16 bits on each read but the sh2 needs 32 bits for each instruction.

If you open the files with an hex editor you will see immediately what I mean.

I think it's explained somewhere but basically for the 1Gbit simms, each file that you find on the CD corresponds to one simm (30,40,50 and 60). The programm rom simms need to be splitted in 2 as each flash outputs 16 bits on each read but the sh2 needs 32 bits for each instruction.

If you open the files with an hex editor you will see immediately what I mean.
Yeah I am too dumb to figure out hex editing :( . I thought it was just something simple like add your files and patch them.

Last edited:
looks like it's only the reTHIRD version that is version B. I didn't realize that I was playing this version until I saw the elena stage. I will just use regular version, as this one is version A

My UltraSIMMS just came in. I have flashed the BIOS in the card with the UltraBIOS + CD support. The menu appears correctly, but when I try to write a game it gives me ERROR 23 error writing between 2-4%, am I doing something wrong?

You are trying to write them manually to the SIMM's from the menu instead of using a PROMAN?

My UltraSIMMS just came in. I have flashed the BIOS in the card with the UltraBIOS + CD support. The menu appears correctly, but when I try to write a game it gives me ERROR 23 error writing between 2-4%, am I doing something wrong?
So you flashed your security cart with ultabios+cd. And now you are trying to flash games to the ultrasimms via the cps3?

Yes. I thought that was possible.

Nope, the game selection menu is for flashing standard SIMMs with a SCSI CDROM or equivalent attached to load the data in from.

You use the DIP switch board to select the game you want to play with the UltraSIMMs, but the UltraSIMMs have to be pre-flashed with a Proman programmer first.

I can program the UltraSIMMs for you for just the cost of shipping if you like. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Nope, the game selection menu is for flashing standard SIMMs with a SCSI CDROM or equivalent attached to load the data in from.

You use the DIP switch board to select the game you want to play with the UltraSIMMs, but the UltraSIMMs have to be pre-flashed with a Proman programmer first.

I can program the UltraSIMMs for you for just the cost of shipping if you like. Shoot me a PM if interested.
I really appreciate the offer. I have a programmer on it's way, but I was being impatient. Thanks for setting me straight.

Back