What's new
Another thing to add is you typically want to run these games in Type B or C. Type A is for table cabinets with P1 & P2 controls on opposite sides of the table, so the screen will flip between their turns. Type B is for cabinets with separate P1 & P2 controls on the same side (as a typical cabinet), Type C is for cabinets with only a single set of controls (P1 & P2 will alternate).

I used Galaga 88 as donor.
My EEPROM has been replaced with a SEEQ EEP-ROM.
All memory and ROM tests pass in the test mode of Dragon Spirit.

I have the proper sounds in Shadowlands as per the yt video.
In the Japanese version of Shadowlands I have white sprites.

In Dragon Spirit (I believe it was set 2) I noticed that the flame being shot from the first boss (Green Dragon) was split in two on diagonal fire. I will try to capture this later but if anyone is playing Dragon Spirit tonight please see if the same happens to you.

I managed to capture a GIF from the attract mode of Dragon Spirit (DS2) showing the fragmented fire-balls. It has to be DS2 since DS3 has been rebalanced and the attract mode ends earlier.

What I would like to know is if this is normal behaviour on a stock Dragon Spirit (DS2) PCB ?

https://imgur.com/a/jqXXWgz

I managed to capture a GIF from the attract mode of Dragon Spirit (DS2) showing the fragmented fire-balls. It has to be DS2 since DS3 has been rebalanced and the attract mode ends earlier.

What I would like to know is if this is normal behaviour on a stock Dragon Spirit (DS2) PCB ?

https://imgur.com/a/jqXXWgz

I think it's normal operation.

I used the Youkaidouchuki donor.
I won't say much lol.
I'm looking forward to the improvements.

DSC_1180.JPGDSC_1181.JPGDSC_1182.JPGDSC_1183.JPG

Reactions: dos
I produced an Installation Tutorial video for the System 1 Multi. Here's a link:
View: https://youtu.be/gnweE6CQa6c

The kit is working fine for me except for the incorrect sound sample issues that have already been mentioned in this thread. I have a SEEQ EPROM on order to enable the games that won't boot without it. It also seems that Berabow Man, Faceoff, and Questar that won't work with joystick controls.

Got my SEEQ today and popped it in, works great but as expected Yokai Dochuki looks like a klan rally

P1060309.JPG

What a shame, I guess I'll have to settle for playing the English version and the 21 other games on this system :D

Sorry if I missed it - is it possible to rotate the games in the settings if you are using a horizontal monitor setup?

Sorry if I missed it - is it possible to rotate the games in the settings if you are using a horizontal monitor setup?
What do you mean by 'horizontal monitor setup'? Just regular non-tate mode? You can flip the video orientation 180* if that is what you are asking. For most of us the video is upside-down by default.

I produced an Installation Tutorial video for the System 1 Multi. Here's a link:
Great video and useful information.
I tried reseating everything again to see if it would solve my audio sample issues...
No dice.
I still got mixed up samples :(
Everything else works very nicely though.

Hello everyone. This is a small update. Voice Samples issue has been hopefully fixed a few of you received a PM with information about how to fix it. As soon as this is confirmed I'll post more about it.

Regarding the Borahboh Man, thanks to @KRG we have a version that is fully working now. Also more information will be posted about this.

The issue with rotated/flipped screen is related to the cabinet type which is selected and written in the EEPROM. Everytime that you change a game, the stored information might have changed and you need to move the Dip Switch 1 to ON and change the cabinet type to C, which is what works on most cases.

We will update the instructions, but it's a known fact that Shadowland/Yokai Douchuuki will not run without a SEEQ EEP-ROM. So you need to replace that one if you want to place that game and have the EXEL.

Last but not least, the issue with white sprites is being investigated, but we'll sure find where the problem is. No worries.

Stay cool and merry X'mas.

The issue with rotated/flipped screen is related to the cabinet type which is selected and written in the EEPROM. Everytime that you change a game, the stored information might have changed and you need to move the Dip Switch 1 to ON and change the cabinet type to C, which is what works on most cases.
You don't need to move DIP1.

If your cabinet / supergun is equipped with the standard JAMMA TEST / SERVICE buttons just hold in TEST and keep holding it.

While holding the test button you can use the joystick and buttons to set the parameters to EEPROM.

Back