What's new
I've just installed the Namco System 1 Multi and it is working great so far; I'm missing a SEEQ chip for now so I've got one ordered before trying the full list of games.

However here's a precautionary tale: If you remove the dipswitch block for whatever reason, make sure you reinstall it over all of the pins; the shroud around the pins on the multi allows you to install the dipswitches to the left or right by one pair of pins. When I did that, I got nothing but a black screen when I powered on. Thankfully all I did was try pressing the boards together before I spotted what I had done. I nearly ended up taking the boards apart, removing the multi and reinstalling all of the original chips to troubleshoot.

That's why the instructions say to carefully check that all pins are in place before pushing them together ;)
Well, that section is really about the main multi PCB, but yeah, fair point :). I had actually confirmed everything was initially working with a few games and then removed the dipswitch block to see if I preferred having it on the extension cable. It was only when I put it directly back on the PCB that I got it wrong. So I went from a fully working multi to no games working, that was when I started checking the multi was still seated correctly, etc. when in reality there was nothing wrong with those connections, it was just the dipswitch block in slightly the wrong place.

No harm done, just an FYI given a black screen seems to have been a common symptom to a few different problems. This was thankfully a simple case of user error.

Sorry to ask but what exactly do I need to make shadowland run? My board hast the exel chip on U1

Seeq 2816 is what Namco originally used, while you’ve linked to a Seeq 2817. It might work, but get a 2816 if you want to be 100% sure. I posted an EBay purchase link a few posts back.

No programming of the Seeq is required-just install it and the board will erase it and set it up on its own.

Seeq 2816 is what Namco originally used, while you’ve linked to a Seeq 2817. It might work, but get a 2816 if you want to be 100% sure. I posted an EBay purchase link a few posts back.

No programming of the Seeq is required-just install it and the board will erase it and set it up on its own.
Thanks. I saw your post. But it is in the USA. Need to find it in Europe. Thanks also for pointing out the number and the other facts.

I installed the Namco System 1 Multi recently, It worked great. Thanks to @Darksoft and everyone who contributed to this awesome multi project, @Johnfan1986 for the donor board and @HighScoreSaves for carrying the Multi.

After playing most of the games, I have these questions:
- Does anyone know how to get the Jump to work in Beraboh Man or Bravo Man?
- Does anyone have problem with the dip switch not working when installing directly to the multi? I have to use the included ribbon cable to select a game. I may installed it facing the wrong direction.

I installed the Namco System 1 Multi recently, It worked great. Thanks to @Darksoft and everyone who contributed to this awesome multi project, @Johnfan1986 for the donor board and @HighScoreSaves for carrying the Multi.

After playing most of the games, I have these questions:
- Does anyone know how to get the Jump to work in Beraboh Man or Bravo Man?
- Does anyone have problem with the dip switch not working when installing directly to the multi? I have to use the included ribbon cable to select a game. I may installed it facing the wrong direction.

Pressing different directions on the Player 2 joystick triggers the three levels of jump for Bravo Man.

While working on my Namco S1 multi I bumped into a problem with my Proman TL86 progammer. I tried updating the firmware as suggested by a few members and now the Proman is very unresponsive. It doesn't turn up 90% of the time and it looks like when it does it is in 'Upgrade Mode' as the green LED flashes 4 times when in does boot.

The include CD comes with many software and firmware versions as well and many upgrade tool versions. Some of those firmware files fail to be downloaded to the programmer.

I know it is a firmware issue since powering up with the tweezers on one connected adapter always turns on the device properly to 'Updrade Mode'. It looks like it is stuck on that mode somehow. Can anyone of you PM me the software file, updrade tool and a firmware file that are known to work? Thanks in advance.

Back