What's new
Congrats!

Surprisingly the included sample filament is actually pretty decent. Usually they throw some cheap and nasty stuff in there.

The shipping from EU isn't an option anymore :( Guess I'll have to wait until that option shows up again.

I would speculate that stock was tapped out during their black friday sales, prices were pretty darn good.

One issue I've discovered is that my glass print bed is warped. It's about .25mm lower in the center than in the corners. I didn't notice this with the included filament, but when I switched to Overture filament from Amazon I was getting poor first layer adhesion and on closer inspection I found the warp in the print bed. I've sent an email to their customer service department, we'll see what they say.

People have been using foil strategically placed in a cross pattern between the metal build plate and glass bed.

Ensuring the glass is clean, use isopropyl and wipe it down or wash it in soapy water, really helps with adhesion.

Another workaround is to print on a raft.

I've got a BL Touch installed so haven't noticed these issues myself.

I have to check my plate too. Started using the Prusa slicer and got very bad adhesion. Even the brims would fold up. Then I noticed that the default setting was a 0.35 initial layer in the Prusa slicer. Once I changed that to 0.2, the adhesion was fine again. So far I have only used the Sovol filament. Should get a couple of spools of Prusa filament early next week.

So the BL touch will measure the bed and compensate accordingly?

You still need to manually level the bed to a fair degree of accuracy. The BL Touch will then make adjustments based upon irregularities between different spots of the bed. So for example if your front left corner is sitting lower than the front right corner, it will compensate for this during printing.

It's handy as it provides a readout at various points of the bed of the distance from the extruder to the bed, so you have an idea of how level your bed is (is one side dipping etc).

Don't think of it as a magical auto levelling device, it's a device to hone in and level your prints with a higher degree of accuracy than what you can do by hand.

I ordered mine with the BL Touch upgrade, I just haven't gone through the setup process with it yet. It sounds like once I have that set up it will compensate for the slight warping of my print bed. If that's the case then I guess I really have no complaints.

Use the TH3D firmware when you install the BL Touch. It's in the files section of the FB user group.

PETG green filament, CPS2 LCD holder. Not bad for a first attempt at printing PET.
78358669_10218906434664913_3361613607715471360_o.jpg

Printing a set of CPS2 A board buttons with the same PETG green filament. Thinking it should match my green Japanese B board shell nicely.

Matching buttons. Time to put it all together and see how it looks....

78907893_10218906831114824_1876945337357172736_n.jpg

got my BL Touch sensor on friday. After some initial trouble it seems to work fine. steps I took are:

- install sensor
- updated Firmware to TH3D with BL Touch support from the Facebook group files
- send the printer to home (middle of the bed by default)
- drop Z-Axis to 0 (home is 5 mm above the bed)
- adjust the z-offset with the paper method
- store settings (my printer screetches when I store the settings. Not sure if that is a confirmation noise :) )
- adjust the startup g-code in the slicer software to trigger BL Touch initialisation (G29) before the print but after sending the extruder to the home position (G28)
- test print and adjust z-offset whilst printing if required for finetuning

Hey @Frank_fjs What X, Y offests did you use for the BL Touch mount? I am using the one that Sovol included with my printer bundle. I'm having trouble getting my bed leveling points centered on the print bed.

Last edited:
Which firmware are you using?

I'm actually having the same issue but it's not affecting levelling in the sense that the bed is still being probed in approximately the right spots.

I'm in the process of downloading both the TH3D and Sovol firmware and examining the source code...

I believe the offset with the official Sovol metal bracket is approx -33m x -4mm.

The probe of the BL Touch will be referenced as centre, not the print nozzle.

I have both firmware sources (Sovol and TH3D) and am in the process of compiling my own Marlin firmware from scratch.

On another note, decided to print on the reverse side of the bed. Love the finish, mirror like, so smooth.
79301709_10218956270030766_1179444542567350272_n.jpg

@Frank_fjswhat settings did you use t oprint the PETG? Tried to print some CPS2 buttons with the Prusa Slicer settings for the Prusa PET but got a lot of stringing and the print was not very nice. I am not sure if the temparature is too high at 240C.

235 nozzle, 70 bed and I sped up and reduced retraction.

Back