What's new

DangerousDad

Beginner
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Been lurking on the threads for quite a while and finally made an account (an incentive was accessing that Vewlix Owner Appreciation Thread that requires you to make an account lol).

I got an FC and an L recently for a good price with the expectation that I do all the restoration work myself (both have dodgy screens, need deep cleaning, painting, riveting, sanding, and so on). I shall soon be asking my questions in that thread and working on my own restoration posts for you all to follow along and hopefully share the knowledge I acquire that can be useful for the community.

What is everyone's favorite version of the Vewlix? The L's black and white (well, yellow-ish for now, anyway) is really growing on me. Hoping to make it look nice when everything's said and done.

Attachments

• my_vewlix.jpeg
    my_vewlix.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 35
Welcome! I like my FCs the most overall I think but I end up playing the DIA Black more because it’s in my office. Good luck on the restorations!

Welcome!

I got a Vewlix Diamond Orange for the 1080p screen, but I ended up upgrading the screen anyway (1440p for integer multiples of 240, 480, and 720). Shrug!

Welcome to the group!

I have an L-ami so that's my favorite :D The black and blue color scheme with a bit of gray is perfect for my tastes.

Attachments

• 20230418_185657.jpg
    20230418_185657.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230126_165318.jpg
    20230126_165318.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to our nerdy, cozy little corner of the internet. If you have any questions about superguns, building arcade sticks, or vintage stereo gear please feel free to reach out as those are my areas of knowledge. I also do a mean packing job on PCBs so if you sell anything here and want any advice on packaging please reach out :thumbup:

Welcome from another Vewlix Dad!

Diamond Blues get my vote, although I am a little biased. I have twins so luckily I don't have to choose my favourite child ^^

i-fkdqwzw-x3-jpg.101670

There's lots of good info and a lot of knowledgeable and willing people here too. Have fun!

Back