What's new
I keep repeating myself, but compatible tubes are common. Go ahead and grab that badly burned 19" WG. Donor TV will more than likely not only have a compatible tube, but a compatible yoke as well. It's just a case of swapping over the yoke leads, you don't have to mess with yoke.

@acblunden2's post here outlines this:

Random Yet Necessary Hobbyist Activity of the Day

I keep repeating myself, but compatible tubes are common. Go ahead and grab that badly burned 19" WG. Donor TV will more than likely not only have a compatible tube, but a compatible yoke as well. It's just a case of swapping over the yoke leads, you don't have to mess with yoke.

How do you do a yoke lead swap? I was under the impression that, the lead was part of the yoke and the only way to swap the lead was by cutting the cabs..is there a tutorial on this?

edit - I see how it’s done.. on my 13” tube there are 4 tiny copper wires soldered to the yoke lead and going into the yoke copper ring.. I guess that those four wires would need to be solder back into the new lead??

Last edited:

I've said it ten times in this thread too. No one wants to put in the work though.

Almost none of the places I listed would ever have an arcade monitor, only TVs.

I've had no issues wandering around socal picking up 19/20" TVs for this. I even got paid to bring that 40" XBR home in my adventures.

Just need to figure out which WG model is compatible (KLOV says it's one of two for most tubes).

All paid up for 2 green.

If anyone has a 19 WG chassis that needs caps. I would like to buy 2

All paid on my 2 deposits for x2 green

If anyone has some 19” chassis for sale. I would like to purchase 2

How do you do a yoke lead swap?
Like this:

In this thread we tube and yoke swap monitors

Just need to figure out which WG model is compatible (KLOV says it's one of two for most tubes).
It's the one with the B8-294 / CR-31 neck connector. If you get one with the 'wrong' B10-277 / CR-23 connector I'll gladly buy it from you ;)

I even got paid to bring that 40" XBR home in my adventures.
Haha, no shit? That's awesome.

Like this:

It's the one with the B8-294 / CR-31 neck connector. If you get one with the 'wrong' B10-277 / CR-23 connector I'll gladly buy it from you ;)

Yeah! I think the dude thought we were poor because we were there for a CRT, lol.

He had this massive house and a few 80-100k cars in the driveway.

He absolutely would not let me not take $40 "for gas" on top of the 40" XBR700.

Like this:

Yeah! I think the dude thought we were poor because we were there for a CRT, lol.
He had this massive house and a few 80-100k cars in the driveway.

He absolutely would not let me not take $40 "for gas" on top of the 40" XBR700.
That’s where I go like...hey..do you have a daughter? Father in law :thumbsup:

The page for ordering is up. Please let me know if there are any problems.

http://www.gamesaru.net/mini_cute_repo

I'm thinking of using an email CC list to send out important updates, and/or will post here. If you are coming from here, please note your screenname so I can properly link information with users. First deposit of $500 will be expected by end of the month, you can just send PayPal Friends & Family (NO FEES, I'm not dealing with that crap), or Zelle to (775) 544-0465. Either way, it would be helpful if you can note in the comments when and how you are intending to pay the balance. In the case of Zelle where you can't easily put comments in the payment, you can go ahead and send me a PM to confirm. If any other payment methods are desired, you can leave them in the comments, and I will contact you personally. I'll try to get a list up somewhere that notes preorders and paid status so you can see if everything was received properly.

Go for it! Again if you have questions or anything, let me know! I'll be happy to answer them before you order. In the case we go over 40 orders but not enough to increase to 80, the numbered listings on this thread will have priority over all other orders. Don't worry about that!

Any unpaid preorders ($500) will be removed from the list on July 1st unless you've spoken with me and we've made some agreement, and passed on to anyone down the list. Any orders that look like spam will also be removed.
I'm assuming since I'm in Canada there's going to be additional complexity getting something up here?

I'm assuming since I'm in Canada there's going to be additional complexity getting something up here?
It will cost more for shipping, I want to say expect 12% for taxes plus customs fees, which would be the buyer's responsibility to arrange a customs broker for.

@Cereth did I miss where to send the paypal for the $500? I also forgot (sorry!) to include the form of payment on the submission form. Anything you want me to do to clear that up?

Apologies if you're still getting back to people on info with all of this.

@Cereth did I miss where to send the paypal for the $500? I also forgot (sorry!) to include the form of payment on the submission form. Anything you want me to do to clear that up?

Nah it's good! The order form is also a test run and as long as I can correlate the request/payment with the user, I'm fine.

The PayPal is david@gamesaru.net, it should have been in that comment. I asked @hursit to put my comments in the first post as well so that the information is there. I might add it on the order form too, if that's more convenient for people.

Nah it's good! The order form is also a test run and as long as I can correlate the request/payment with the user, I'm fine.
The PayPal is david@gamesaru.net, it should have been in that comment. I asked @hursit to put my comments in the first post as well so that the information is there. I might add it on the order form too, if that's more convenient for people.
ı have added to first post.

Sorry people im really busy and i cant write anything nowadays. But only reading.
Thanks to @Cereth he is replying all of your quesitons.

I have already dealed with Europe Distributor too. I will add His info very soon ;)

@Cereth thank you for setting all this up.
What is the best way to confirm you have received payment?

@Cereth thank you for setting all this up.
What is the best way to confirm you have received payment?
I will have it marked somewhere that people ordering from multiple places will be able to see it. Likely on the order form page on the website.

So I've tube swapped several classic cabs that have had pre-formed plastic bezels:
  • Ms Pac Man - 4 times
  • Defender - 2 times
  • Gauntlet - 1 time
  • Several Williams cabs
The curve is so subtle at 19" that even if it is not a perfect fit, or if you have a K7000 where you've used a donor TV already, you shouldn't have a problem if the curvature is off a bit. You could use some weather stripping and cover up the the light spillage. You could bend the bezel a bit too as you fasten it down. I wouldn't worry too much about it at 19", especially since hursit is making the bezel glass tinted. As long as the monitor you are using can mount inside the cab and hursit isn't using thick rigid plastic, should be fine.

At 25", 26", 29", then it becomes an insurmountable problem.

Back