What's new
For Sale
171001652527604826.jpg

All you need is there

Good thing i got the jnx adapter but what does oem filter actually do?
This filter board says copyright 1989 Atari (predates the game) and it is literally used as a line filter to protect against any interference going to the board via the lines, or going outward through Jamma. I guess with a PCB like this and it’s accompanying slab of metal underneath, there could very well be interference!

Quick question i got pcb enclosure assembled and theres an issue with the jamma connection staying in place with out bending down since there's no support to hold it. I just placed the 2 extra rubber inserts to hold it in place how you guys do it?
1000007017.jpg
Looks great by the way 🤙🏼

Everyone, I just wanted to share what will hopefully be a final update. I have been absolutely buried at work and have either forgot or pushed-off wrapping up the mounting feet.

I do believe everything is finalized today (pics attached). I'm letting this hang over night, but it's very sturdy. These last pieces will be going out sometime this week.

IMG20240312161016.jpg

Just in case anyone else could use this, I designed some adapters for the original filter board to attach to the JNX Rage standoffs. I originally intended to use the JNX Rage but I realized it messes with the button mappings now that I upgraded to v2.3J, which "fixes" all the button issues and adds a bunch of quality of life fixes.

Link to design:
https://www.printables.com/model/807003-primal-rage-plexi-filter-board-supports

Attachments

• 2024-03-15 15.32.57.jpg
    2024-03-15 15.32.57.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 2024-03-15 16.08.48.jpg
    2024-03-15 16.08.48.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2024-03-15 16.27.49.jpg
    2024-03-15 16.27.49.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2024-03-15 16.28.00.jpg
    2024-03-15 16.28.00.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 2024-03-15 16.28.38.jpg
    2024-03-15 16.28.38.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2024-03-13 14.10.58.jpg
    2024-03-13 14.10.58.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 22
That is awesome! @clintkolodziej would you like me to print some in the same matching filament I used for the side brackets? This applies to anyone else who would like these.

Just in case anyone else could use this, I designed some adapters for the original filter board to attach to the JNX Rage standoffs. I originally intended to use the JNX Rage but I realized it messes with the button mappings now that I upgraded to v2.3J, which "fixes" all the button issues and adds a bunch of quality of life fixes.

Link to design:
https://www.printables.com/model/807003-primal-rage-plexi-filter-board-supports
Going to have to look into this 2.3J Rev! That sounds awesome! Thanks for the heads up! 👍🏼

Oh! So the adapter doesnt work as expected with V2.3J roms then? Lets ping him @XianXi in case he is not aware.
I believe the adapter remaps buttons on the jamma edge, which you don’t really want when the buttons aren’t all goofy like the original rom revisions were. This version I believe was intended to make the game playable on Japanese cabs that have a more traditional 4 or 6 button + start layout, where the original cab shared start with one of the attack buttons (if I recall).

Here’s the guide I followed, it has a high level overview of the changes as well. I had to get the roms out of a newer mame romset.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/guide-upgrading-primal-rage-to-v2-3-j.26804/

PS: Kudos to @XtraSmiley for originally pointing me to this new rom revision

Last edited:
That is awesome! @clintkolodziej would you like me to print some in the same matching filament I used for the side brackets? This applies to anyone else who would like these.
That would be cool, I love the filament you used, I only had gray or neon green on hand, which didn’t look too bad but black or red would have fit better. I need to pick up something a bit more polished next time I order, these I mainly use for prototypes or small utility parts.

Y
I believe the adapter remaps buttons on the jamma edge, which you don’t really want when the buttons aren’t all goofy like the original rom revisions were. This version I believe was intended to make the game playable on Japanese cabs that have a more traditional 4 or 6 button + start layout, where the original cab shared start with one of the attack buttons (if I recall).

Here’s the guide I followed, it has a high level overview of the changes as well. I had to get the roms out of a newer mame romset.

https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/guide-upgrading-primal-rage-to-v2-3-j.26804/

PS: Kudos to @XtraSmiley for originally pointing me to this new rom revision
yes you are correct that is the entire intention behind the JINX adapter board (changing out the location of the start and attack button). I really want to try the 2.3J rev now 🤩🙌🏼

Back