What's new
Wiring pots
You see the pinout on the pdf you have on connector G
The asterisks are the output wires. 5 volts and gnd can be switched to make the pot turn the other way.
So just hook up some pots to see what does what

Can you send some pictures of how you connect the harness to allow Coin, Start and Service?
I think it’s either I got the wrong schematics or I got some input issues. The readings of voltage on the pins according to the pin out I got from the web is totally wrong.

Did you connect the "b" pins of the connector to 5v and gnd? That is needed to get the inputs working.

Did you connect the "b" pins of the connector to 5v and gnd? That is needed to get the inputs working.
Hmm, no. That was something I was debating about.
I only connected the GND.
When nothing is connected (5v or GND) I get strange readings and floating logics on the pins. There was no continuity between B GND pins and the power input GND, so I decided to connect the B GND pins to the board's GND. I'll try with the 5v as well.
Can I cause damage when connecting the 5v to B17-B21?

you need the 5v and ground to drive the opto-isolators if it's anything like outrun or super-hang-on.

You guys are right !
I've attached Power Drift schematics (they share the same hardware) and it appears that I need to feed 5V and GND also to the B pins on the AMP 50P connector.

I'll try today after work and update.

Many thanks to all of you !!

Attachments

• 1639069840139.png
    1639069840139.png
    253.7 KB · Views: 84
This is my connector...b side is up in the picture.
Pin numbering goes from left to right, white is gnd, yellow is 5v.
I dont have them all connected, but this is enough to get power drift running.

Attachments

• 16390803967894607915831072456731.jpg
    16390803967894607915831072456731.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 68
PROBLEM SOLVED!!
I'll post the correct wiring for the game (without the filter board) after I'll successfully map the controls :)

Many thanks to all that helped in the process

This is the board and the harness I've created to convert to JAMMA

Attachments

• IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 100
Back